The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Tricks & Effects » » Razor Blade Illusion (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Brent McLeod
View Profile
Inner circle
1792 Posts

Profile of Brent McLeod
Greetings Members-

Appreciate any feedback on the following effect or similar versions thanks

Thinking of adding to my cabaret/Nightclub act to music

http://www.daytonamagic.com/General%20Magic/G48.htm

-Brent
Alym Amlani
View Profile
Inner circle
Canada
1464 Posts

Profile of Alym Amlani
I saw Tim Ellis do this at a lecture and loved it. he did it very nonchalantly (sp?) and to the song "lemon tree". He did say that in doing it and in learning it, you WILL get a few cuts in your mouth regardless of how careful you are. He also added that it's very well worth it.

a.
Logic Defied
Caliban
View Profile
Special user
727 Posts

Profile of Caliban
Yes the Tim Ellis version is great. It's one of the best methods I've seen and can be found in his lecture notes "Ellis in Wonderland" as "Ultimate Blades"
charliemagic
View Profile
Special user
545 Posts

Profile of charliemagic
ABM,
I have the item you linked to & have used it a few times..It does all the 'work'..I highly recommend it.
I also have Tim Ellis lecture notes "Ellis in Wonderland".I never took the time to learn his version as I am very satisfied with the other one you referred to.
Bradley Morgan
View Profile
Special user
702 Posts

Profile of Bradley Morgan
I don't like the fact that there is a big prop to hold razor blades. looks funny to me.

best
Brad
"I do not know with what weapons World War 3 will be fought, but World War 4 will be fought with sticks and stones." - Einstein
Brent McLeod
View Profile
Inner circle
1792 Posts

Profile of Brent McLeod
Thanks for all the replys guys!

Much appreciated!

I saw Tim Ellis Lecture recently & was most impressed as well-unfortunatley I regret not buying his lecture notes

I like the sound of the effect but also agree with Bradley-Is the prop to hold the razors a bit obvious to a lay audience or not!

I will definetly consider buying this version!

-Brent
WayneNZ
View Profile
Inner circle
New Zealand
1013 Posts

Profile of WayneNZ
Hi Brent,

Order his notes from his website.

http://www.magicunlimited.com

Cheers
Wayne
Bill Palmer
View Profile
Eternal Order
Only Jonathan Townsend has more than
24314 Posts

Profile of Bill Palmer
Here's a thought. If people are going to be eating at the places you perform, you might not want to perform this. Put yourself in their place. You just ate. Now some joker comes out and starts swallowing razor blades. Then he swallows a piece of string. Then he pulls the whole mess back out.
"The Swatter"

Founder of CODBAMMC

My Chickasaw name is "Throws Money at Cups."

www.cupsandballsmuseum.com
charliemagic
View Profile
Special user
545 Posts

Profile of charliemagic
Brad,you said'I don't like the fact that there is a big prop to hold razor blades looks funny to me'.
No offense but to me that sounds like a magician talking not a layperson.
I have this 'prop' & have used it many times & no one has made any comments to me.IMO,it displays the blades fairly & looks very good. It seems to the spectators that it makes picking them up one at a time easier & hides nothing.
Just my comments,take it for what it's worth.
Have a great day,
Charlie
MentaThought
View Profile
Special user
615 Posts

Profile of MentaThought
On 2004-08-18 21:41, ABM wrote:
Greetings Members-

Appreciate any feedback on the following effect or similar versions thanks
Thinking of adding to my cabaret/Nightclub act to music
http://www.daytonamagic.com/General%20Magic/G48.htm
-Brent"

Oh my gawd! I just went to the above web page in order to check out this effect and, when I accidentally scrolled down the page a bit past the effect referred to, could swear I mementarily saw a photo of Miss Cleo's long-lost half-sister! Gee, I KNEW I spent too much time out in the sun today!
"A good mentalist ... will teach you a miracle because he understands the subtleties ..." -- Banachek

"If this works it'll be BEAUTIFUL!" - The Amazing Kreskin on a stunning effect he performed on his 1970s television series (PS: it worked)
Bradley Morgan
View Profile
Special user
702 Posts

For me simple is better. Less props is better. First why would you need a big prop to hold razor blades? It just does not make any sense to me. Just because no one has ever mentioned anything to you about it does not mean they don't think it. If you can pull it of, good for you. Just don't seem normal to hold small thin razor blades on such a big prop.

Best,
Bradley
"I do not know with what weapons World War 3 will be fought, but World War 4 will be fought with sticks and stones." - Einstein
MagicCarisio
View Profile
Inner circle
1061 Posts

Profile of MagicCarisio
I would think that you do need the prop to display your blades, to show that they are separate and not threaded.
Gerard
Bradley Morgan
View Profile
Special user
702 Posts

So if you do the needle swallowing you have to have a prop to show that the needles are not threaded. Last comment, its just not my cup of tea.

Best Wises Always,
Bradley Morgan
Tim Ellis
View Profile
V.I.P.
Melbourne, Australia
1234 Posts

Profile of Tim Ellis
If you are interested - ULTIMATE BLADES will be featured on the upcoming ELLIS IN WONDERLAND DVD.

Performed in front of a live audience (different music, couldn't afford the rights to 'Lemon Tree' *g*) and then fully explained.

If you haven't seen it, there are no switches of blades. In other words, each blade slices the paper and then goes straight into your mouth.

TIM
p.b.jones
View Profile
Inner circle
Milford Haven. Pembrokeshire wales U.K.
2642 Posts

Profile of p.b.jones
HI,
I performed the razor baldes in cabaret for about 12 years I used the version sold by Kovari magic in the uk
the blades I always displayed stuck in an apple, as I removed each blade I would cut/slash the apple before placing it in my mouth.... the switch of blades for the threaded ones is undetectable and logical and your mouth is empty at the start and end
Phillip
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Tricks & Effects » » Razor Blade Illusion (0 Likes)
X
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.03 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL