The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Tricks & Effects » » Monte 3.0 by Gordon Bean's (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page 1~2~3 [Next]
Kjellstrom
View Profile
Inner circle
Sweden, Scandinavia, Europe
5203 Posts

Profile of Kjellstrom
Gordon Bean's Monte 3.0 sounds amazing, any comments?
I found it here:
http://www.hanklee.org/xcart/customer/hotlist.php
Review King
View Profile
Eternal Order
14446 Posts

Profile of Review King
It sounds incredible. This is the first I've heard of it.

Monte 3.0

Starting with a bang, Gordon Bean's Monte 3.0 builds to a killer climax. After a very clean transposition of a red ace and a black deuce -- happening right on a spectator's hand -- you'll be holding three cards face down.
Though the audience is convinced that these are a red ace and a pair of black twos, they will actually be three red aces, and you'll be able to deal these directly onto the spectator's hand.
No extra cards. No cards stuck together. All fully examinable. And when you put the cards back into your breast pocket you'll be reset to do it again.
The lavishly photo-illustrated instructions will guide you through every moment of the brief routine. It's like having Gordon right there, alongside you, teaching you in person.
• Brand-new gimmick
• No table needed
• Magic happens in the spectator's hand
• Cards are fully examinable
• No complicated sleight of hand
• Instant reset
• Comes complete with cards printed on Bicycle stock
"Of all words of tongue and pen,
the saddest are, "It might have been"

..........John Greenleaf Whittier
Greg Arce
View Profile
Inner circle
6732 Posts

Profile of Greg Arce
Gordon is the Magic Castle's librarian and one clever guy when it comes to "tricking" up cards.
Trust me, if it's from Gordon, it's going to get the job done.
Greg
One of my favorite quotes: "A critic is a legless man who teaches running."
D J Hawkins
View Profile
Veteran user
Reading, UK
351 Posts

Profile of D J Hawkins
I've been searching for ages for the "perfect" in the hands monte (or packet) effect for strolling magic. There are some interesting items out there but as far as I can see all suffer from the same problem....they are waaaaaaay too complicated for the average (slightly drunk) spectator to follow. I've roadtested a few effects such as Temptation, Bammo Monte Monster and several others. They are great if your audience is concentrating and able to follow where the cards are supposed to be, and can appreciate the transpositions etc that occur. But most of the time the reaction is "oh, I've lost track of what's happening - it's too complicated". In real world conditions everything has got to be crystal clear and ultra easy to follow.

I'll be interested to hear of anyone using this new effect in real world conditions. For the time being I'll still with the best routine I've found so far - the Bob Sheets version of Pat Pages 3 card monte. It's easy to follow, very visual and is ideal for strolling.
David Hawkins

djhawkins2014@gmail.com
Review King
View Profile
Eternal Order
14446 Posts

Profile of Review King
Same here. I'm searching for the Holy Grail of Monte effcts that can be followed by a drinking crowd.

The Sheets/Page is good, but flawed. Monte 3.0 says it's in their hands and examinable and instant reset. I'm getting one.
"Of all words of tongue and pen,
the saddest are, "It might have been"

..........John Greenleaf Whittier
magichoka
View Profile
Regular user
141 Posts

Profile of magichoka
I have ordered mine from Hocus Pocus yesterday.
D J Hawkins
View Profile
Veteran user
Reading, UK
351 Posts

Profile of D J Hawkins
Quote:
On 2004-08-31 04:28, MagicChris wrote:
Same here. I'm searching for the Holy Grail of Monte effcts that can be followed by a drinking crowd.

The Sheets/Page is good, but flawed.

Flawed ???? Would love to hear your reasoning. I've used it for over 15 years with tremendous results.
David Hawkins

djhawkins2014@gmail.com
federico luduena
View Profile
Loyal user
Spain
249 Posts

Profile of federico luduena
Not only is Monte 3.0 a great effect, it is also the result of sifting through (literally) dozens of versions. Gordon Bean does explore his effects in depth in order to provide the best handling possible. To his friends' detriment, as we all joke, but still a virtue few creators have.

federico
cardfreakhk
View Profile
Special user
Hong Kong SAR
585 Posts

Profile of cardfreakhk
Temptation is too confusing...

So how is this one? Is there a DEMO we can see the effect being performed?
Don't just dream, stay awake and action!
Bob Farmer
View Profile
Elite user
Magic Forest
428 Posts

Profile of Bob Farmer
Any monte routine, no matter how simple or complex, can quickly confuse an audience, especially a drunken one, if it is performed too quickly.

Some performers seem so afraid of being caught that they rush the performance. This destroys the effect and the audience loses interest because they're confused (and the magician looks like a smartass).

A monte routine can only be effective if the magician can sense whether his audience is following along and if they aren't, adjust so they are.

Gordon's new monte is a big improvement on Temptation - the effects are much clearer because the audience doesn't have to infer so much.

Of course, I prefer the Bammo Monte Monster, which is not a complicated routine at all (at least from the audience's point of view)-- and I perform it very s-l-o-w-l-y.
giochi
View Profile
Special user
502 Posts

Profile of giochi
He usually puts demos on his website, which I thought was http://www.magiclab.com, but it isn't... If someone knows what his website is, try there.
YousifS
View Profile
Regular user
USA
194 Posts

Profile of YousifS
Hi,

Gordan Bean's website is : http://www.magiclaboratory.com

I don't think he has a demo for this one yet.

Regards,

Yousif
Pete Biro
View Profile
1933 - 2018
18558 Posts

Profile of Pete Biro
Gordon has showed several variant's on the Monte, and I being of feeble mind, am not sure which one this is, but most all are excellent.

Another, one, Ken Brooke's CHASE THE ACE, with Jumbo NOT GIANT CARDS AS HE SOLD, is also PERFECT for strolling tipsy folks to follow. Quick, easy to follow and fun ending in speckies mitts.
STAY TOONED... @ www.pete-biro.com
Ron Reid
View Profile
Inner circle
Phoenix, Arizona
2733 Posts

Profile of Ron Reid
Hello:

I noticed there is now an online demo at http://www.magiclaboratory.com

I'm currently working on T3 (Improved Temptation) and Bammo Monte Monster and like both. I will say that one thing I especially like about T3 and Monte 3.0 is that the cards are left in the spectator's hands at the end of the routine. However, Bammo Monte Monster has so many magical moments, it's hard to beat.

I'm real curious to see how they play. I think I'll get Monte 3.0 too.

Ron
Jason London
View Profile
Loyal user
Napa Valley
207 Posts

Profile of Jason London
Greetings,

Gordon showed me Monte 3.0 at MAGIC Live! Like all of Gordon's creations, It's a very well thought out piece of magic. The ending caught me completely off guard.

It's easy for the spectators to follow and not very difficult to learn. Plus, it's just a fun routine to perform.
Jason London

This space for rent
Pete Biro
View Profile
1933 - 2018
18558 Posts

Profile of Pete Biro
MONTE 3.0 is awesome... Gordon has struck gold with this one.
STAY TOONED... @ www.pete-biro.com
Greg Arce
View Profile
Inner circle
6732 Posts

Profile of Greg Arce
Gordon invents so much stuff that I completely forgot this was a routine he once showed me... I had forgotten he calls it Monte 3.0
Well, he showed it to me again tonight.
Awesome!!! Many magical moments. You don't need a table to perform and it happens in the spectator's hands... and you end clean.
Greg
One of my favorite quotes: "A critic is a legless man who teaches running."
jerdunn
View Profile
Inner circle
1735 Posts

Profile of jerdunn
If you hang out at the Castle library, where Gordon sits behind the desk, you'll always see the latest version of his newest invention.

Monte 3.0 is a great one. It's easy for even the alcoholically enhanced to follow. It plays on the public's curiosity about gambling scams. It grabs the spectator's attention (after all, you put a card in the spec's pocket). And it has a strong ending.

You could add a line to Gordon's very nice script at the end, when all the cards become winning aces: "See, I told you I was your friend. I made it so you couldn't lose!"

Great trick!
Cheers,
Jerry
Ron Reid
View Profile
Inner circle
Phoenix, Arizona
2733 Posts

Profile of Ron Reid
Hi Jerry:

I like your closing line very much; I just ordered Monte 3.0 today, and would like to use that line if it's okay with you. It really ties together Gordon's "friend" script.

Ron
jerdunn
View Profile
Inner circle
1735 Posts

Profile of jerdunn
Ron,

Of course, feel free to use the line, and thanks for asking. Same goes for anyone else out there.

Cheers,
Jerry
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Tricks & Effects » » Monte 3.0 by Gordon Bean's (0 Likes)
 Go to page 1~2~3 [Next]
X
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.03 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL