The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Where to put it all... » » ATA Cases (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page 1~2 [Next]
Justin Flom
View Profile
Veteran user
325 Posts

Profile of Justin Flom
As of right now, many of my illusions are in home-made wooden cases. One even in a cardboard box!!! Smile I've seen these ATA cases, and love them! I have one because it came with a illusion I bought, but I want to know where I can get some nice cases cheap. Even if their aren't ATA, what cases do you guys use for safe transporting? Smile
Swami Bill
View Profile
Regular user
Le Monde
135 Posts

Profile of Swami Bill
Justin - As a working pro musician I have invested mucho dinero on good ATA cases. New, custom-made cases are very expensive. If you have an illusion that you need a case for, you can expect to pay upwards of $350 USD depending on the size and shape of the case. I have picked up some great ATA cases on Ebay for pennies on the dollar but you don't have the choice of sizes or custom fit that you would with a new case. I have re-worked the insides of these cases, though, and have customized them pretty well. As always with Ebay, caveat emptor. PM me if you want further info on new or used cases.

Swami Bill
That's MISTER Swami Bill to you.
Jason Purdy
View Profile
Regular user
140 Posts

Profile of Jason Purdy
Justin,
Swami Bill hit the nail on the head with eBay. Just search for ATA, ATA Cases etc.
Here is a good site for you to look at:
http://www.cdmmanufacturing.com/

Good luck!

~Jason
Justin Flom
View Profile
Veteran user
325 Posts

Profile of Justin Flom
Hey, Thanks very much!

Justin Smile
The Village Idiots
View Profile
Elite user
Orlando
464 Posts

Profile of The Village Idiots
I recently learned of a company in Chicago that offers custom fiber cases at a really cheap price.

Wellington Trunk & Case
1134 West Hubbard Street
Chicago, Il 60622

They have been used by magicians for years. They don't like water.

Many people advertise their cases as A.T.A. but are not correct.
A true to god, A.T.A. case can be dropped from the air at a certain height. I do not know the exact distance. So be sure to ask questions before you buy a case with a prop. Make sure it is not just wood and carpet if it claims to be a A.T.A.

I.M.O.
Will
Some are born idiots.

Some are made idiots.

Some have idiocy thrust upon them.
Bobcape
View Profile
Elite user
Rapid City, SD
470 Posts

Profile of Bobcape
I don't think these are true ATA cases, but Sam's club has a 2-pack of aluminum cases that nest for $79. The big one is (LxWxH) 24x18x21 the small one is 22x16x19. They are fairly durable and are a pretty good bargin. FYI Bob
Be Amazed! + Enjoy The Magic!
TiendaMagia
View Profile
Regular user
Spain
134 Posts

Profile of TiendaMagia
What is an ATA cases?
Cordially

Mariano Sosa

Magic Store in Europe

http://www.tiendamagia.com

Foro de magia en Castellano!

www.magiapotagia.com
Snidini
View Profile
Special user
776 Posts

Profile of Snidini
Justin, if you are looking for good cases and especially a roadworthy case, try any of the good music shops like Sam Ash, or the Guitar Center. They will certainly be able to provide you with about any size you may need. Although not cheap, they will last you a life time and surely protect anything you put inside them.
Peter Loughran
View Profile
V.I.P.
Ontario, Canada
2683 Posts

Profile of Peter Loughran
Justin, what do you need? I can have something built of excellent quality for a great price. let me know, I'm sure I can help.

P.
Brand New: - SNAKE BITE ILLUSION
www.masterofillusions.ca

Follow me on Facebook:
https://m.facebook.com/peter.loughran.9

Check out my new movie:
www.plasterrockmovie.com
www.globaluniversal.com

Also visit: www.l2fireworks.com
Darkwing
View Profile
Inner circle
Nashville Tn
1850 Posts

Profile of Darkwing
Depending on what you want, you can go to Lowe's and get a alumimium tool case for about $20.00 USD. I use two of these cases and chrome tray jacks to do my shows from. If you want a true ATA case go to http://www.pssl.com. This is the web site for Pro Sound and Stage Lighting.
Dave Schutt
View Profile
New user
84 Posts

Profile of Dave Schutt
I'm looking for the gray foam rubber for the inside of these cases. I want to redo some cases I already have. Can anyone tell me where I can find some?
Dave Schutt
Charlotte, NC
glodmagic
View Profile
Special user
USA
501 Posts

Profile of glodmagic
ATA = Airline Transportation Approved.
Also generically referred to as Anvil (brand) or Road cases.

Best ones for magic are made by Encore Cases in Hollywood CA
A Magician founded this so he understands our language. Collectors’ Workshop/Viking use this company.

Tell them what you want in them, measure your stuff, they do the rest.
Remember ANY of your posts here can be Googled by your customers and Clients. Just entering your name in Google can bring up your negative comments that stay for years!
Justin Flom
View Profile
Veteran user
325 Posts

Profile of Justin Flom
Hey.
I actually have an Encore Case for one of my Collectors Workshop items. It's very well made.
I just had some ATA cases made for my illusions within the past few months. It's the ONLY way to go if you travel at all.
Twisted_Reality
View Profile
New user
64 Posts

Profile of Twisted_Reality
Ok

For Canadians - Ata cases (complete with foam inserts ) sell for 27 50 at the local canadian tire.
Of course I can float, - can i borrow a jet pack from the audience please?
glodmagic
View Profile
Special user
USA
501 Posts

Profile of glodmagic
Was that a Canada joke?
Remember ANY of your posts here can be Googled by your customers and Clients. Just entering your name in Google can bring up your negative comments that stay for years!
Rob Johnston
View Profile
Inner circle
Utah
2060 Posts

Profile of Rob Johnston
I have heard it posted in this area before that Thrift stores sometimes have some great cases.
"Genius is another word for magic, and the whole point of magic is that it is inexplicable." - Margot Fonteyn
jimisolo
View Profile
Regular user
League City, TX
110 Posts

Profile of jimisolo
Just wanted to throw in here that SKB make some excellent cases (for about 25 - 50 % cheaper than Anvil). You can find some of what they offer here:

http://www.casesbyskb.com/

Personally, I store most of my magic paraphenalia in the electrician cases sold at Builders Square, Home Depot, Etc... (They go for about $20 Smile). They are very professional looking (brushed aluminum), have adjustable compartments, and the removable panel in the top portion is great for sorting smaller items (also to stash things behind). I also came across some pretty cool cases here:

http://www.pricehot.com/briefcase.html

These can get pretty pricey though as well. Smile
videoman
View Profile
Inner circle
6750 Posts

Profile of videoman
Quote:
On 2004-01-01 22:52, Justin Flom wrote:
Hey.
I actually have an Encore Case for one of my Collectors Workshop items. It's very well made.
I just had some ATA cases made for my illusions within the past few months. It's the ONLY way to go if you travel at all.

Justin,

Curious where you decided to get your ATA cases built?

Thanks,
Bill
Bill Palmer
View Profile
Eternal Order
Only Jonathan Townsend has more than
24315 Posts

Profile of Bill Palmer
Quote:
On 2002-10-05 21:13, xaratax wrote:
What is an ATA cases?

ATA = Air Transport Association.

ATA cases are supposed to be resistant to baggage handlers. They are heavy-duty cases made for illusions, musical instruments, etc.
"The Swatter"

Founder of CODBAMMC

My Chickasaw name is "Throws Money at Cups."

www.cupsandballsmuseum.com
Twisted_Reality
View Profile
New user
64 Posts

Profile of Twisted_Reality
No, it wasnt a Canadian joke. They really have them for $27.50. I love Canadian Tire, ropes, sponges, cases, tables: prop makers dream home.
Of course I can float, - can i borrow a jet pack from the audience please?
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Where to put it all... » » ATA Cases (0 Likes)
 Go to page 1~2 [Next]
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.03 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL