The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The August 2004 entrée: Jon Allen » » Favorite Original Effect » » TOPIC IS LOCKED (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

joseph
View Profile
Eternal Order
Please ignore my
17411 Posts

Profile of joseph
Jon,
What is your favorite original effect? If you came up with something stronger than Double Back (awesome), I want to be the first to know......
"Everything should be made as simple as possible, but no simpler." (Einstein)...
Jon Allen
View Profile
V.I.P.
England
1771 Posts

Profile of Jon Allen
Hi Joseph,

I don't have one particular favourite effect of mine. I like several for different reasons:

Double Back because of the routining and the magical impact it has on people.

The Destination Box because I think it overcomes some of the "problems" with C2B and produces a real piece of theatre.

How Much because I came up with a use for the Elmsley Count I had never seen before.

The Infinity Deck because it was my first major idea and helped me fool a whoel bunch of magicians!

I also like my No Count False Count for my Professor's Nightmare routine. I like sneaky moves over hardcore sleights and this is *very* sneaky!

I am currently working on something that I am more excited about than I was about Double Back. The reason being that the routine is totally new. I have shown a few people over here and the response has been very favourable indeed. I can't say too much about it right now but it should be out and about later in the year.
Creator of iconic magic that you will want to perform.
The Silent Treatment, The Pain Game, Paragon 3D, Double Back, Destination Box and more.
Available at www.onlinemagicshop.co.uk
afknight
View Profile
Elite user
499 Posts

Profile of afknight
Hi Jon
Is the new routine that special something you performed for us at the Third Monday Magic session in Philadelphia last year? I can't wait for that one!
Alton
p.s. DB rocks!
Jon Allen
View Profile
V.I.P.
England
1771 Posts

Profile of Jon Allen
Hi Alton,

Always nice to hear from you! That Third Monday Magic session as a lot of fun. You guys are so lucky to have eachother to brainstorm with. I had so much fun with you guys. I hope I have the chance to come back again.

The routine I think you mean was the Card at Any Number. It has been put on the shelf for a little while as I am concentrating my efforts on the other effect. However, it is something that I do intend to bring out some time in the near future. I'll have to get Murphy's on the case!
The Silent Treatment, The Pain Game, Paragon 3D, Double Back, Destination Box and more.
Camille L.
View Profile
New user
10 Posts

Profile of Camille L.
Hello Jon,
I just want to know if your upcoming product is a copper silver transpo with an incredible clean one-handed change ?
I ask you this question because Sebastien Clergue has a wonderful copper-silver transpo and he told me that you are the creator of the effect and that you will release it one day.
This is the most awesome change I have never seen and I have no idea how it's done !
Jon Allen
View Profile
V.I.P.
England
1771 Posts

Profile of Jon Allen
Camille,

While it would be nicve to take credit for creating the copper/silver transpo effect, alas, it was not me. I have been working on a routine and the change I am looking to employ wouldn't fool magicians but for the laymen it looks really magical.

I can't say too much about my new effect just yet. What I will say is that the whole routine is done silently.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The August 2004 entrée: Jon Allen » » Favorite Original Effect » » TOPIC IS LOCKED (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.01 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL