The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Tricks & Effects » » Monte 3.0 by Gordon Bean's (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3 [Next]
Jaybs
View Profile
Special user
559 Posts

Profile of Jaybs
The trick seems like a real stunner. I also just purchased one and I am really looking forward to adding it to my repetoire.
Review King
View Profile
Eternal Order
14446 Posts

Profile of Review King
I got mine and it's simple and brilliant. another "magic in their hands" classic.
"Of all words of tongue and pen,
the saddest are, "It might have been"

..........John Greenleaf Whittier
joeKing
View Profile
Special user
United States
979 Posts

Profile of joeKing
How is this different from Temptation?

It seems to be the same gimmick with different cards...
~joeKing
Ron Reid
View Profile
Inner circle
Phoenix, Arizona
2733 Posts

Profile of Ron Reid
Thanks, Jerry - much appreciated!

JoeKing:

You can go to http://www.magiclaboratory.com and see on-line demos of Temptation, T3, and Monte 3.0. The biggest difference is the ending: Monte 3.0 ends with all the cards changing into aces - and they're dealt into spectator's hand and can be examined.

Ron
Jaybs
View Profile
Special user
559 Posts

Profile of Jaybs
Hi Ron

Some quick questions reguarding Monte 3.0 before mine arrives:

-Are the instructions explained well?
-Is going into my shirt pocket necessary in the trick? Please edit this if it is considered exposure. I just find it quite fishy in the demo that he has to reach into his pocket, even though there is a reason for doing so. However, it just seems to scream out "card switch!" to the spectators.
-What is the learning curve for an intermediate-advanced magician for this effect?
Boat
View Profile
Loyal user
255 Posts

Profile of Boat
You can tell Gordon really researched this effect. It is truly great. I love the fact that you can put it in their hands. I will carry this one for impromptu use and use Steve Shrott's Three and half card monte for my formal shows.
sileeni uk
View Profile
New user
17 Posts

Profile of sileeni uk
The display in this monte is the fairest iv seen before,, it really looks great , the switch is average, but not difficult, I think the routine is well thought out and the gimmicks are very clean. well done mr bean,
magic is an art.admire others work, if you do not understand it, do NOT slag it off.
Pete Biro
View Profile
1933 - 2018
18558 Posts

Profile of Pete Biro
Instruction book is AWESOME, will be working on it tonight as soon as it cools off so my hands don't soak the cards! Whew it is hot here in Hollowoodland.
STAY TOONED... @ www.pete-biro.com
Ron Reid
View Profile
Inner circle
Phoenix, Arizona
2733 Posts

Profile of Ron Reid
Hi Jaybs:

I just received my set today, so I can answer your questions. The instructions are VERY well done - plus, you can go to Gordon's website a watch a couple demos of the effect.

Yes, going to the pocket is necessary. However, Gordon's pychology is very sound; I don't think a lay person would think anything of it.

The learning curve will be a quick one for the average magician. There really are no "moves", but there are a couple of timing situations which are very important. Still, you can master the handling rather quickly, and put your efforts into the presentation.

I hope this helps. This really is good!

Ron
Review King
View Profile
Eternal Order
14446 Posts

Profile of Review King
This effcet is wonderful. So well thought out. I wanted to try it tonight and I didn't feel comfortable. More work on my part. Gordon has a winner here!!!
"Of all words of tongue and pen,
the saddest are, "It might have been"

..........John Greenleaf Whittier
erictan8888
View Profile
Special user
Singapore
517 Posts

Profile of erictan8888
Gordon has ALWAYS given very clear instructions with a lot of pictures to guide the whole process....

I have bought a number of gordon bean effects, and the standard of the instrustions is always top notch....

will be getting this monte soon....
need to save up a bit.... pretty broke at this time... hee hee Smile

cheers
eric Smile
"Fill you life with magic by making magic a part of your life." by eric tan.
Jaybs
View Profile
Special user
559 Posts

Profile of Jaybs
Thank you for the response Ron. I just received the effect today and I am very satisfied with it. The handling will take some getting used to, but it's pretty easy once you get the hang of it. It is definitely one of the best Monte effects on the market, so anyone interested in a strong walk-around monte should take a look at it.
doowopper
View Profile
Elite user
491 Posts

Profile of doowopper
I used it six times and it was a winner each time. It is now my favorite monte effect. Being able to leave the cards in the spectator's hands at the end is one of its strongest features.
Richard
Markymark
View Profile
Inner circle
1583 Posts

Profile of Markymark
I like it a lot more then his 'Temptation'.I get the
feeling that temptation was an experiment and he has
got it right with Monte 3.0. I thought it obvious that
most lay people would be more easily confused with 3
black cards instead of one red one.
''In memory of a once fluid man,crammed and distorted by the classical mess'' -Bruce Lee
Greg Arce
View Profile
Inner circle
6464 Posts

Profile of Greg Arce
For those that don't know Gordon let me tell you a bit about his thinking: He works on his routines constantly... changing bits & pieces here and there. Even when you think you've seen the ultimate method for one of his routine, he will show you three more he has just worked on.
I joked with him that he could put out a DVD called Temptation Island just on all the variations he has for Temptation.
I wish others, especially those quick to judge, would work on their effects one-tenth as much as Gordon does.
Greg
One of my favorite quotes: "A critic is a legless man who teaches running."
tdowell
View Profile
Inner circle
1079 Posts

Profile of tdowell
I like this one too.
Markymark
View Profile
Inner circle
1583 Posts

Profile of Markymark
Point taken Greg,although I don't sell or market my few
ideas!
''In memory of a once fluid man,crammed and distorted by the classical mess'' -Bruce Lee
sleightofhand1
View Profile
Elite user
441 Posts

Profile of sleightofhand1
The "TEMPTATION" is to great, now I too will have to get all my "BEANS" out to purchase MONTE 3.0 !!
MSD921
View Profile
Special user
612 Posts

Profile of MSD921
I have Temptation and Monte 3.0. IMO Monte is a level better. Both are good though, and his instructions are great.
Peo Olsson
View Profile
Inner circle
Stockholm, Sweden
3261 Posts

Profile of Peo Olsson
Quote:
On 2004-09-04 02:33, Pete Biro wrote:
MONTE 3.0 is awesome... Gordon has struck gold with this one.

I agree with Pete, Monte 3.0 is one of my favourite effects right now.
Very well made and constructed.
What I like with it is that its examineable at the end, and reset instantly.
Great for strolling magic.
Pictured to the left my hero and me during FISM 2006 in Stockholm.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Tricks & Effects » » Monte 3.0 by Gordon Bean's (0 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3 [Next]
X
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2021 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.09 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL