The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The workers » » 3 card monte (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

TheAmbitiousCard
View Profile
Eternal Order
Northern California
13384 Posts

Profile of TheAmbitiousCard
Does anyone perform the 3 card monte (ungaffed) or has anyone purchased Daryl Does The Full Monte Video?

The title sounds scary Smile but I just picked it up and I really like it.

I was just wondering what kind of reactions you all are getting from it or where you like to perform it, or any other thoughts.

The hype was easier to learn than I thought it was going to be so I was able to do a short version last night for people and it really draws a crowd.

It seems as if there is a mistique surrounding that effect. When people see 3 bent cards on the close-up table, they want to see what's going on.
www.theambitiouscard.com Hand Crafted Magic
Trophy Husband, Father of the Year Candidate,
Chippendale's Dancer applicant, Unofficial World Record Holder.
Jim Morton
View Profile
Veteran user
361 Posts

Profile of Jim Morton
I perform both the street version of the monte, and some gaffed and ungaffed version of monte tricks. The Daryl video is pretty good for a magic video. It leaves something to be desired as an instructional tape for street monte. The best source for monte info is the School for Scoundrel's Notes on Three Card Monte.

Jim
ninja
View Profile
New user
22 Posts

Profile of ninja
The 3 Card Monte (the scam version) from Erdnase is great. Ungaffed cards, of course.
RandyWakeman
View Profile
V.I.P.
Plainfield, ILLINOIS
1617 Posts

Profile of RandyWakeman
Quote:
On 2002-08-12 17:09, Jim Morton wrote:
I perform both the street version of the The best source for monte info is the School for Scoundrel's Notes on Three Card Monte.

Jim

I'll second that! The most comprehensive work I've read on the subject- by far.
Browndini
View Profile
New user
38 Posts

Profile of Browndini
Well, I have hustled people with 3 card monte before; I havnt read anything about it but my friend's cousin just knew the throw and taught that to me. He can't do it but I improvised.
I really want to get that school of scoundrals book or Dayrl's thing but I think if you know the throw it's all good. I think it is pointless to learn stuff like the "mexican turnover bottom deal strike off second.." nonsense
eh.....
yeh Smile
***DAVID BLAINE RULZ***
TOBIAS
View Profile
Loyal user
Seattle Magic
221 Posts

Profile of TOBIAS
The School for Scoundrel's Notes on Three Card Monte is good. I have seen a three card one hand version and do it now, it is killer. I sat down with some guys from NY that throw it. I have this old booklet also from Lewis Ganson" The Three Card Monte As Entertainment" It is the best thing I have seen. It talks about TCM Ungaffed & Gaffed. Tell me if any one else knows of this booklet.

Smile
Be true to your art, and it will be true to you
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The workers » » 3 card monte (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2020 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.12 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL