We Remember The Magic Café We Remember
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Believe it or not... » » Hook Thru Eye (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Lou Hilario
View Profile
Inner circle
2222 Posts

Profile of Lou Hilario
A fakir friend of mine does an effect wherein he shows a large hook and hooks it inside his eyelid and lifts an attache case on chains attaching it to the hook. The gimmick is so simple but just like sword swallowing or nail thru nose has to be practised.
I asked him where he learned this and he said it came from a fakir in Bangkok who passed away 3 years ago.
Does this trick originate from Bangkok or from India or from some place else? Anyone knows?
Magic, Illusions, Juggling, Puppet & Parrot Show ^0^
http://www.louhilario.net
Aron Devin
View Profile
New user
Chattanooga, TN
78 Posts

Profile of Aron Devin
There's a book titled "Swami Mantra" that has many tricks in it like the one you described. I'm not sure if the trick is in it but if you can find or borrow copy it might lead you in the right direction.
Slim Price
View Profile
Inner circle
1935 - 2006
1326 Posts

Profile of Slim Price
Currently, the most popular performer doing this is Ses Carny... I hope I can speak for him and invite you to contact him on his website...I think he is one of the best. Or, ask your friend.
Slim Price
sanscan@tds.net

"I will never bitter be, as long as I can laugh at me!"

"The people who were dancing were thought to be insane by those who could not hear the music"
Lou Hilario
View Profile
Inner circle
2222 Posts

Profile of Lou Hilario
Hello Slim Price,
I just checked out Ses Carny's website and I checked his eye hooks. That's a real stunt. The one I am referring to is with a gimmick placed inside the eyelid. The effect looks like you are piercing the hook in your eyeball. I guess this is much safer than that of Ses Carny but it does look gruesome. Don't you think?
Thanks,
Lou
Magic, Illusions, Juggling, Puppet & Parrot Show ^0^
http://www.louhilario.net
Slim Price
View Profile
Inner circle
1935 - 2006
1326 Posts

Profile of Slim Price
Whenever you fake something that we do for real, you violate your supposed ethics, and there is not a way to convince an audience... It's not even a "see what I can do."
Slim Price
sanscan@tds.net

"I will never bitter be, as long as I can laugh at me!"

"The people who were dancing were thought to be insane by those who could not hear the music"
Hexagon
View Profile
Regular user
London
198 Posts

Profile of Hexagon
There is something similar to that effect in 'Houdini On Magic' which would, perhaps with a few modifications, suffice...
darkp0is3n
View Profile
New user
Texas
58 Posts

Profile of darkp0is3n
I can lift various stuff with my eyelids, but I do not hook "through" them, since I am only 14, there are a few people who are upset with me knowing this act, they think that "if a 14 year old can do it, then there will be no respect for it, and people with think it is all easy." and other things along those lines. This year, if my principle allows it, I am doing a few acts on stage for a "talent show" if you will. It's gonna be awesome.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Believe it or not... » » Hook Thru Eye (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2020 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.22 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL