We Remember The Magic Café We Remember
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Where to put it all... » » What magic do you keep in your wallet? (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3~4~5~6 [Next]
KingStardog
View Profile
Inner circle
2134 Posts

Profile of KingStardog
A torn and restored dollar set up, a Paul Harris twilight angel card w/band, a couple healed and sealed photos, and a one to five bill gaff.

I also have a small black velvet bag that's square and just large enough to hold the following: English penney version of "China change", a real penny, a real half, a copper/silver coin and a Johnson hopping half set, and a real quarter. I dump all the loose change I get as soon as possible. I turn the bag upside down in my pocket when getting started, and know what order in the stack everything is in. I hand out the real coins a couple times. With Peters help there is no scotch and soda set, or bang ring. If I carry my leather deck case, I'm good for an hour or two.
...think not that all wisdom is in your school. You may have studied other paths,but, it is important to remember that no matter who you are or where you come from, there is always more to learn.
kakronen
View Profile
Regular user
107 Posts

Profile of kakronen
A pack of cards, and a coin purse with 5 half dollars, 2 quarters, and a copper penny.
hawkbird
View Profile
New user
94 Posts

Profile of hawkbird
I carry a McDonald's sugar packet gimmicked with "Instasnow," a one to one-hundred bill, "Kolossal Killer," a popper, sometimes my John Altepeter magic ring, and sometimes a pen through dollar.

Oh yeah, since I move furniture for a living I have a broken finger with protuding bones Smile

With this, I can really give someone a heart attack.

All in the name of magic...and fun!

Oh yeah, a thick belt to hold my britches up.
uzanga
View Profile
New user
17 Posts

Profile of uzanga
An ordinary deck of cards!
TiendaMagia
View Profile
Regular user
Spain
134 Posts

Profile of TiendaMagia
I carry a $1 to $5 bill and a condom (just in case) and some business cards.
Cordially

Mariano Sosa

Magic Store in Europe

http://www.tiendamagia.com

Foro de magia en Castellano!

www.magiapotagia.com
aby9plp
View Profile
Loyal user
Montreal, Canada
255 Posts

Profile of aby9plp
I keep a gimmick dollar, color monte and nfw. But I switch them from time to time.
-aka-
Phoenix
Dan Watkins
View Profile
Inner circle
PA
3028 Posts

Profile of Dan Watkins
Quote:
On 2002-10-01 08:46, kakronen wrote:
A pack of cards, and a coin purse with 5 half dollars, 2 quarters, and a copper penny.

That must be one fat wallet.

I keep a quarter shell over a quarter, a folding quarter, a dollar bill folded into a cone, the 4 of hearts and the queen of spades in my wallet.
Click to visit:
KingStardog
View Profile
Inner circle
2134 Posts

Profile of KingStardog
Dan,
Why the quarters out of curiosty, and do you carry halfs not in the wallet, also what do you do with the folder? Just curious, since I know you are in the top few in your field of magic.
...think not that all wisdom is in your school. You may have studied other paths,but, it is important to remember that no matter who you are or where you come from, there is always more to learn.
Fredrick
View Profile
Loyal user
Seattle
247 Posts

Profile of Fredrick
I, too, pack the gaff for Burger & Parr's 21st Century Bill Transposition as well as a couple of sets of cards for Card Warp.
"Try to find the humanity in the magic and maybe you'll come up with something of your own. It's the humanity that gets you there, not techniques." Michael Moschen on Creativity
Dan Watkins
View Profile
Inner circle
PA
3028 Posts

Profile of Dan Watkins
I usually have with me coin purses. In coin purses I have silver dollars (and like size coins) and half dollars (and like size coins).

The quarters in my wallet I hardly ever use. Why are they there? For the times that I do not have any of my coins with me, I can borrow quarters and do some coin magic. If people get really interested I can ring in the quarter shell and do some really butt kicking effects.

So in short they are there for the times I need to borrow stuff, that is why they are quarters. The folder is for coin in the bottle - also something that will seem like more of an impromptu situation. If someone has a beer at dinner or if I am at a cocktail party, I can perform the coin in a bottle routine. I love the chances I get to use this routine. I don't get to very often, but it always kills laypeople.

Thanks for the compliment, but I don't consider myself one of the "top few". I think you need to be a working professional performing day in and day out to really be one of the elite. There is simply a level of performing polish that is unattainable in my mind without doing it every day.
Click to visit:
Decoy
View Profile
New user
13 Posts

Profile of Decoy
Packet tricks are a worthy addition to any wallet. I keep 'It's done with mirrors' and a Darwin Ortiz packet effect called 'Back Off', which can be found on his At the Card Table series, I forget which volume. Color Monte always gets good reactions. Jim Pace, 'The Web' gives people heart attacks, so don't do it on elders with high cholesterol. Smile
___-=Åçê=-___
Amadeus_Magi
View Profile
New user
Jakarta, Indonesia
100 Posts

Profile of Amadeus_Magi
Two Card Monte, Helicopter Card <Hover Card>, Flash Paper, Folding Half, Cigar thru Card and Coin Thru Card, ready for Impromptu Magic
Magic Beyond Your Imagination
Big Daddy Cool
View Profile
Inner circle
The Houdini Room at The Casa de Cool
1596 Posts

Profile of Big Daddy Cool
I used to go out with pockets full of stuff, then I slimmed down to a deck of cards, a packet trick wallet and my regular wallet loaded down.

Now, believe it or not, I only carry a half dollar, a handful of business cards and whatever else is in my wallet that day. But I can still perform nearly 10 minutes worth of magic immpromptu with the things in my wallet or things that I can borrow.

I used to carry the Magi-Card, but today people are so miserable at math it hardly ever works.

When I wasn't performing as regularly as I am now, I would carry a ton of stuff. Now I am performing almost every weekend, and don't feel the need to prove myself every minute.

Catch ya on the flip-side!

Big Daddy Cool
Swing hard, swing often, and we'll catch ya on the Flip-Side!
John Pyka
www.johnpyka.com
Rajat Mittal
View Profile
New user
London
98 Posts

Profile of Rajat Mittal
I used to keep a couple of packet tricks - but then I found that anything in my wallet that would never be found in a non-magicians wallet was "magic trick stuff" for laymen. Even if the cards were normal - the same trick with a borrowed back was MUCH more effective.

Now I carry 3 routines with me - but with wallet type stuff:

1. 3 Rubber bands - I have 2, 5, and 10 minute routines with these.

2. 3 Safety pins - again the linkin/unlinking theme, but they are not performed on the same audience one after the other.

3. 3 Coins - nothing more needs to be said.

Notice that these are ROUTINES. Not tricks. Just because it's impromptu, doesn't mean it shouldn't be planned beforehand with a beginning, a middle and an end.

I also normally have a handkercheif (that's another 5 minute routine), and a floating credit card (with the gimmick shifted to a real card that I hardly use) thrown in for a quickie.
Stedwick
View Profile
New user
Las Vegas
73 Posts

Profile of Stedwick
In my wallet I keep a three card monte. I think it's one of the few "packet tricks" that doesn't look wierd if you pull the cards from your pocket rather than from a deck.

I also keep in my pocket five half dollars and rubber bands for Crazy Man's Handcuffs Smile

Stedwick
JamesR
View Profile
New user
51 Posts

Profile of JamesR
All I carry is a couple of rubber bands and some coins. If find that I can put together a good routine with these and other things I borrow. As Rajat said, if you whip a packet trick out of your wallet that nobody would carry except a magician, laymen will instantly be suspicious.
nitram
View Profile
Veteran user
London U.K.
308 Posts

Profile of nitram
The 'Flamer' Wallet
Hypnobill
Reality Twister
Bitten Coin 50p
Cig thru £1
Wild Card (4 spades/ace of hearts transposition from Davenports London)
Copper / Silver (half Kennedy and Penny)
Healed and sealed Gimmick
magic fett
View Profile
New user
45 Posts

Profile of magic fett
No one well at least I didn't see it mentioned my favorite. That's good I guess but I always carry around impromptu nightshades a Paul Harris trick from AOA that always gets a great reaction.
rseward
View Profile
New user
50 Posts

Profile of rseward
The wallet I carry is the “Real Man's Wallet” which is great for the card to wallet effect. I also carry in it the packet trick “Call of the Wild”, and a gimmick dollar that allows me to change $1.00 into $20.00 I also include the four aces so I can perform “Three Card Monte” or even “Twisting the Aces.” Plus, I have a couple of Chinese coins (with holes in them) so I can perform some great coin transpositions with a borrowed quarter. At one time, I used to include some rubber bands and string for different tricks, but they didn’t carry well in the wallet. So I leave them out now.
Stanyon
View Profile
Inner circle
Landrum, S.C. by way of Chicago
3412 Posts

Profile of Stanyon
My credit cards. I can buy anything with them and this always amazes my friends.

SORRY! Smile

Cheers! Smile
Stanyon

aka Steve Taylor

"Every move a move!"

"If you've enjoyed my performance half as much as I've enjoyed performing for you, then you've enjoyed it twice as much as me!"
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Where to put it all... » » What magic do you keep in your wallet? (0 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3~4~5~6 [Next]
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2021 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.43 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL