The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » All tied up! » » Norm Bigelow on DVD (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

x-treem
View Profile
Inner circle
1133 Posts

Profile of x-treem
Hello all. Norm Bigelow, Roy Holcomb and the EARL want to give you a "not to be missed" chance to own Norm Bigelow on DVD.

Norm DOES NOT like having his works documented on video and only through Roy presistance was this project done at all.

For all intents and purposes this is a once in a life time chance to see Norm at his best.

Doors Of Death
Trail By Fire
The Strait Jacket Escape

PLUS: tutorials and explinations of historical items such as:

Reno Cross
Reno Stocks
Sing Sing Head Cage
Doc Weiss Cross
Hicko Cage
Riot Tie Escape
Commie Torture Tie
Making Picks and more

ALSO: Get an inside look at Reno Posters, "The Bloody Shirt" and rare look at the ORIGINAL and Second versions of the Doors of Death.

As bonus footage you also get to join the 17th meeting of Escape Masters Halloween 1989.

Look at posters, promo material and photos of the ledgendary escape artists who founded EM. See the EM vault and get NUMEROUS extra tutorials by Norm.

This is VERY limited (and I'm NOT kidding with the word VERY!) 1/4 have already sold in pre-orders.

To find out more and get a copy please visit http://www.ealib.org/bigdvd.htm

X
A direct from text adaptation : The Strange Case Of Dr. Jekyll & Mr. Hyde Starring Mickey Rooney in his final role.
pastorclyde
View Profile
Special user
576 Posts

Profile of pastorclyde
I've ordered mine- can't wait to see it!
Harry Murphy
View Profile
Inner circle
Maryland
5329 Posts

Profile of Harry Murphy
I received and watched the DVD and thoroughly enjoyed it. I especially enjoyed Norm working.

Shawn gave a listing of what is on the disk so I won’t repeat it here.

Mr. Bigelow does tip a good, menacing AND impossible looking escape he called the Chinese Commie Torture Tie (OK, not politically correct today but that doesn’t take away from the prop and escape). I believe this segment was the actual video instructions that came with the prop when Norm was building them for sale.

Just looking at the prop and how it was used gave me a couple of ideas on how to modify it. Needless to say, I plan to build it and perform the routine using one of Mr. Bigelow’s performance suggestions. It is just too good and too easy not to use!

If value for a book or tape is that you get one trick from it then I have my value.

Of more value, to me personally, was the performance segments of Norm actually working. There are two different presentations of his dramatic “Door of Death”. The two performances are probably 10 years apart in actual performance.

Watching Norm in his living room at a long and rambling Escape Masters club meeting (Halloween) giving a tip to improve the presentation of performing the Straight Jacket ( a great presentation tip at that for all SJ users) and then doing a triple tie rope escape was priceless for me. This was a man in his shirtsleeves and shoeless relaxing in his home (had to love the train going by during his talk) just talking to you.

What you get is fairly unvarnished. This is NOT a studio quality video. Rather it is a collection of some existing footage of Norman Bigelow at work actually performing or explaining and demonstration some of his escapes and some of his collection. In fact, there is no studio evident on this DVD. You get Norm in his living room, his kitchen, his basement, and what appears to be his garage or a storage room. It is a very informal DVD to be sure.

You won’t get a ton of instruction on escapes, but there are several demonstrated and taught. Plus, you will get a little instruction on making picks from a jumbo bobby pin (hair pin).

I think that this DVD has historical value for the bludgeoning Escape Community.
The artist formally known as Mumblepeas!
x-treem
View Profile
Inner circle
1133 Posts

Profile of x-treem
A BIG thank you to all that have ordered the Bigelow DVD. As I stated they are VERY limited and our supply is nearly gone.

For anyone that misses out, we are in the pre-pre-planning phase of releasing a Bigelow photo CD, with years and years of accumulated photos from Norm's shows and collection. This may or may not happen as it is still very earily in the works.

All the Best,

Shawn
A direct from text adaptation : The Strange Case Of Dr. Jekyll & Mr. Hyde Starring Mickey Rooney in his final role.
pastorclyde
View Profile
Special user
576 Posts

Profile of pastorclyde
Recieved my DVD and have enjoyed it very much. It is informative, entertaining and interesting. I highly recommend it.
AJP807
View Profile
Special user
New York City
559 Posts

Profile of AJP807
I got mine this week also and agree with Pastor Clyde and Mr. Murphy 100%. Besides the great instruction and footage of Norm performing, watching the DVD gives you the nice feel of being invited over to Norm's home for the day and getting to tour his work shop and hear him tell stories and see some of his collection of props and posters and stuff as well as attending a meeting of Escape Masters. This is a must have for any escape artist, enthusiast or collector, or just about anyone who wants to own a piece of escape history. I highly recommend it as well. Thanks to Norm, Shawn, Roy Holcomb and anyone else who helped to make this DVD a reality for the escape community.
Best regards, Tony Parisi
Roslyn
View Profile
Inner circle
UK
3404 Posts

Profile of Roslyn
What can I say apart from AWSOME!!!

Seeing Norm work you really begin to understand why he is one of the leading EA's in the world.

I have been inspired in many ways and have began looking at my own escapes in a new light.

Many thanks to Norm for realeasing it and an even bigger thankyou to Shawn for making sure that my copy made it to me.

Roslyn
The Magic Cafe account of The Conwy Jester, Erwyd le Fol formerly known as Roslyn Walker.
My home online
Join me on Facebook
Follow me on twitter
The Donster
View Profile
Inner circle
4817 Posts

Profile of The Donster
I want a Copy now all I have to do is get ahold of Shaun.
x-treem
View Profile
Inner circle
1133 Posts

Profile of x-treem
Hi Don,

Sadly all copies have been sold out for a while. They were very limited, sorry.

Shawn
The Donster
View Profile
Inner circle
4817 Posts

Profile of The Donster
Figures just my luck
x-treem
View Profile
Inner circle
1133 Posts

Profile of x-treem
Hi all, well a lost DVD turned up so if anyone is interested in it please contact me, I have ONLY one.

Shawn
The Donster
View Profile
Inner circle
4817 Posts

Profile of The Donster
How Much ?
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » All tied up! » » Norm Bigelow on DVD (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2020 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.17 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL