We Remember The Magic Café We Remember
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Tricks & Effects » » They're Coming....Sleight of Dave on DVD & More (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page 1~2 [Next]
Michael Dustman
View Profile
Inner circle
Columbus, Ohio
1156 Posts

Profile of Michael Dustman
I had the opportunity to grab lunch with David Willaimson last Thursday. During the conversation Dave mentioned that he is in the process of finishing wrap on his DVD set project. He has put the long out of print and often sought after Sleight of Dave 1 & 2 on DVD. He has also finished up work on a 3rd DVD with some of his new material.

The 3rd DVD was shot at his family farm last month. (Those of you who saw his At The Card Farm video will recognize the surroundings). Also included is some bonus footage he had of some tv shows, conventions, etc.

Dave said he has been busy and doesn't get a chance to check in on the boards often, so for me to go ahead and pass the news on. Watch for the ads coming up in the magazines soon. He plans on selling them as a 3 DVD set.
cardfreakhk
View Profile
Special user
Hong Kong SAR
585 Posts

Profile of cardfreakhk
I have the Sleight of Dave video tapes.
I love the shots of the audience reaction! Haha!

Talked to David in FISM2003, he said that Card Farm DVD will only be sold during FISM after his lecture. However, many people couldn't buy it, didn't know he would release it on the market soon, this is a good news!

Or... that 3rd DVD is a totally NEW one? I mean not as same as the one he sold in FISM.
If this is true, I feel better, because I have the old ones. ^_^

Michael Lam
Don't just dream, stay awake and action!
Michael Dustman
View Profile
Inner circle
Columbus, Ohio
1156 Posts

The third one is all new. It was shot last month at the family farm house. Dave was his usual hilarious self in second guessing why he would shoot a video in a house with no air conditioning in the middle of a hot summer July day with the cameras and all the production lights adding to the heat.
littlethumbtip
View Profile
Regular user
San Antonio, Texas
144 Posts

Profile of littlethumbtip
Michael,

I, too, am a great fan of David and I am fortunate to have CARD FARM as part of my video library!

In that DVD, David performs a Joker to Pocket transposition effect which he calls at one point a "Memory Trick".

He further contributes his handling for his Color Changing Deck in the same DVD--CARD FARM.

As I simply love David's work, I very much want to add Williamson's Third DVD to my buy list!

The Memory Test
Funner Color Stunner (David's Color Changing Deck Routine)

I understand that you have stated that this Third DVD is "all new" in your second post for this topic.

However, the coincidence confuses.

Would you please take a few moments to clarify, for those of us who will be buying Williamson's Third DVD, whether the two tricks are the same as those in CARD FARM and have simply been edited into the DVD with the other five NEW tricks, or whether the two tricks have been totally reshot for this DVD, or whether the two tricks are related merely in name only (and thus validating your previous assertion that the DVD is "all new").

I, along with the reader/consumers, thank you for your insights.

Pal Gene
marko
View Profile
Inner circle
2110 Posts

Profile of marko
This is good news. I recently started looking around for the Sleight of Dave tapes, but I'll wait for this set now. I wish one of the discs would be performance only so I could lend it to my non-magic friends.
Thought: Why does man kill? He kills for food. And not only food: frequently there must be a beverage.
elgranmago
View Profile
Veteran user
373 Posts

Profile of elgranmago
This is great news for many people. I went to much effort to secure Sleight of Dave and Dave 2 on video because they´re very hard to get. Soon everyone can enjoy these gems on DVD. Excellent. It´s fantastic material.

Looking forward to the Farm DVD.
"It´s kind of fun to do the impossible". Walt Disney
Review King
View Profile
Eternal Order
14446 Posts

Profile of Review King
WOW-this is the biggest new in magic since Bill Malone released his L&L 4 disc set!!!
"Of all words of tongue and pen,
the saddest are, "It might have been"

..........John Greenleaf Whittier
Martino
View Profile
Special user
Manchester, UK
920 Posts

Profile of Martino
Can someone who owns the original videos please list the effects that are on them?

Thanks,

Martino.
"There's a difference between not knowing how something is done and knowing it can't be done!" - Simon Aronson
Magicman862
View Profile
Veteran user
Cincy, OH
385 Posts

Profile of Magicman862
Whats david williamsons website if he has one?
thanks
Paul
Michael Dustman
View Profile
Inner circle
Columbus, Ohio
1156 Posts

elgranmago
View Profile
Veteran user
373 Posts

Profile of elgranmago
Quote:
On 2004-08-24 16:03, Martino wrote:
Can someone who owns the original videos please list the effects that are on them?

Thanks,

Martino.

Sleight of Dave

§ Spectator Cuts to Four Kings
§ Torn and Restored Transposition
§ Kooky Koins
§ Containers & Spheres (The Gold Cups)
§ The 3 Card Trick
§ Rocky Raccoon

Dave 2

§ The Ribauld Rag (Whirly Bird Silk Vanish)
§ Must Be Somethin´ I Ate (Coins)
§ Damn Grapes (Spoon Bend)
§ Gone Sour Over the Weekend
§ Ring & Rope
§ Pierced Quarter
§ Matrix
§ 51 Cards to Pocket
§ Saline Solution
"It´s kind of fun to do the impossible". Walt Disney
David Williamson
View Profile
V.I.P.
190 Posts

Profile of David Williamson
Hi Gang,

I'm glad to see there is some interest in my DVD's! Please visit http://www.williamsonmagic.com/magicfarm for more details, including contents lists of all 3 DVDs.

To answer one question-The Memory Test, Funner Color Stunner and The Cocktail Dazzler from "Card Farm" have been re-shot and re-explained along with live performances of these and other new effects.
Review King
View Profile
Eternal Order
14446 Posts

Profile of Review King
The Greatest contributor to magic since Vernon is IN THE HOUSE!!!!!

I just made my order. How could anyone pass this up?

Thanks, Dave!!!!!

Chris

elie brown
View Profile
New user
87 Posts

Profile of elie brown
Mister williamson this one of the best surprise of the year.
I wish I could see again all of "the magic comedy trip"
But it sounds that those dvd's should be great.
What a good day!! thank you.
Review King
View Profile
Eternal Order
14446 Posts

Profile of Review King
This was the shot in the arm the magic community needed. Now the newbies can see what it's like to be a brilliant creator AND entertainer!!!

Peo Olsson
View Profile
Inner circle
Stockholm, Sweden
3261 Posts

Profile of Peo Olsson
This indeed good news. I been trying to get hold of Sleight of Dave vol 1 & 2 for a long, long time.
And now I can finaly have them on DVD, and also add the Magic Farm DVD to the collection.
Made my order today.
Higly magic caliber stuff!
Pictured to the left my hero and me during FISM 2006 in Stockholm.
Magicman862
View Profile
Veteran user
Cincy, OH
385 Posts

Profile of Magicman862
When is this shipping?
thanks
paul
David Williamson
View Profile
V.I.P.
190 Posts

Profile of David Williamson
Paul,

We're in post-production now and we estimate 6-8 weeks to ship.

Thanks for asking.

Dave
qkeli
View Profile
Special user
paris,france
656 Posts

Profile of qkeli
Cant get access to the website ???
any tips please would be nice !
Turk
View Profile
Inner circle
Portland, OR
3545 Posts

Profile of Turk
Quote:
On 2004-08-25 10:29, Peo Olsson wrote:
This indeed good news. I been trying to get hold of Sleight of Dave vol 1 & 2 for a long, long time.
And now I can finaly have them on DVD, and also add the Magic Farm DVD to the collection.
Made my order today.
Higly magic caliber stuff!

Peo,

I agree and I can't wait for the release of this material on DVD.

If I had to pick one magician to watch over and over again, it would be David Williamson. He just absolutely knocks me out with his original presentational ideas, his HUGE comedic delivery and timing and his simplified but devastatingly effective sleights and misdirection.

I never tire of watching his videos and I seem to learn something new (some little nuance) each time I watch.

Mike
Magic is a vanishing Art.

This must not be Kansas anymore, Toto.

Eschew obfuscation.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Tricks & Effects » » They're Coming....Sleight of Dave on DVD & More (0 Likes)
 Go to page 1~2 [Next]
X
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2020 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.19 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL