The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Dvd, Video tape, Audio tape & Compact discs. » » Don Alan dvd (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Masimax
View Profile
Regular user
Italy
104 Posts

Profile of Masimax
Anyone has the dvd DON ALAN n° 28 of the greater video collection ?

I'm thinking to buy a good dvd on close-up it but I don't know if it's a good choice.

Anyone can review the dvd or suggest a better choice?

Thanks
Massimo Pulidori
elie brown
View Profile
New user
87 Posts

Profile of elie brown
This Dvd is greaaaaaaat!
Don allan is a master.
You have a bunch of solid material for close up performance.
But be carefull, you have to buy some of the tricks that he performs (like the scoch and soda, the invisible deck, the ring flight...)
What is great in this dvd is how he performs those classics.
I hope it helps you.
Magicman862
View Profile
Veteran user
Cincy, OH
385 Posts

Profile of Magicman862
I have it as well and like it very much. Don Alan is one of my favorite performers he is very entertaining, but not only does he share the explanations to his tricks at the beginning he shares his ideas on how to become successful and shares stories about his career. That is very interesting
hope that helps
Paul
Masimax
View Profile
Regular user
Italy
104 Posts

Profile of Masimax
Thank you for your help.

Quote:
On 2004-08-31 07:52, elie brown wrote:
...But be carefull, you have to buy some of the tricks that he performs (like the scoch and soda, the invisible deck, the ring flight...)...

I know, I know.

Ciao
Massimo Pulidori
Michael Bilkis
View Profile
Special user
728 Posts

Profile of Michael Bilkis
Don Alan was the quintessential close up performer. I have the original video. Well worth the money to learn routining and polish from a master. I also highly recommend the Don Alan Book.
:wavey:
honus
View Profile
Veteran user
354 Posts

Profile of honus
A 20 word review:
Buy it Buy it Buy it Buy it Buy it Buy it Buy it Buy it Buy it Buy it.

It has all the routines from the "Pretty Sneaky Act" part of the Racherbaumer book (in fact, it is the video from which the stills in the book were taken). Don himself explains about 10 of the routines. And there's a short interview.

Never mind the tricks, though. Watch it for the attention to detail. The misdirection. The control of spectators. How to handle yourself when things go wrong (as they do at least twice during the video). And the emphasis on originality and personality.

Did I say "buy it" yet?

And have I mentioned that I grew up watching Don on Chicago TV? Smile

Buy it, OK?
gentleman
View Profile
New user
51 Posts

Profile of gentleman
WHERE can yoou buy this dvd at
Markymark
View Profile
Inner circle
1571 Posts

Profile of Markymark
It really is brilliant.I know Eugene Burger liked Don
a lot and you can see the influence there.The way Don's tricks had a beginning,a middle and then an ending.I also like the fact that Don used to twist balloons!.Something Eugene Burger would NEVER do but it
did fit in with Don's 'Circle of fun' Great interview
at the beginning as well.What a trailblazer that man was!.In a good way and in a bad way [the invisible deck
idea that toooo many people do!.A must have dvd.
''In memory of a once fluid man,crammed and distorted by the classical mess'' -Bruce Lee
Markymark
View Profile
Inner circle
1571 Posts

Profile of Markymark
Oh I got my copy from the Magic Warehouse.I'm sure
Stevens magic have it as it was made by them.Now I'm
off to watch it again!
''In memory of a once fluid man,crammed and distorted by the classical mess'' -Bruce Lee
magicinsight
View Profile
Inner circle
3851 Posts

Profile of magicinsight
I believe that the Don Alan's tape/dvd is one of the best instructional tapes on magic ever made. he was a true performer and a classic entertainer. His timing, performance, attitude, demeanor should be viewed by all magicians. He knew what was important to an audience-to be entertaining. His magic was/is direct and to the point. His comments about magic should be listened to as closely as wathcing his performances. this tape/dvd should be in everyones tape/dvd library. Highly receommended.
“Belief matters more than truth. Every moment, belief in imaginary things alters lives while truth sits unnoticed and waits.”
—Hakim, Loreweaver
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Dvd, Video tape, Audio tape & Compact discs. » » Don Alan dvd (0 Likes)
X
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2021 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.14 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL