The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The August 2004 entrée: Jon Allen » » TradeShows » » TOPIC IS LOCKED (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

alekei
View Profile
Loyal user
Dubai/Lisboa
245 Posts

Profile of alekei
Hi Jon!

Here is the situation:

You are hired for a Medical Laboratory to do magic in a TRadeShow. You are in the Company's Stand. There is people (maybe a lot, maybe just a few) walking by.

How do you aprroach them? What Effects do you do?

P.S.: What do you think about using Ropes for adults?

Thanks!!

Alejandro.
Jon Allen
View Profile
V.I.P.
England
1771 Posts

Profile of Jon Allen
Alejandro,

I have the feeling you have a trade show coming up for a Medical Laboratory. lol.

Seriously, if I were to be asked by such a company to work their stand, I would suit the effects to the company and its product/s. I would find out what they were looking to highlight, what message they wanted to portray and what their three main selling points were. I would then look at what they give me and base the magical effects around that. With the right presentation, virtualy any effect can be tailored to any type of company.

For me, I like to grab a couple of people or a small group and slowly work bigger. As with my regular close-up work, I do not go for the quick effect first. I prefer to make a connection with people and then get to the magic. Once you can create interest then people will stop. From their it canjust snowball. Start with effects that enable you to interact with people then build to effects that stand out and enable you to hold a crowd.

To link in with your question about rope, off the top of my head, a cut and restored rope routine could well fit in with a medical company. If one of the products helped clear blockaged arteries then vanishing knots, cut & restored rope etc. would be perfect.

I hope this is of some help.
Creator of iconic magic that you will want to perform.
The Silent Treatment, The Pain Game, Paragon 3D, Double Back, Destination Box and more.
Available at www.onlinemagicshop.co.uk
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The August 2004 entrée: Jon Allen » » TradeShows » » TOPIC IS LOCKED (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.01 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL