The Magic Caf
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Believe it or not... » » Paper Clip through arm (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

chrispa1
View Profile
Regular user
137 Posts

Profile of chrispa1
Has anyone done this? How can I learn it? any good books or DVD's?
pikacrd
View Profile
Veteran user
Florida
387 Posts

Profile of pikacrd
Here is a piece of advice for you on this one. Don’t do it. The risk of infection is high even if you use a pocket sterilizer. Some people will say that you really are not penetrating the skin that deeply but you will need to remember that your skin is your largest organ and can get infected. You are better off going out and getting a version of the needle through the arm instead.
“Indubitably, Magic is one of the subtlest and most difficult of the sciences and arts. There is more opportunity for errors of comprehension, judgment and practice than in any other branch of physics”. William S. Burroughs 1914-1997 American Writer
Joey Evans
View Profile
Special user
Fort Myers, FL
535 Posts

Profile of Joey Evans
Andrew Mayne's Shock FX DVD has a version of paperclip through the arm. It works like the needle, but has nice thinking behind it.
The Visual Comedy and Magic of Joey Evans

http://www.Evansmagic.com/

The Impossible Has Never Been So Funny!
chrispa1
View Profile
Regular user
137 Posts

Profile of chrispa1
Joey thanks I will check that out. Is that dvd the paper clip deal or does it have more thing on it?

Do you know of some really hard hitting effects that are SAFE? something in my mouth or stomach?

I am looking for some shocking stuff like this effect.
Slim Price
View Profile
Inner circle
1935 - 2006
1326 Posts

Profile of Slim Price
Part of my old "Unhuman Man" act used an ordinary, but sharpened large Safety pin... Rather than the arm though, I ran them through the backs of my hands...Not recommended!
Slim
sanscan@tds.net

"I will never bitter be, as long as I can laugh at me!"

"The people who were dancing were thought to be insane by those who could not hear the music"
Joey Evans
View Profile
Special user
Fort Myers, FL
535 Posts

Profile of Joey Evans
It has a lot of other effects, many of them similar geek effects. It's probably got about 10 or 15. If you are serious about the Paperclip trick go with this. It's setup is very good and very real world. Although this is the only effect I do from this DVD, I found it worth it, because many other effects are very "do-able", if they fit your persona.
The Visual Comedy and Magic of Joey Evans

http://www.Evansmagic.com/

The Impossible Has Never Been So Funny!
pikacrd
View Profile
Veteran user
Florida
387 Posts

Profile of pikacrd
What Joey is not telling you is that he is a crazy man.
Just kidding Joey is a very good friend the only guy that I would leave my baby girl with besides family, and one hell of a Magician. Probably one of the best with what he does.

Try what he says.
“Indubitably, Magic is one of the subtlest and most difficult of the sciences and arts. There is more opportunity for errors of comprehension, judgment and practice than in any other branch of physics”. William S. Burroughs 1914-1997 American Writer
what the...?
View Profile
Veteran user
North Carolina
378 Posts

Profile of what the...?
Chris, I own Shock FX. I know how it is done. The only shocking thing I have seen you purchase is The Web. Come by Saturday, and get you some razor blades, etc. Look into Andrew Mayne, I believe I gave you his site. Not all his stuff is quite shock magic, but I would call vanishing only have your body shocking.

Brian
The great Sandwich!
flipped
View Profile
Regular user
110 Posts

Profile of flipped
Is andrews version impromptu?
what the...?
View Profile
Veteran user
North Carolina
378 Posts

Profile of what the...?
You set up what you need, and carry it in your pocket (it can fit in your wallet), and you can do it on command.

Brian
The great Sandwich!
darkp0is3n
View Profile
New user
Texas
58 Posts

Profile of darkp0is3n
I just recently did the paper clip through the arm, it was hard to push through, it even bent, but it didn't really hurt, I have a decently high pain tolerence from the many piercings that I do on myself constantly, and play piercings with nice sized needles, it has greatly risen over the past year or so, so it wan't a big deal to me at all.
dynamiteassasin
View Profile
Inner circle
Naval Air Facility, Atsugi, Japan
1158 Posts

Profile of dynamiteassasin
Andrew Mayne's shock FX has it, you might also want to check out Harry Anderson's Needle Thru Arm or Screwdriver Thru Arm. It's pretty much the same concept.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Believe it or not... » » Paper Clip through arm (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.01 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL