The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » New to magic? » » Your favorite Jay Sankey tricks? (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page 1~2~3 [Next]
zur
View Profile
Special user
California
671 Posts

Profile of zur
Everyone complains that Jay Sankey's most recent line of tricks are "out to make a quick buck" and are bad quality when compared to his old ideas.

I recently saw his trick "key deposit" which he marketed to elmwood, l&l publishing and he used "holy moly" to replace it at penguin magic

Both are the same effect with a hole transfused to another place but one uses keys and the other uses washers

http://www.llpub.com/zenshop/index.php?m......_id=1666

http://www.penguinmagic.com/product.php?ID=842

These recycling of tricks seem to be very annoying. After viewing a video of "one car garage" I thought he was a genius back then:

http://www.elmwoodmagic.com/?nd=full&key=547

Also tricks such as "one car garage" seem very catchy but they don't exist anymore.

My question is what Jay Sankey tricks do you like the most?
claffeyb
View Profile
New user
24 Posts

Profile of claffeyb
I like his simple ones like Dough! which, although is a suspect penetration due to the Postit and shakey hold, still does well as a total impromptu grabbing a pen and Postit off a person's desk. To somebody that hasn't seen other penetration magic before, it works well. Also, I like Paperclipped - very simple but powerful. Since I hang around mostly co-workers and family, not knowing any magicians other than online, I don't have a tough audience. Smile

Sankey does seem to come out with a ton of stuff - his rapid-fire off-the-wall delivery reminds me of Robin Williams - not brillant funny like Robin but way too much energy and after awhile, it's like what my M-I-L says of listening to bagpipes playing - you can only take so much (sorry to you out there that play them!).

I'm not familiar with older stuff of his but will look into "One Car Garage" - I was thinking of getting his "Short & Sweet" because it doesn't seem well-known and I saw a good review on it once, but also find it difficult to keep track of what tricks are in what product - recycled or not? Who knows half the time!
rtgreen
View Profile
Inner circle
Portland, Oregon
1322 Posts

Profile of rtgreen
I'm not a huge Sankey fan, but I saw him do a ring and rope routine with a chain and a key which was very magical. I liked it very much.
flipped
View Profile
Regular user
111 Posts

Profile of flipped
I have a few sankey tricks. My favorite has got to be In a Flash.
Dougini
View Profile
Inner circle
The Beautiful State Of Maine
6724 Posts

Profile of Dougini
Paperclipped!
3 Ring Circus
Leaving Home
Magus Capsule (My next purchase)

I've only recently gotten acquainted with Sankey stuff, and so far, I'm very impressed. The guy is "different"...and uses everyday items. A refreshing change from "proppy" looking stuff.

Doug
Shane Wiker
View Profile
Inner circle
Las Vegas
1199 Posts

Profile of Shane Wiker
Diehard Opener, from The Very Best of Jay Sankey 1. Great to open in a walk-around/strolling routine.

Shane Wiker
SOHartist
View Profile
Loyal user
Ft. Myers, Florida
211 Posts

Profile of SOHartist
Airtight and Paperclipped

Michael
dazelle
View Profile
New user
47 Posts

Profile of dazelle
Hmmmmm even though people credit him for the so called "holy moly" I would say that, even tho it isn't his
when i beat you at your own game, you'll have no place else to turn
Curmudgeon
View Profile
Loyal user
Iowa
246 Posts

Profile of Curmudgeon
I think he has some really good things out but people seem to forget about them now that the market is being flooded a little. Some of the effects I like are off his Very Best of vol 3
Mr Clean Coins Across
Paperclipped
His Card to Pocket
Ship in a Bottle

And I really like his two bill switch routines off "No Card Tricks".
Mitchum
View Profile
New user
59 Posts

Profile of Mitchum
My favorite is Leaving Home. The sleights take a little practice, but the effect is well worth the work.
Franz-O
View Profile
New user
Toronto, Canada
66 Posts

Profile of Franz-O
Clean coins across. hands down. not something to learn overnight though
Alex Browne
View Profile
New user
Brisbane, Australia
4 Posts

Profile of Alex Browne
His new DVD Revolutionary card magic is great, got loads of new great material on there. Other then that my favorite tricks of his would be
Paper clipped
Leaving home
Snow storm
He really stands out to me because he is probalby one of the funniest guys ive ever watched
dynamiteassasin
View Profile
Inner circle
Naval Air Facility, Atsugi, Japan
1158 Posts

Profile of dynamiteassasin
Dough
Leaving Home
Coins Across
Stirring Silver
TheHungryMagician
View Profile
Regular user
144 Posts

Profile of TheHungryMagician
Some of the ones on Revolutionary Card Magic are nice, like Blaze of Glory ("Card from fireball") or Assault With A Deadly Weapon ("Card to salt shaker").
Forever starving,
Smile Hungry Smile
MaGiShN46
View Profile
Loyal user
244 Posts

Profile of MaGiShN46
Dough and The Smoke Stain Transfer on his Sankey Secret Files Vol.1
locas
View Profile
New user
Singapore
54 Posts

Profile of locas
Mr Clean Coins Across and Paperclipped.
gene plampin
View Profile
Regular user
168 Posts

Profile of gene plampin
Mr. Clean Coins Across and 3 Ring Circus

Gene
Jeff M. Gray
View Profile
New user
Oklahoma City, OK
78 Posts

Profile of Jeff M. Gray
I'd have to say that my favorite Sankey effect is "Back in time". It always plays well as an opening effect during walkaround. I like to play around with "Mr. Clean Coins Across". I think it's a fun routine to play with, and it gives your fingers a good workout.
CardC
View Profile
Regular user
San Miguel de Allende, Mexico
158 Posts

Profile of CardC
Id have to say paperclipped, its my overall fav but I'm a huge fan.
be happy
John McLaughlin
View Profile
Veteran user
Gloucester, Massachusetts
382 Posts

Profile of John McLaughlin
My current favorite is Leeches from his new video. Easy to do, and gets a great reaction!
...NSA John McLaughlin, not CIA John McLaughlin
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » New to magic? » » Your favorite Jay Sankey tricks? (0 Likes)
 Go to page 1~2~3 [Next]
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2020 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.11 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL