The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The workers » » false displays (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Eddy
View Profile
Special user
Manchester
582 Posts

Profile of Eddy
I've just got Apocalypse 3 and it is truley awesome. Anyone who says fifferent needs their head examining. Anyhow, I have noticed that one of the largest parts involved in the tricks is false counts, dispays etc.- Olram, flushtration,ascanio,etc. Is their any books out there which are devoted entirely to such things? Smile
La magie, c'est ma vie
mikkpe
View Profile
New user
Denmark
51 Posts

Profile of mikkpe
I think the book you're looking for might be Counts, Cuts, Moves and Subtlety by Jerry Mentzer...

Contents:

Undercuts & Reversals: Double Undercut, Brave Reversal, Concealed Reversal

Counts, Moves, and Subtlety: The biddle Move, Hamman count, Vesser Count, Another count, Flushtration Move, Haback Count, Olram Subtlety, Downs Change, True or False

Elmsley, Jordan, etc: The Elmsley count, added comment, The Jordan count, The Siva count, Open count, Smile Count, Paris Count, Spirit Count

Spreads: Simple spread, the back spread, buckle count, ascanio spread

I haven't got the book myself but I've seen several sites selling it for 10 $ or less.

hope this helps.
Paul
View Profile
Inner circle
A good lecturer at your service!
4394 Posts

Profile of Paul
The Mentzer book is one book (I can supply it in the UK) but there is also a similar book out now called, (I think) "Techno Magic".

Jon Racherbaumer wrote a great booklet just on the Ascanio Spread which included tricks with it. I can also supply that but in the USA you can probably get it from Lee Jacobs or H & R Books.

Paul
Uli Weigel
View Profile
Inner circle
Berlin, Germany
1477 Posts

Profile of Uli Weigel
Roberto Giobbi's Card College books cover many of these false display techniques (and of course countless other utility techniques you might want to know and learn).

-Uli
Stefan Rupar
View Profile
Regular user
121 Posts

Profile of Stefan Rupar
Racherbaumer's Ascanio Spread Booklet is great. . .I got it from H&R. . .There are a few great tricks in there using an AS to display three cards when you have four.

Problem: the font size and nomenclature style is primitive and sucks. Get out our microscope and prepare to make notes after every paragraph. I mean every sentence.

That is, if you want to learn the tricks you like.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The workers » » false displays (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2020 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.11 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL