The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The workers » » What is your preferred way of reversing a card? (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

limhanchung
View Profile
Veteran user
Malaysia
342 Posts

Profile of limhanchung
I use the Charlier cut. It's quite clean.
Stefan Rupar
View Profile
Regular user
121 Posts

Profile of Stefan Rupar
Steranko Action Reverse from Steranko On Cards; but you have to be doing tabled riffle shuffles. . .
Marcus Selle
View Profile
New user
Berlin, Germany
57 Posts

Profile of Marcus Selle
Mechanical Reverse (Krenzel)
Larreverse (Jennings)
Halfpass
And if it fits the effect, the Brauereverse.

Marcus
limhanchung
View Profile
Veteran user
Malaysia
342 Posts

Profile of limhanchung
are there any one handed reversals?
from which book i can learn them?
Lance Pierce
View Profile
Special user
878 Posts

Profile of Lance Pierce
Doesn't it depend on what effect you're doing? Whether it's a packet or full deck effect? Whether you're standing or sitting? Who you're working for and where they are in relation to you? Whether there are people behind you or not? Whether they can see under the deck or not? How good a shape the cards are in? Etc.? Etc.? Etc.?
Paul
View Profile
Inner circle
A good lecturer at your service!
4394 Posts

Profile of Paul
I use several, as TCR says it depends on the trick and situation. There are a number of neat ones.

Regarding one handed reversals, sure,usually against the leg!

Paul.
Kard16
View Profile
Regular user
Windy City
144 Posts

Profile of Kard16
I would say the half pass even though I hate moves that arn't angle friendly.
brownitus
View Profile
Loyal user
237 Posts

Profile of brownitus
Either the top card cover reversal or simply reversing to the bottom as the card is returned into the middle.

peace.
"Everything that can be invented has been invented." - Charles H. Duell, US Commissioner of Patents, 1899
RandyWakeman
View Profile
V.I.P.
Plainfield, ILLINOIS
1617 Posts

Profile of RandyWakeman
Is a card selected here, or are we just reversing for its own sake?

The old overhand shuffle reverse still is very effective, and Marlo's "Center Reverse" is the pick if a selection needs to be reversed in the center with no cutting or shuffling.

I must be missing something- what does a Charlier Pass have to do with a reverse of a card?
dchung
View Profile
Special user
Montreal
616 Posts

Profile of dchung
I agree with Randy here. What's a reversed card without the effect it goes along with?
One trick I really like doing is Bill Kalush's "the Fidgeting card." And like him, I use Marlo's Center Reverse.

Seeing as I don't regularly perform any other effects with reversed cards, that's all I need.

Cheers,
dchung
Euan
View Profile
Inner circle
1041 Posts

Profile of Euan
Quote:
I must be missing something- what does a Charlier Pass have to do with a reverse of a card?

If you let the packets glide against each other as they pass, one card will get carried along for the ride and will be reversed in the center at the completion of the cut.

Not a method I would use myself but I think that is what was meant. Smile

I like Jerry Sadowitz shuffle reverse, it's very clean.
PMVIVA
View Profile
Elite user
Argentina
460 Posts

Profile of PMVIVA
Well it depends on the effect you need for, I always use the Vernon's secret reverse, It is done when you riffle shuffle the cards in the table, is pretty effective, I also perform the Braue's Reversal, and answering to the questions of the one-handed reverse techniques there are a few sleights to do this.

MAGO68
If you have an apple and I have an apple, when we exchange them we both have an apple. If I have an idea and you haven an idea, when we exchange them we both have two ideas.

Supporting the open source community.
Eddy
View Profile
Special user
Manchester
582 Posts

Profile of Eddy
the Ovette reversal.
La magie, c'est ma vie
PatUmphrey
View Profile
New user
90 Posts

Profile of PatUmphrey
I definitely agree with TCR on this one. spot on.

To name one method I am fond of--

I should first say that I don't like most reversal methods that use a DL. However, I find that DL, followed immediately by a gentle cover pass (with a soft dribble, this is done casually), followed by turning the single over again.

Other method, a bit angly, is to partially side jog the card and do a turnover pass, letting the bottom block kick the card over in the process. I discovered this one day while dinkin' around, but I heard it's old news.

:(

-Pat
“And you’ve got a perfectly logical reason for showing the cards like this” -Harry Lorayne

“Paging Mr. Herman” –Rafael Benetar
Chris A.
View Profile
Inner circle
AKA Chris A.
1123 Posts

Profile of Chris A.
There's card reversal in "ultra cervon" called "Straddle reverse" (I think) that works really well for me...
AKA Chris A.
Keepin' the Funk Alive
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The workers » » What is your preferred way of reversing a card? (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2020 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.13 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL