The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Shuffled not Stirred » » Favorite Memorized Deck Trick (42 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3~4~5~6 [Next]
Close.Up.Dave
View Profile
Inner circle
Behind you!
2956 Posts

Profile of Close.Up.Dave
Josho, in Simply Simon by Simon Aronson.
Josho
View Profile
Special user
Albany, New York
758 Posts

Profile of Josho
David,

Thank you kindly.

--Josh
Flec
View Profile
Special user
UK
585 Posts

Profile of Flec
Would sam the bellhop qualify?
Close.Up.Dave
View Profile
Inner circle
Behind you!
2956 Posts

Profile of Close.Up.Dave
Quote:
On 2004-08-15 07:42, Flec wrote:
Would sam the bellhop qualify?

No.
Pablo Tejero
View Profile
Inner circle
Zaragoza, SPAIN
1201 Posts

Profile of Pablo Tejero
My two favourites are: Tamariz´s "Mnemonicosis" and Darwin Ortiz´s "Zen Master".

But I would like also to talk a little about Jose Carrol´s memorized deck. You know that after his death, his two volumes "52 Lovers" have been reprinted in spanish in just one book called "52 Amantes A Traves Del Espejo" (52 lovers through the mirror). This new edition also included a lot of underground writtings of Jose. And the one of them is a little work about a new memorized deck of his own. Just incredible, I mean, his deck has great posibilities. If you speak spanish or read it, try to get the book.

All the best magic,

Pablo Tejero Smile
"The Magic is in the air, you just have to... breathe it!"
learachel
View Profile
Elite user
446 Posts

Profile of learachel
A little more about this routine? (about Pepe)

Thank you Pablo .the voice of spain..

Simon
Belgium
Caliban
View Profile
Special user
727 Posts

Profile of Caliban
Aronson's Two Beginnings from Try The Impossible is a great real world memorized deck routine. Simple plot and does nothing nasty to the stack.

Darwin Ortiz' Remote Control from Scams and Fantasies is ideal for when you first learn a memorized stack as it doesn't matter if you have to think about it to come up with the right position. Another simple direct plot, though very similar to Al Baker's A Card at a Number.
the74rock
View Profile
Loyal user
261 Posts

Profile of the74rock
Does anyone do tricks from the joyal stack??

which tricks do you do??
Aron Devin
View Profile
New user
Chattanooga, TN
78 Posts

Profile of Aron Devin
To "the74rock": check out joyalstack.com for some great info on the stack. They have an awesome message board there too. By the way, one of my favorite tricks with the memorized deck is Rene Lavand's on page 156 of his incredible book "Magic From The Soul'.
Pablo Tejero
View Profile
Inner circle
Zaragoza, SPAIN
1201 Posts

Profile of Pablo Tejero
Quote:
On 2004-08-16 09:18, learachel wrote:
A little more about this routine? (about Pepe)

Thank you Pablo .the voice of spain..

Simon
Belgium

Hi and thanks for "the voice of spain", I like it Smile

On the other hand, what I tolk about is not a routine, is a new (old) memorized deck Jose Carrol created many years ago, and not much known. His order has incredible new posibilites, and the order was made for doing easy and at the same time very deceptive, some great magic effects. I have read Tamariz, Aronson, Loyal, and they have memorized deck with a lot of posibilities, and great work on it, you know "general memorized deck effects". But Carrol´s order is prepared to do maybe the 5 best and most magical effects i´ve ever seen.

You could find it in an underground essay, published in the new reprinted edition of his book 52 Lovers (but in spanish, that´s the pity).

All the best magic,

Pablo Tejero Smile
Close.Up.Dave
View Profile
Inner circle
Behind you!
2956 Posts

Profile of Close.Up.Dave
Quote:
On 2004-08-16 20:28, Aron Devin wrote:
By the way, one of my favorite tricks with the memorized deck is Rene Lavand's on page 156 of his incredible book "Magic From The Soul'.

I haven't read anything by Rene Lavand. I didn't even know he used a memorized deck. Does he have a lot of tricks in his book with one?
eric6
View Profile
Regular user
177 Posts

Profile of eric6
Quote:
But Carrol´s order is prepared to do maybe the 5 best and most magical effects i´ve ever seen.

You could find it in an underground essay, published in the new reprinted edition of his book 52 Lovers (but in spanish, that´s the pity).

Pablo Tejero Smile

And are those 5 effects discribed also in the book ??
Thanks
Eric
Samuel
View Profile
Special user
Norway
831 Posts

Profile of Samuel
My favourite effect by the use of memorized deck is "mind reading" Smile
Samuel

Magic is everywhere
Pablo Tejero
View Profile
Inner circle
Zaragoza, SPAIN
1201 Posts

Profile of Pablo Tejero
Quote:
On 2004-08-21 05:56, eric6 wrote:
Quote:
But Carrol´s order is prepared to do maybe the 5 best and most magical effects i´ve ever seen.

Pablo Tejero Smile

And are those 5 effects discribed also in the book ??
Thanks
Eric

Sure you could find them. But more than this 5 effects, you will discover the posibilities of these five effects are just amazing.

All the best magic,

Pablo Tejero Smile
Bball5630
View Profile
Regular user
140 Posts

Profile of Bball5630
Probably,
If It Existed
Histed Heisted
Poker Face Demonstration.
Fishsticks
View Profile
New user
Greensboro, NC
70 Posts

Profile of Fishsticks
If you just leave the cards in the order they come in, it's very easy to memorize the order. It goes like this, A-K hearts, A-K clubs, A-K diamonds then A-K spades. It's awesome!
saturnin
View Profile
Special user
Montreal, Canada
964 Posts

Profile of saturnin
Fishsticks wrote:
Quote:
If you just leave the cards in the order they come in, it's very easy to memorize the order. It goes like this, A-K hearts, A-K clubs, A-K diamonds then A-K spades"

Maybe you can, but then you cannot spread the cards face-up, or even riffle the corners to have a spectator peek a card!!!

A memorized deck has to look like a really randomly shuffled deck.

By the way, which cards are you using???

Because Bicycle cards come in the following order:
A-K Hearts, A-K Clubs, K-A Diamonds, K-A Spades.

Cheers!

Ronnie Lemieux
There is no road to happiness,

happiness is the road!
Kjellstrom
View Profile
Inner circle
Sweden, Scandinavia, Europe
5203 Posts

Profile of Kjellstrom
Shuffle Tracking by Simon Aronson
Test your Luck by Darwin Ortiz
Card Sense by Darwin Ortiz
chado158
View Profile
New user
Indianapolis, IN
80 Posts

Profile of chado158
Two Beginnings (I perform this every chance I get)
Twice As Hard (this one always gives goose bumps!)
Past Present Future (I like to perform this with Fate because I use the same wallet index for the Future cards as I do with the Fate Charts)
Two Deck Canasta (though this can be done with a cyclical deck, I always use two stacks in Aronson order)
Histed Heisted (I recently killed with this effect in front of 350 people at the Sheraton Hotel)

I really want to learn Simon's Bait and Switch. A perfect way to ring in a memorized deck switch!
lcwright1964
View Profile
Special user
Toronto
569 Posts

Profile of lcwright1964
Past Present Future
Mike Close's Invisible Deck
Invisible Card (Aronson)
Everybody's Lazy
Two Beginnings
Asi Wind's AACAAN

Twice as Hard was a fave until it was supplanted by Two by Two.

Really keen to add Bait and Switch or Shuffle Tracking as ways to ring in a memdeck.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Shuffled not Stirred » » Favorite Memorized Deck Trick (42 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3~4~5~6 [Next]
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.02 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL