The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Finger/stage manipulation » » How can I colour my yoshino gimmick to match (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

plainman007
View Profile
Special user
630 Posts

Profile of plainman007
Can you guys advise me how to colour my yoshino. its a pain to use make-up. its too temporary and tends to rub off on clothes etc. paint shines and looks glossy. any ideas wud be appreciated...
M-Illusion
View Profile
Special user
549 Posts

Profile of M-Illusion
What type of paint have you used? It would seem that if you're looking for a dull finish, a flat paint would work just fine.
plainman007
View Profile
Special user
630 Posts

Profile of plainman007
Dear M,

I've used matt brown too. The paint just cracks up and doesn't stick. What do I do ??? Smile
M-Illusion
View Profile
Special user
549 Posts

Profile of M-Illusion
Try roughing it up with sandpaper, then using a primer prior to painting. This will give your paint something to stick to and should help resist cracking.
the Sponge
View Profile
Inner circle
Atlanta
2612 Posts

Profile of the Sponge
Purchase paint especially made for latex (masks and the like).

s
kregg
View Profile
Inner circle
1958 Posts

Profile of kregg
Good call sponge,
If you can't find the paint in your local costume shop or theatrical supply. Get a copy of Cinefex and look at the adds.

Kregg
POOF!
plainman007
View Profile
Special user
630 Posts

Profile of plainman007
Hi Sponge...

Can you tell me where I can find these kind of latex paints? Any dealers or idea please? If you've had some direct experience.

Thanks
Bill Palmer
View Profile
Eternal Order
Only Jonathan Townsend has more than
24274 Posts

Profile of Bill Palmer
If we had an idea of where you were located, maybe we could help you.

Just knowing what country you are in might help.

One of the problems with certain materials, plastics, for example, is that to keep them flexible, there are "plasticizers" that are part of their structure. These make it very difficult to paint them. Some plasticizers keep paints from adhering to these surfaces.

Krylon has a new line of spray paints that will adhere to plastics much better than their regular line. I haven't tried them, myself, but they may provide an answer.

Another possibility is a brush-on acrylic latex paint. You can mix these to achieve any kind of skin tone.
"The Swatter"

Founder of CODBAMMC

My Chickasaw name is "Throws Money at Cups."

www.cupsandballsmuseum.com
Pete Biro
View Profile
1933 - 2018
18558 Posts

Profile of Pete Biro
Window manequin dummy paint is what I used to use.
STAY TOONED... @ www.pete-biro.com
plainman007
View Profile
Special user
630 Posts

Profile of plainman007
Hi Bill Palmer,

Im not in the USA. Srilanka. So please tell me where I can order this from on the net or something by post. Thanks.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Finger/stage manipulation » » How can I colour my yoshino gimmick to match (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2021 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.11 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL