The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The little darlings » » Speciality contact lens. (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

WR
View Profile
Special user
Utah
945 Posts

Profile of WR
My main show is around the H. Potter theme. In the books it says that many of the wizards have black eyes. I were contacts and have been Entertaining the idea of special contacts like spiderwebs or white etc... I really like the cats eyes. My question is will this work for or aginst me? I am also 6'6 and 270lbs.
Most magically yours,
WR Smile Smile
"Tell Em WR sent Ya."
Stevethomas
View Profile
Inner circle
Southern U.S.A.
3728 Posts

Profile of Stevethomas
Check with your optometrist, especially around Halloween most of them advertise these. I think there are about 10 different styles of these speciality contacts. There's cat eyes, solid white, 8 ball, fire, I like the spiral, and there are several more. Your ability to use 'em will depend more upon your personal health and limitations...I can't wear 'em, since I have very dry eyes, and can barely make it in VERY LOW WATER content contacts, specially made in Australia...

Steve Thomas
x-treem
View Profile
Inner circle
1133 Posts

Profile of x-treem
Unless times have changed, the special contacts give you tunnel vision, you can not see peripherally, out the sides of your eyes, this may cause a problem during shows. You also can not legally drive in the US while wearing them. Like I stated times may have changed as my info is about two years old. Hope I've helped.

X
A direct from text adaptation : The Strange Case Of Dr. Jekyll & Mr. Hyde Starring Mickey Rooney in his final role.
Mike Robbins
View Profile
Elite user
Anchorage, Alaska
447 Posts

Profile of Mike Robbins
Not knowing your character or show, I'll take a stab at it.

I think it may work against you. Although there is a level of fright in the Harry Potter books/movie, I think spider webs or cat's eyes would certainly have the ability to overly frighten children. Unless, of course, that's the effect you want.

Mike
The fool doth think he is wise, but the wise man knows himself to be a fool.
Shakespeare
Jim Reynolds
View Profile
Elite user
Special Guest
431 Posts

Profile of Jim Reynolds
For kids, I think it would work against you. With your size, you may do better as a Hagrid type character. The lovable, relectunt wizard.

But having said that, I personally think that dressing as a wizard, even a generic one, can intimidate kids. Especially the little ones (day care)

Watch Dan Garretts Kid Konnivery tape in which he dresses as Dan the Wizard. Dan is a big guy himself. You will see the little ones shy away from him. He opens with a bit by walking up to a child to "cut" an invisible hair he his holding between his fingers. The first kid gripped in fear refuses. Then he moves to another kid who also refuses to participate.

They are scared of this big guy dressed up funny (he just moved on as if one of the kids cut the hair for him).

Don't get me wrong, Dan has some great material on this tape for the kidshow performer. But I think his Dan the Wizard character frightens kids.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The little darlings » » Speciality contact lens. (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.01 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL