The Magic Caf
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Not very magical, still... » » A look at Copperfield's contracts (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Scott Cram
View Profile
Inner circle
2678 Posts

Profile of Scott Cram
Ever wonder what sort of specifications David Copperfield gives in his various contracts? Check out some of Copperfield's actual contracts at The Smoking Gun.
Pakar Ilusi
View Profile
Inner circle
5725 Posts

Profile of Pakar Ilusi
Now that's DETAIL for you...

I'm happy if they just supply mineral water backstage...

Smile
"Dreams aren't a matter of Chance but a matter of Choice." -DC-
Andini
View Profile
Special user
Columbus, OH
685 Posts

Profile of Andini
Whoa Whoa Whoa...you mean that Copperfield can get Grilled Boneless Chicken breast with Teriyaki sauce on the side at a moment's notice!?!?

That's what I call living!
pikacrd
View Profile
Veteran user
Florida
387 Posts

Profile of pikacrd
This really is not that bad. I guess when we all do what he does we will be able to ask for the silly stuff too. I really would have thought that it would have much more demanding. I have heard stories that he freaks out if the people working for him call him David and not Mr. Copperfield, this is probably more urban myth than anything. All of the times that I have met him he has been very nice to me and my wife, he seems like a pleasant person, but who knows.
Gotta run, my chicken is here.
“Indubitably, Magic is one of the subtlest and most difficult of the sciences and arts. There is more opportunity for errors of comprehension, judgment and practice than in any other branch of physics”. William S. Burroughs 1914-1997 American Writer
pikacrd
View Profile
Veteran user
Florida
387 Posts

Profile of pikacrd
By the way if you get a chance look up what Britney Spears asks for, and then look up what J-Lo asks for when they do shows. I think that you will see that Chicken on a moments notice is not such a huge demand.
“Indubitably, Magic is one of the subtlest and most difficult of the sciences and arts. There is more opportunity for errors of comprehension, judgment and practice than in any other branch of physics”. William S. Burroughs 1914-1997 American Writer
Brian Proctor
View Profile
Inner circle
Somewhere
2321 Posts

Profile of Brian Proctor
Wow, that is pretty pathetic. But, if you have the money, why not?
pikacrd
View Profile
Veteran user
Florida
387 Posts

Profile of pikacrd
Brian,
Why do you think that it is pathetic? Would you not enjoy Chicken on a moments notice? He is a busy guy and probably gets hungry, and if a man gets hungry he should have chicken on a moments notice. Just kidding the chicken thing is a bit strange but who cares? The guy is a great entertainer regardless of what you think of his magic he has entertained millions for a long time. With the money that he has he probably has come to expect things that most people would call pathetic, I would choose the word eccentric but such is life.
Cheers.
Neoglobin
View Profile
Elite user
460 Posts

Profile of Neoglobin
I wouldn't turn back if I had that life. Smile
Magically Yours,

Neoglobin.
briantwig
View Profile
New user
78 Posts

Profile of briantwig
This Rider is about the tamest I have ever seen.

You want to see real outrageous, check out Barbara Streisands. When she stays in a hotel she makes the replace all the toilets in the room prior to her arrival with brand new ones. Her royal rear can't touch a previously used bowl.
Pakar Ilusi
View Profile
Inner circle
5725 Posts

Profile of Pakar Ilusi
But, that's incredible, with DC's menu for meals.

Cruotons and all.

Hope I get there someday.

Smile
"Dreams aren't a matter of Chance but a matter of Choice." -DC-
Tyler_Magician
View Profile
Special user
509 Posts

Profile of Tyler_Magician
Wow, this is crazy. I guess everything has to be perfect!
magicgeorge
View Profile
Inner circle
Belfast
4299 Posts

Profile of magicgeorge
......brandy glass full of brown M&M's.
joespc
View Profile
New user
54 Posts

Profile of joespc
Wow! And that’s 5 of 29 (or more) pages of requests.
Matt Graves
View Profile
Special user
Huntsville, Alabama (USA)
504 Posts

Profile of Matt Graves
I think the chicken thing is hilarious! If it were me, it might be Taco Bell food and Dr. Pepper...at a moment's notice...

heheh . . .
ClouDsss
View Profile
Inner circle
1799 Posts

Profile of ClouDsss
Interesting..he must really love his 'Grilled Boneless Chicken Breast'.

It sure is nice being a celeb. LOL

I can even list what food they have to provide in a moment's notice.

Cheerios.
Think outside the box, cos people are all thinking inside now!! - ClouDsss
mvmagic
View Profile
Inner circle
Has written
1312 Posts

Profile of mvmagic
That was a fun read. Our stage show rider seems SO pathetic compared to that! Anyone cares to compare our own riders?
Sent from my Typewriter
rnaviaux
View Profile
Loyal user
285 Posts

Profile of rnaviaux
I'm surprised at some of the replies to this. Do you realize how much hard work it is to be on the road? Or how much money he has made for other people? Seems to me that he deserves this type of care. If I worked for him, I'd make sure he did get what he wanted as my paycheck would depend on him.

Randy
Dayle
View Profile
Regular user
Canada
147 Posts

Profile of Dayle
So how do you know when you can request (demand?) chicken at a moments notice? Maybe he had that on his contract years and years ago and the bookers just laughed at him and told him to forget it!

But seriously, how do you know when you can put that kind of detail into you contract without getting laughed at or losing the gig? (Maybe I should start another thread for this one???)

Cheers
Dayle
World's Most Accomplished Female Escape Artist
http://www.sherryandkrallmagic.com
Daegs
View Profile
Inner circle
USA
4290 Posts

Profile of Daegs
The thing is that David travels CONSTANTLY.

Imagine being in a new town, or even country every few days.... You need constistancy.

The contract and little amenities are just there to make sure that you don't hit a bad stretch in some place with crappy chicken Smile

It could have just started out that he was to have chicken made availible, but then someone brought him a type of chicken he didn't like so it got more specific.... later on, in between sets he wanted a bite but there was no chicken, thus the "at a moments notice" clause.

It isn't as outragous as everyone here is to think, there aren't much alternatives. Don't ask for anything, and you will get nothing....
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Not very magical, still... » » A look at Copperfield's contracts (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2022 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.02 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL