We Remember The Magic Caf We Remember
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Not very magical, still... » » Less than 6 weeks til I'm a Dad (help!) (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2
Ron Giesecke
View Profile
Special user
Redding, Ca.
944 Posts

Profile of Ron Giesecke
My advice would be this: If you are going to be camera-prone, try to minimize videotaping grand moments, and settle for still photos. I had to make a conscious desicion to do this myself, because a video camera guarantees you will film a precious time that everybody else gets to experience. After the first few times I had this happen, I realise that, even though I was the one who filmed my daughter's hysterical, infant laughing fit--I never really saw it.

I'm grateful that I boycotted the camcorder while my girls are still young. . .

Congratulations!

Ron Giesecke
Reis O'Brien
View Profile
Inner circle
Seattle, WA
2467 Posts

Profile of Reis O'Brien
Don't let your babies grow up to be cowboys.
Homo vult decipi; decipiatur

http://www.myspace.com/liar_4_hire
briantwig
View Profile
New user
78 Posts

Profile of briantwig
I have an 8 month old. I was told, as many here have told you, that sleep would be a thing of the past. Not true. For me that is. My son has slept through the night since day 1. In fact, we had to force him to wake him up to feed him at night. And more often than not we had to wake him up several times while feeding him to get him to finish feeding!

I know we are in the extreme minority on this matter. You will most likley not get any sleep.
dpe666
View Profile
Inner circle
2895 Posts

Profile of dpe666
Quote:
On 2004-08-18 21:32, briantwig wrote:
I have an 8 month old. My son has slept through the night since day 1. In fact, we had to force him to wake him up to feed him at night. And more often than not we had to wake him up several times while feeding him to get him to finish feeding!

That boy ain't right. Smile
jonesc2ii
View Profile
Loyal user
Oxford, England
235 Posts

Profile of jonesc2ii
Quote:
On 2004-08-18 09:38, Ron Giesecke wrote:
My advice would be this: If you are going to be camera-prone, try to minimize videotaping grand moments, and settle for still photos. I had to make a conscious desicion to do this myself, because a video camera guarantees you will film a precious time that everybody else gets to experience. After the first few times I had this happen, I realise that, even though I was the one who filmed my daughter's hysterical, infant laughing fit--I never really saw it.

I'm grateful that I boycotted the camcorder while my girls are still young. . .

Congratulations!

Ron Giesecke

Also, try to resist the temptation to video EVERYTHING! I recently found an hour of film of my daughter sleeping! It's quite entertaining in fast-forward, but otherwise a still photo would have been adequate!

My advice would be to have bed in the spare room made up so that you can dive in there if you really NEED to sleep. And try to remember that Mrs Beetroot will be at least as tired as you are so don't be surprised if she's as grumpy as you are!

Anyway, congratulations and, though I'm sure a hundred others have told you, try to enjoy it all when it happens, cos it really doesn't last long, they're soon grown-up enough to be asking all sorts of awkward questions! But they also become more useful, it's like having a remote control for the fridge!
www.ixyl.co.uk/forums - for when you fancy a debate or a quiet chat.
irossall
View Profile
Special user
Snohomish, Washington
529 Posts

Profile of irossall
[quote]On 2004-08-19 16:54, jonesc2ii wrote:
Quote:
they're soon grown-up enough to be asking all sorts of awkward questions! But they also become more useful, it's like having a remote control for the fridge!

Love it Smile

Also if you walk in the house barefoot like I do, you will be finding those little lost Lego's and all sorts of fun, painful little toys hidden in the carpet.
If you don't already have a dog I suggest getting one, they are great for picking up the Cheerio's, Cookie crumbs and various other messes you'll be finding around the house. Smile
Iven Smile
Give the gift of Life, Be an Organ Donor.
Shane Wiker
View Profile
Inner circle
Las Vegas
1199 Posts

Profile of Shane Wiker
Quote:
On 2004-08-19 16:54, jonesc2ii wrote:
They also become more useful, it's like having a remote control for the fridge!

Yep. Often, my parents will be within an arms reach of the TV remote or other object, but will instead have me (On the other side of the room) get up and get it for them.

Now I know why...

Shane Wiker
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Not very magical, still... » » Less than 6 weeks til I'm a Dad (help!) (0 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2022 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.04 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL