The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Nothing up my sleeve... » » Sawa's splitting silver (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

kakronen
View Profile
Regular user
107 Posts

Profile of kakronen
I am looking for a version of Sawa's splitting silver that leaves you clean. I know on the Siamese coin tape you are kinda of left clean. Does anyone else have any ideas?

Thanks
RandyWakeman
View Profile
V.I.P.
Plainfield, ILLINOIS
1617 Posts

Profile of RandyWakeman
Mike Gallo has a clean version on his tape. In fact, Mike leaves you clean on most everything he does.
Chris S
View Profile
Veteran user
393 Posts

Profile of Chris S
Just a note on Gallo's video kakronen, you do need to be sitting to end clean with Mike's routine. His ditches, however, are extremely well motivated and genuine foolers.

You will find the routine on Mike Gallo's 'The Dynasty Continues' - produced by none other than Mr Wakeman!
May your moral compass guide you true - South West is where the honourable man fare. Pity those who lose their way...
RandyWakeman
View Profile
V.I.P.
Plainfield, ILLINOIS
1617 Posts

Profile of RandyWakeman
Mike does the same routine behind the bar as well. Same handling.
harris
View Profile
Inner circle
Harris Deutsch
8812 Posts

Profile of harris
Think about YOUR mannerism to come up with
ways to ditch that look natural.

What worked for ie Slydini does not always fit this nearly normal magicians ways.

This is a great routine.

Does anyone think going from dollar, to 2 halves, to 4 quarters and then pennies(probably not really 100) would be too much? The dumping of the pennies may cover the last ditch fairly well.

Harris
Harris Deutsch aka dr laugh
drlaugh4u@gmail.com
music, magic and marvelous toys
http://magician.org/member/drlaugh4u
Curtis Kam
View Profile
V.I.P.
same as you, plus 3 and enough to make
3498 Posts

Profile of Curtis Kam
There's a Sawa tape (Stevens?) in which he does a version of "Splitting Silver" with an ingenious patterline about wanting to use a soda machine, but only having a dollar. That, and the story he uses to introduce the dollar in the first place, are worth the cost fo the tape.

Of more interest to you, however, is the fact that in this routine, Sawa ditches the larger coins as he goes. I believe the last change is from one half (posing as two)to four quarters. You certainly should be able to sleeve, topit, pocket, cuff, neck, watchband, waistband, shirt, hook, magnetize, Bannon holdout, pochette or otherwise pitch or ditch the single remaining half.

Actually, imagine if you had a silver dollar with a clip welded to the back, big enough to hold two halves. The quarters are concealed separately. Turn the dollar into the halves by removing them from the clip. Turn the halves into quarters by returning the halves, and revealing the quarters. The other coins are now a solid lump, to be dealt with as above.

I hope that's clear enough. Obviously, you'll have to work out the practical problems.

Good luck, and write if it works.
Is THAT a PALMS OF STEEL 5 Banner I see? YARRRRGH! Please visit The Magic Bakery
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Nothing up my sleeve... » » Sawa's splitting silver (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.01 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL