The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Not very magical, still... » » HANZO SWORD (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Jordini
View Profile
Inner circle
2765 Posts

Profile of Jordini
Ok, I have become the HUGEST fan of KILL BILL ever since I laid eyes on those WONDERFUL movies, and I was wondering where the best place to obtain a real working (tempered, full tang) sword would be. (For fun, I'm not going to hack up people with it). I also know that Hattori Hanzo is not a real person (he's a charachter from an old kung fu series). In any case, if there are any GOOD replicas of the movie swords available, I would also like to know where those are, if anyone has any information. Thanx!
Payne
View Profile
Inner circle
Seattle
4571 Posts

Profile of Payne
You can find "real" Katana's and Shinken on the internet. One site is here http://www.jidai.jp/Shinken.html
Be prepared to wait several months for it to be constructed to your specifications and be willing to pay a lot of money for it. They start around ten thousand dollars and quickly work their way up from there.
"America's Foremost Satirical Magician" -- Jeff McBride.
x-treem
View Profile
Inner circle
1133 Posts

Profile of x-treem
A direct from text adaptation : The Strange Case Of Dr. Jekyll & Mr. Hyde Starring Mickey Rooney in his final role.
Partizan
View Profile
Inner circle
London UK
1682 Posts

Profile of Partizan
If I were serious, I would commision a sword from a Japanese swordsmith. This can be done within reasonable cost limits.
The sword you would get, would retain its value and increase over the years. I would look at spending (Ok, gonna convert to $$) $3000. On a hand made blade and hilt. I would also insist that it is signed and dated.
Refrain from any decoration other than the swordsmiths name and date. There is a good reason why!
I currently own 6 japanese folded steel knives of various styles. They are all my loved ones. The cheapest being $170.00 going onto my prize piece, now valued at $890.00.
I use my $170.00 blade when I'm hunting. It is a natural skinner and boner and does the job 100%. It is my fave as I use it so much. We have been through a lot together Smile

10K is a tourist price. For 10K I would expect a hardness of AUS-10+ on the blade and a hilt with gold thread and ornamentation. And it would have to be made by a NAME. an individual artist, not a company. It would also have to be balanced to my size and weight.
"You cannot depend on your eyes when your imagination is out of focus."
- Mark Twain
Reis O'Brien
View Profile
Inner circle
Seattle, WA
2467 Posts

Profile of Reis O'Brien
Nerds!
Homo vult decipi; decipiatur

http://www.myspace.com/liar_4_hire
Partizan
View Profile
Inner circle
London UK
1682 Posts

Profile of Partizan
I'm gunna make you juggle my 3 most loved knives FD.
You don't wanna drop 'em! Smile
"You cannot depend on your eyes when your imagination is out of focus."
- Mark Twain
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Not very magical, still... » » HANZO SWORD (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.01 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL