We Remember The Magic Café We Remember
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Believe it or not... » » Electric Chair (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

TAIT
View Profile
Regular user
uk
142 Posts

Profile of TAIT
HI all I have a Question how old is this act? and can you give me any info on it.ps I saw a act today do any of you guys no of it the human balloon.
Slim Price
View Profile
Inner circle
1935 - 2006
1326 Posts

Profile of Slim Price
I was doing the Human Dynamo in the early fifties and Ray Bradbury used it In "Something Wicked," so it's at the very least 60 years old. It's also called Electra (female) and Mr. Electrico, (male)
Slim
sanscan@tds.net

"I will never bitter be, as long as I can laugh at me!"

"The people who were dancing were thought to be insane by those who could not hear the music"
Todd Robbins
View Profile
V.I.P.
New York
2907 Posts

Profile of Todd Robbins
The Human Balloon was the act done by Jack Donahugh. Man,I spelled that wrong,but it's early in the morning and that's the closest I can come to it. Jack just passed away a few months ago. He would lay down, put a bicycle pump hose in his mouth and have someone start to pump away. His stomach would get hugh. He worked out in Coney Island. Slim may have worked with him. There is a short clip of Jack in the movie Coney Island USA from 1955.
TAIT
View Profile
Regular user
uk
142 Posts

Profile of TAIT
Thanx todd sorry to her about jack.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Believe it or not... » » Electric Chair (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2020 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.13 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL