We Remember The Magic Caf We Remember
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Not very magical, still... » » Napoleon Dynamite (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Matt Bartz
View Profile
Loyal user
Gilbert, Arizona
252 Posts

Profile of Matt Bartz
For those of you with an off beat sense of humor I recommend catching Napoleon Dynamite at a local theater. The show is about a wacked out high school kid in Idaho and his wacked out family and wacked out friends.
The lines are hilarious. If you've, seen it...tell me if you agree.
James F
View Profile
Inner circle
Atlanta
1096 Posts

Profile of James F
When I started watching it, I HATED this movie. It was so stupid. But as it went on it really did get incredibly funny. I think you have to be in a certain mood for this movie to go over well. All in all I thought it was pretty funny. Everyone at my school quotes it all the time.

James
Jim Morton
View Profile
Veteran user
361 Posts

Profile of Jim Morton
This film seems to be one that you either love or hate. I loved it. It is definitely not for everyone.

Roger Ebert hated it and suggested Welcome to the Doll House as a better representation of what it is like to be a teenage misfit. An interesting choice. WTTDH is about a girl who wants to fit in but is shunned. Napoleon Dynamite is about a kid who doesn't fit in and doesn't care that much if he does. Personally, I was more like Napoleon Dynamite in high school, so I found it more meaningful. I guess Ebert spent his teenage years trying to hang with the in crowd, only to be called fatso by the head cheerleader. Smile

Jim
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Not very magical, still... » » Napoleon Dynamite (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2022 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.01 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL