The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Table hoppers & party strollers » » System to get all the tables (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2
Magic.J.Manuel
View Profile
Special user
I have danced upon
663 Posts

Profile of Magic.J.Manuel
Yes, take a number system may work, but if you had a list of the table numbers that are next, you could arrange a two or three table show, and you don't need to run around looking for the next number.
Nothing would get done at all, if man waited so long that no one could find fault with it.
mike gallo
View Profile
Inner circle
1341 Posts

Profile of mike gallo
Yes, take a number system may work

In theory, yes that might work...but if the numbers have you running from one station to the next (back and forth), you may actually wind up covering less tables...the best suggection I have seen here yet is to ask the manager to put on a second magician but just to help cover the "rush hour". Yuo can start at opposite ends...meet in the middle!

Mike
Daegs
View Profile
Inner circle
USA
4291 Posts

Profile of Daegs
Depending on how much of this is repeat buisness of people that come to see you, try getting the resturant to higher you for another night, and perhaps advertise it as a magic night where you can give each table more time and a more intimate or "better" performance.

This way if there are families or people that are coming strickly for the magic, they can come on an off-night, and see some more magic while lessoning the load on busy nights.

As long as they come in every X week/s, the resturant will still get the same buisness.

See if the resturant will go for this(and also print up some banners / posters that say that you will be there on a certain night for more magic), because usually resturants know that bringing in extra people on dead nights are a good thing, which is why kids nights and specials are on the off-times.

Or just higher another magician to work with you!

If you go that route, might I suggest finding a begining young magician(but someone that is proffessional) instead of your best magic buddy friend.

One big reason is that getting their first magic gigs are always the hardest, because most resturants always want references or other places you've worked. Second it gets them performing for a wide array of people that can help them polish their routines. Also Usually if they are good at magic, working is a lot easier as they are more energetic and love it more.

Another reason is that you can usually charge them less and keep the difference. I'm not saying to lie to them or anything dishonest, but this is a good point to make, as the resturant would probably be willing to pay them the same thing as whatever they are paying you.

Good luck!
castle
View Profile
New user
17 Posts

Profile of castle
Oh my .. I wouldn't dream of hitting ALL the tables. I concentrate on the tables that may have a newer wait person or to cover some other "flaw" the restaurant may be having .. problem in the kitchen, etc. I believe it is your job not only to entertain, but more importantly, to assist the restaurant in giving the customer the best bang for their buck. Most often, the patrons are regulars so you build a relationship with these people and they do bring in more customers. Make sure you remind the manager of that. It only helps.
Dario
View Profile
Veteran user
332 Posts

Profile of Dario
A good think is do stage effects for 4 or 5 tables at once. Rope tricks, fliying cards from one table to another one...

Or talk to the manager that the good think is cover in deatail the ones tahat are waitnig for food.

Or mix both things

Darío
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Table hoppers & party strollers » » System to get all the tables (0 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.01 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL