The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Our new arrivals » » The resurrected Magi from the southern lands (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

scolman
View Profile
Elite user
Cape Town, South Africa
444 Posts

Profile of scolman
Hi guys, I live in Johannesburg, South Africa. This is the first time I've ever posted anything on any magic website. I stopped doing magic 20 years ago and just decided about six months back that it was time to start "pulling rabbits out of hats" again. Things sure have changed a lot, I've been surfing the net quite bit, can't believe the stuff that's available now.
Anyway, I'm glad to be back.
jrbobik
View Profile
Regular user
Philadelphia
104 Posts

Profile of jrbobik
I Understand. I also stoped about 15 years ago and have come back with a vengence. Enjoying it a lot, I forgot how much I enjoyed performing. Times sure have changed. Welcome to the Café
"No act of kindness, no matter how small, is ever wasted"
scolman
View Profile
Elite user
Cape Town, South Africa
444 Posts

Profile of scolman
Pleased to make your aquaintance. When I last performed before a large group of people I was only 12.
Now that I have gotten started again I find I am so nervous my hands shake (almost fling the *** cards all over the close-up mat). One thing I must say though, I just can't stop thinking "magic" - I may have even become a bit obsessive or maybe just making up for lost time.
What kinda magic do you do?
Simon
Patrick Differ
View Profile
Inner circle
1540 Posts

Profile of Patrick Differ
Nervous? Remember to breathe...and practice...and perform. Perform your own way...you'll be more comfortable...and your magic will be better.

Patrick
Will you walk into my parlour? said the Spider to the Fly,
Tis the prettiest little parlour that ever you did spy;
The way into my parlour is up a winding stair,
And I've a many curious things to show when you are there.

Oh no, no, said the little Fly, to ask me is in vain,
For who goes up your winding stair
-can ne'er come down again.
Dr. TORA
View Profile
Inner circle
TURKEY
1448 Posts

Profile of Dr. TORA
Hi Scolman,
Welcome to the best Café on the net.The Café is such a the unique place for Magic. It is ever expanding and has nearly 14.000 members throughout the world. It will make a great contribution to your magic perspective. Do not forget to post often. You will find many new friends and many new ideas here. I predict you will like the Café.Please grab a chair and begin to type your next post while you have a cup of strong Turkish coffee on my bill.
Magically Yours,

OZLEN TUNCER /Dr.TORA

Have you visited my new Website in English, yet?

www.magictora.com or www.torasmagic.com
scolman
View Profile
Elite user
Cape Town, South Africa
444 Posts

Profile of scolman
Tora, thanks for the welcome (and the coffee!) So far I've been blown away by the content in the Café. My magic is very rusty still and I think I fell into the trap of spending a fortune on gimmicks etc. without first thinking about what and how I'd like to perform. You live and learn I guess, I subsequently found a thread in the Café on this very topic so I'll know for next time to keep my purse strings tied until I've got some direction.
Simon
dynamiteassasin
View Profile
Inner circle
Naval Air Facility, Atsugi, Japan
1158 Posts

Profile of dynamiteassasin
Welcome back! I'd be glad to help if you need help.. Just PM me anytime.

Have fun in magic! Smile
HARRISFAMILYMAGIC
View Profile
New user
Atlanta Ga.
3 Posts

Profile of HARRISFAMILYMAGIC
Welcome back, I retired from performing after 25 years, but now I have come back. Once magic is in your blood, you are hooked. My wife and I use to perform around 200 shows a year but now that Im older we have cut back some.
You are right about things chainging, there is so much new stuff around today. If I can be of help in anyway please let me know.
Remember You Are The Magic
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Our new arrivals » » The resurrected Magi from the southern lands (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2021 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.1 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL