The Magic Caf
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Not very magical, still... » » Fitness (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2
Al Kazam the Magic Man
View Profile
Inner circle
Living in Perth Western Australia
1020 Posts

Profile of Al Kazam the Magic Man
I couldn't resist posting again to keep this little discussion going.

I'm wondering how you all balance the cardio from strength exercise. For me I start out with at least 30 minutes of fast walking on a tread mill or the walking machine. Then I do different weights for different parts of my body. At least 30 minutes of that. If anyone could share some ideas on what is better to work on I'd sure appreciate it.

Thanks,
JoJo
Al Kazam --> Magic guy in Perth Australia
NJJ
View Profile
Inner circle
6439 Posts

Profile of NJJ
If you are overweight then the chances are you need to change your diet as well as exercise.

Performers tend to have terrible diets because of the lifestyle the lead (lunch at traffic lights, hotel room services, drive thru between gigs....)

I'm currently losing a bit more weight (I lost 20kg and I'm losing 7 more!) and I've found whilst its easy to talk about all the different regimes and diets you can go on, it is in fact quite hard (and quite dangerous) to simply start a program.

I've focused more on changing my attitude to food and exercise so that exercise becomes something enjoyable and food plays less of role in non nutritional parts of my life.
Al Kazam the Magic Man
View Profile
Inner circle
Living in Perth Western Australia
1020 Posts

Profile of Al Kazam the Magic Man
HI Nicholas,

Congrats on losing so much weight. I never thought you had 20 kilos to lose. You probably have a whole new wardrobe now. I did lose 23 kilos in 3 months about 6 years ago. Was the worst thing I had ever done to myself. Ended up with a few health problems from it.

I agree with you on the parts about having the right attitude towards food and that exercise is something to enjoy and not like hard work.

All the best,

JoJo
Al Kazam --> Magic guy in Perth Australia
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Not very magical, still... » » Fitness (0 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2022 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.01 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL