The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Grand illusion » » DC Tornado Girls Vanish music? (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Ian Rowland
View Profile
Special user
London
876 Posts

Profile of Ian Rowland
DC's 'Tornado Of Fire'. Sequence where two girls vanish and then re-materialise elsewhere. Does anyone know what the music is?
www.ianrowland.com . Working Magic.
pyromagician
View Profile
Veteran user
Tennessee
312 Posts

Profile of pyromagician
The illusion is called "The Voyeur" and he uses 2 songs mixed together:
one song is called "Twist in my Sobriety" by Tanita Tikaram, the other song is called "Sailin' On" by Moby

http://allisonsbackstage.com/davidc.htm
Here is a link where you listen to some of the songs he used. "Twist in my Sobriety" is on page 2, and "Sailin On" is on page 3

Hope this helps,

Gary
P.S. this is what part of the alphabet would look like if "Q" and "R" were eleminated
Nathan Pain
View Profile
Inner circle
iowa
2822 Posts

Profile of Nathan Pain
Being a huge music geek as well as a magic geek, I felt this post needs a slight correction...
Moby performs the song "Sailin' On," but it actually is a Bad Brains song...Moby's version can be found on the Bad Brains tribute album put out on Century Media Records.
Ian Rowland
View Profile
Special user
London
876 Posts

Profile of Ian Rowland
Thank you Pyro for the info and the link, and to you Nathanpain for the fine detail.

Nathan, as well as 'magic geek' and 'music geek' you may also count yourself as Mind-Reader Supreme. I was just about to revisit this post to say that according to my very best searching endeavours, I couldn't find any Moby track called "Sailin' On". And before I can even type my message - there you are with the answer! It can only be precogntion. Randi's million is yours for the taking...
www.ianrowland.com . Working Magic.
JDC
View Profile
New user
KY
9 Posts

Profile of JDC
Tanita Tikaram's song is no longer used (at all). The song used for a lengthy time before it went off the lineup was Sailin' On.
pyromagician
View Profile
Veteran user
Tennessee
312 Posts

Profile of pyromagician
it was used on the tour
if my memory serves me right
P.S. this is what part of the alphabet would look like if "Q" and "R" were eleminated
davekilpatrick
View Profile
Loyal user
Syracuse, NY
284 Posts

Profile of davekilpatrick
Not to get too off track, but I have to say that I am RARELY baffled by a David Copperfield illusion. I have been studying illusions since the 70s and am usually able to figure out what is going on. If it is not obvious to me, I play it back on my VCR a few times and the mystery is solved.

However, the vanish part of this illusion has me stumped (the reappearance is no mystery). It was excellent. Now I know what non magicians feel when they see a great illusion. I'm just baffled. And I played that thing back about 10 times. No clue. I love it!
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Grand illusion » » DC Tornado Girls Vanish music? (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2020 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.17 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL