The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The August 2004 entrée: Jon Allen » » Far Side Competition result » » TOPIC IS LOCKED (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Jon Allen
View Profile
V.I.P.
England
1771 Posts

Profile of Jon Allen
My apologies for being Greenwich Meantime. It's early on Monday morning and I feel as though I should announce a winner. I'm glad you guys liked The Far Side thread. It wasn't magic but it was one of the most popular. Does that say more about me than The Far Side....Hmmmm?

Anyway, after perusing over the entries and enjoying some very funny moments, here's the results. (Am I the only one getting excited?)

In 3rd place........Zedd with Toby vs. Godzilla.
It just sounds funny without even seeing the picture!

In 2nd place......... Taklliesin with the one with the two spiders. One is wearing a scary mask (made out of, it would seem, a paper bag!) and is saying to the other "Did I scare you Bert?". Bert, standing next to him, has a stream of web coming from his backside...

I remember the picture as well. The image of a spider wearing a scary paper bag mask is hilarious.

BUT THE WINNER
Am I building this up too much???
IS
RxGregory!!!!!!

An alien spacecraft with one alien having fallen down the steps, the alien at the top is saying "Wonderful, just wonderful. So much for instilling them with a sense of awe."

An alien superbeing falling down the stairs and the other alien berating him (or it) is, for me anyway, such a funny image. I just imagine them flying trillions of miles, ready to take over the world, and the *** thing falls down the stairs. Hysterical!!!

(Also, it reminds me of what I sometimes do. I explain how they are about to witness one of the greatest magicians in the country and then I "accidentally" drop the cards as I take them out the card case.)

Thanks to everyone for posting there favourites. It reminded me of how much I really love Gary Larson's work. I think I'll have to find the books again.
Creator of iconic magic that you will want to perform.
The Silent Treatment, The Pain Game, Paragon 3D, Double Back, Destination Box and more.
Available at www.onlinemagicshop.co.uk
RxGregory
View Profile
New user
St. Charles, MO
65 Posts

Profile of RxGregory
Wow...Thank you very much. I'm extremely honored. Thanks for the wonderful topics this week, especially the Far Side ones. I've never reminisced and laughed so much in one week.

Greg
If it was easy, everybody would do it, and if everybody did it, it wouldn't be magic.
David Roth (Ultimate Coin Magic Vol. 11)
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The August 2004 entrée: Jon Allen » » Far Side Competition result » » TOPIC IS LOCKED (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.01 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL