The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Smooth as silk » » Suggestions for a good silk routines (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

tkmagicman
View Profile
New user
PA
8 Posts

Profile of tkmagicman
I would apprecitate any suggestions for a good silk routine that may fit a dove act that is could be performed well to music. thank you
Dave Scribner
View Profile
Assistant Manager
Lake Hopatcong, NJ
4855 Posts

Profile of Dave Scribner
Ah, so many choices so little time. Here's a short routine that may or may not fit you but maybe give you some ideas. Assuming you are wearing tails.

Walk on stage and produce a silk in each hand. Tie them together and place them in a large glass. Remove the flower from your lapel and turn it into a silk.

Vanish the silk, remove the tied silks showing the vanished one in between. (standard 20th century silks)

Gather the silks and produce your dove. Set the silks aside, stroke the dove several times and toss it to the ceiling changing it to a silk. (standard tail toss)

Produce a candle from the silk and do a few manipulations with it (vanish, reappear etc)On the last vanish, produce a dove bare handed.

The act could go on and on but basically what I'm saying is that you want each effect to lead into the next so it looks like a routine and not just someone doing one trick after another.
Where the magic begins
tkmagicman
View Profile
New user
PA
8 Posts

Profile of tkmagicman
Thank you for your suggestions I appreciate them
Rupert Bair
View Profile
Inner circle
?
2181 Posts

Profile of Rupert Bair
I like that Dave!
Matt
Danny B
View Profile
New user
Bangor Maine
1 Post

Profile of Danny B
I agree that each effect shouldflow into the next when perfprming to music don't forget the music can help you time your steals and productions and build to the climax of the routine.
Danny A. Baker
Maine's Funniest Magician
P.O. Box 2451 Bangor Maine 04401
Rupert Bair
View Profile
Inner circle
?
2181 Posts

Profile of Rupert Bair
Whats the best manipulative way to vanish a silk?
Bob Sanders
View Profile
1945 - 2024
Magic Valley Ranch, Clanton, Alabama
20504 Posts

Profile of Bob Sanders
Quote:
On 2004-08-19 11:52, magic_matt wrote:
What's the best manipulative way to vanish a silk?

Completely!

Bob
Bob Sanders

Magic By Sander / The Amazed Wiz

AmazedWiz@Yahoo.com
Rupert Bair
View Profile
Inner circle
?
2181 Posts

Profile of Rupert Bair
Ha Ha, mini lol.
Really though in a manipulation act what would you use? a pull?

Bob on your site, its funny you have a banner with UK magicians on it! David Penn is not to far from me.
Matt
magician81
View Profile
Loyal user
singapore
293 Posts

Profile of magician81
Hi guys,

Recently I bought Duan Laflin's hank ball manipulation DVD. It's a superb silk magic teaching DVD. It teaches many wonderful routines using a hank ball, and gives detailed instructions on using a hank ball(moves, techniques,etc). The 20th century silk routine really blows me away. No sewing, can be done close up, and completely examinable at the end.....wow.

So pick up this DVD & a hank ball today.
never try, never know
Amazing Kenno
View Profile
New user
Kenno
60 Posts

Profile of Amazing Kenno
I echo Magician81...Duane has already improved silk magic education with his prior videos and the DVD series he has begun takes the subject to new heights. Kenno.
The Amazing Kenno
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Smooth as silk » » Suggestions for a good silk routines (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.01 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL