The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Dvd, Video tape, Audio tape & Compact discs. » » Best DVDs --> Bang for the Buck (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3~4~5 [Next]
the74rock
View Profile
Loyal user
261 Posts

Profile of the74rock
Good recommendations

aldo colombini is easy and powerful.
doc eason very entertain and good tricks.
full circle
View Profile
New user
Pascagoula, Ms.
53 Posts

Profile of full circle
If you want to learn the sleights, go for Daryl`s Encyclopedia of Card Sleights. No waste there.

John
"A person who can laugh at himself, will never fail to be amused".
dynamiteassasin
View Profile
Inner circle
Naval Air Facility, Atsugi, Japan
1158 Posts

Profile of dynamiteassasin
Cultural Xchange 2
and
Brainstorm:Magic of John Guastaferro.
T. Joseph O'Malley
View Profile
Inner circle
Canada
1937 Posts

Profile of T. Joseph O'Malley
Quote:
On 2004-08-17 13:39, Keith Yeung wrote:
Kjellstrom, although Lavand is an excellent magician don't you find him to be a little "long winded". I think he sounds like my grandapa. I'm one of the younger generations ;-)

Oh boy... Then I best not recommend the Dai Vernon "Revelations" series.
tjo'
Matt Andrews
View Profile
Loyal user
Switzerland
219 Posts

Profile of Matt Andrews
I'm surprised that no-one here has mentioned Michael Close Ultimate Workers DVDs.

I can't say that his performance style appeals to me, but the teaching element for an "intermediate" cardician is great (not really beginner, as some passes and palms are used, as well as the use of a memorized deck).

Matt
Special user
558 Posts

Profile of Jaybs
I have to agree with dynamite. John G. definitely has some creative effects in his Brainstorm series. I love the fact that most of the tricks take little preparation, but manage to create a tremendous reaction!
phantomace
View Profile
Special user
651 Posts

Profile of phantomace
I'd say definately De'vo's Cradle To Grave DVD. Mostly because it has magical items(non-gimmicked card rise, box vanish, CTG magical routine, packet vanish, and flourish items(flipback fan, Heaven Display and more)and the moves continue coming long after you bought it from a special forum. They keep on adding moves and giving away free stuff. It's almost like a magazine subscription. There are over 20+ moves between the forum and the DVD, and more are coming.

Gotta love a DVD that always gives back.

Phantom
Tiki
View Profile
Loyal user
Northwest Arkansas, USA
247 Posts

Profile of Tiki
I have purchased probably a dozen dvds from members in the "Lets make a deal" forum. The prices are roughly 50 to 60% of the current retail. At those prices, you don't have to be as careful with your selections. If don't like one of your purchases, sell it and you are usually out only the cost of shipping.

Cheers,

Tiki
kerpa
View Profile
Special user
Michael Miller
594 Posts

Profile of kerpa
For lots of card effects very clearly explained, and pretty good stuff for a beginner, I like Harry Lorayne's DVDs or VHS. He talks VERY quickly, so he packs in a lot of material! He has a style very classic for some New Yorkers (but not all of us:) , but even if you don't like his persona, his card tricks and methods get good reactions, in impromptu settings, in my experience.
kerpa
a/k/a Michael Miller
Chicago area
Michael Miller
(Michael Merlin: original family --and stage-- name)
JJP161
View Profile
Special user
Columbus, Ohio
506 Posts

Profile of JJP161
Quote:
On 2004-08-16 10:58, rawdawg wrote:
Get Johnny Thompson's "Classic of Magic" v.1-4. You get a history lesson, entertainment, a catalog of modern close up magic and video evidence of a black gentleman turning white all rolled into one.

rawdawg - Hit the nail on the head, Johnny Thompson's Commercial Classics of Magic 1-4 are my favorite set of videos. Some of the best magic you will find is on this set of video's taught by a true master. I can't give these a higher recommendation.

Joe
euphoria5150
View Profile
Regular user
Russell Jeanneret
110 Posts

Profile of euphoria5150
Tommy Wonder.

Tommy Wonder.

Tommy Wonder.

SANKEY

SANKEY

SANKEY
Theater, cinemas, and literature are all better forums for telling stories or creating drama. Stand-up comedy is better for telling jokes. But magic is unique in creating the Twilight Zone sense of turning a corner and finding yourself on another street, in another town, in another country. Deception is the means to that end. –John Bannon
ragingcalm
View Profile
Elite user
428 Posts

Profile of ragingcalm
Is stars of magic on DVD? I thought cradle to the crave was mostly flourishy cuts - has anyone reviewed it? Devil's picute book is great (though sadly not on DvD)using a lot of Green's slieghts. Green magic Vol. 1 is IMO an essential dvd for all card workers.
joseph
View Profile
Eternal Order
Please ignore my
17011 Posts

Profile of joseph
Anything by Darwin Ortiz or Paul Harris.....
"Everything should be made as simple as possible, but no simpler." (Einstein)...
rmoraleta
View Profile
Special user
Philippines
767 Posts

Profile of rmoraleta
Cradle to Grave - all flourishes. I fell asleep, so there might be some Magic there during my brief nap Smile
Kozmo
View Profile
V.I.P.
5361 Posts

Profile of Kozmo
I really liked the tony clark dvd.....but wait till you see the cellini /slydini as I recall dvd that will be out in a month or so...great stuff... GREAT stuff....tons of video of Slydini working...really good....historic...

koz
Marco S.
View Profile
Inner circle
1017 Posts

Profile of Marco S.
For the sleights, Daryl`s Encyclopedia of Card Sleights is the best ever.
stilson
View Profile
New user
78 Posts

Profile of stilson
I would go with Johnny Thompson's Commecial Close Up Classics, this entire series rocks!
ashah
View Profile
Elite user
465 Posts

Profile of ashah
Anything by Daryl.
Turk
View Profile
Inner circle
Portland, OR
3546 Posts

Profile of Turk
I just got done watching Cellini's "The Magic That Can Be Performed Anywhere" DVD. I am stunned!! What a great DVD!! Words fail me in trying to adequately express how powerful this DVD is and how appreciative I am for its release. Great routines. Great and complete explanations. Great production qualities. There is NO fluff or filler on this video. Every item on the DVD is quite visual and is a "worker". The sleights and methodologies are, relatively speaking, easy to learn and rely more on timing than on knuckle-busting sleights.

While still in this state of shock, all I can manage at this point is a simple heartfelt "Thank You" to both Koz and Cellini for their unselfishness in sharing this information with the magic community.

Mike

P.S. I'm looking forward to next watching the "The Art of Street Perfoming" series put out by Cellini and Koz.

Koz just mentioned that a new Cellini/Slydini DVD will be out next month. I can hardly wait. I wonder if this will be Volume 4 of the "The Art of Street Perfoming" series or willinstead be a separate DVD issue.
Magic is a vanishing Art.

This must not be Kansas anymore, Toto.

Eschew obfuscation.
Kozmo
View Profile
V.I.P.
5361 Posts

Profile of Kozmo
Thanks guys....

its a seperate dvd/2 dvd set/slydini......there will be an art of 4 next year....with around 20 performers...this will be the most important of the set because its all about money!!!!

thanks for all the support fellas
koz
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Dvd, Video tape, Audio tape & Compact discs. » » Best DVDs --> Bang for the Buck (0 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3~4~5 [Next]
X
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2020 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.13 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL