The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Tricks & Effects » » Forbes Portfolio (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page 1~2 [Next]
Chris Gold
View Profile
New user
83 Posts

Profile of Chris Gold
Hello,

Anyone own the Forbes Portfolio? Just saw this on the Hocus Pocus website. Looks very, very good! I'm a card to wallet freak, so this looks like another big purchase I'll be making.

Regards,
Chris Gold
TS Entertainment INC
Hollywood, CA
Paul Gross
View Profile
Special user
574 Posts

Profile of Paul Gross
Hello,

We just received our shipment of the Forbes Wallets today at Hocus Pocus. I had a chance to really check this out last week at MAGIC Live, as Bob was right next to our booth. I guarantee that you will not be disappointed with this purchase. As with all of Bob's products, this is of the highest quality.

Best Regards
Paul Gross
Owner
Hocus Pocus
Best Regards,

Paul Gross

Owner

http://www.hocus-pocus.com
Mike Giusti
View Profile
Veteran user
371 Posts

Profile of Mike Giusti
Great wallet, terrific quality, and the reset is a snap! I like that a lot!
Regan
View Profile
Inner circle
U.S.A.
5726 Posts

Profile of Regan
What are the measurements of this wallet?

Regan
Mister Mystery
Mike Giusti
View Profile
Veteran user
371 Posts

Profile of Mike Giusti
It measures approximately 7 3/4" X 4 1/2"
gilbreath76
View Profile
Loyal user
279 Posts

Profile of gilbreath76
Quote:
On 2004-08-31 14:25, Paul Gross wrote:
Hello,

We just received our shipment of the Forbes Wallets today at Hocus Pocus. I had a chance to really check this out last week at MAGIC Live, as Bob was right next to our booth. I guarantee that you will not be disappointed with this purchase. As with all of Bob's products, this is of the highest quality.

Best Regards
Paul Gross
Owner
Hocus Pocus

So you're the serious one. Haha, all this time I thought you Paul Gross was the guy making all the faces. Now I know it's Mike Giusti. Smile
Larry Davidson
View Profile
Inner circle
Boynton Beach, FL
5270 Posts

Profile of Larry Davidson
Um, Gilbreath, Mike's not making a face.
Regan
View Profile
Inner circle
U.S.A.
5726 Posts

Profile of Regan
Thanks Mike.

I'm still sorting through all the facts.

Regan
Mister Mystery
shawn popp
View Profile
Veteran user
Denver
313 Posts

Profile of shawn popp
I was fortunate enough to talk to Michael forbes at length regarding his new wallet, and let me be the first to say it is really outstanding. He has thought out every single aspect of this wallet from the material to the dimensions. This wallet is basically the classic lepaul style but has been rebuilt from the bottom up and the inside out. Michael has been performing this effect for many years and this wallet is made to his standards. While I don't know if I would pay the hefty price, I do think that it is THE wallet to have if you want to do the trick. BTW, YES it does involve palming. Yes it is a worker.

Regards
shawn griffin
Regan
View Profile
Inner circle
U.S.A.
5726 Posts

Profile of Regan
Decisions, decisions...

I can't decide which wallet to buy!

I had it narrowed down to 3 and then I got a PM telling me about The Garnier Wallet.

If only I could afford to buy 4.

Regan
Mister Mystery
coinlover
View Profile
Regular user
107 Posts

Profile of coinlover
Any teaching video comes with the wallet ?
Bob Kohler
View Profile
Special user
704 Posts

Profile of Bob Kohler
Greetings!
The Forbes Portfolio was released at Magic Live! last week and added to my web site Monday night. All stock has been sold.

Michael is getting a second batch made but we are waiting for the proper sized lizard skins to come in. Hopefully the wait will be short.

Instructions for The Forbes Portfolio will only be on-line at the Inner Circle Pro Line Forums. It is a BK Pro Line product and will have it's own forum for registered owners. The instructions will contain detailed explanations and use large full color photos to make the work crystal clear.

Included will be Michael's fabulous solution to handing the spectator a sealed envelope that will stand examination.

You can check out the full details at http://www.bobkohlermagic.com or any of the BK Pro Line dealers worldwide.
www.bobkohlermagic.com

Home of the BK Pro Line
toberman
View Profile
Loyal user
223 Posts

Profile of toberman
Hi Bob,

How come there is no DVD? (even a performance only DVD would be helpful)

Terry
Bob Kohler
View Profile
Special user
704 Posts

Profile of Bob Kohler
The Forbes Portfolio is a tool, not a routine. There are so many routines out already for using the wallet, it didn't warrant the expense of producing a DVD for the explanations. This product is being produced for high end pros who most likely already have a routine.

What is necessary to learn will be well covered on the forum. We've started building it, the detailed writing and pictures will make Mike's work easy to understand.
www.bobkohlermagic.com

Home of the BK Pro Line
MJ Marrs
View Profile
Inner circle
Los Angeles
1123 Posts

Profile of MJ Marrs
I just received the Forbes Portfolio and I'd like to report that I am very pleased with this top of the line product. The look of the Forbes Portfolio (based on the pictures from the website), the description of the function and manufacturing of the FP, and the fact that I've been a very satisfied customer of several other Bob Kohler Productions products led me to make the purchase of this wonderful wallet without actually seeing one firsthand.

I especially like the appearance and the feel of the wallet. The exotic look of the lizard exterior was a nice touch which should spark an extra bit of interest by spectators. I've already been able to get envelopes quickly, and with no fumbling whatsoever, into the wallet. One thing that used to bug me years ago with another LePaul style wallet, was the fact that whenever I'd be zipping it up, I'd have to carefully negotiate the turn due to the fact that the very tip of the envelope was protruding a bit. Of course this didn't take a lot of time, but it certainly hindered an autopilot reset of the wallet since I had to redirect my focus down and in instead of up and out towards my spectators.
Joe Mauro
View Profile
Inner circle
1133 Posts

Profile of Joe Mauro
Pat Page says the addition of the card appearing in an envelope adds nothing to the effect. I guess the miracle is the card appearing in the wallet and that adding an envelope clouds the effect.
~Joe
runawayjag
View Profile
Inner circle
1085 Posts

Profile of runawayjag
Pat Page is wrong.
Larry Davidson
View Profile
Inner circle
Boynton Beach, FL
5270 Posts

Profile of Larry Davidson
In my opinion as well, Pat Page is wrong. The envelope significantly adds to the impossibility and in no way clouds the effect.
Paul h.
View Profile
Special user
MINDoverMETHOD
528 Posts

Profile of Paul h.
What exactly is being clouded by adding an envelope to the effect...just wondering.

Paul h.
Joe Mauro
View Profile
Inner circle
1133 Posts

Profile of Joe Mauro
I had been toying about getting this wallet. I don't perform professionaly, so I can't realy justify spending that much, but I thought the card being in a sealed envelope was kind of a mircale. The I saw Pat Page's card to wallet video where he talked aout the envelope not adding anything to it. He's so well respected, I thought I'd mention it.
~Joe
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Tricks & Effects » » Forbes Portfolio (0 Likes)
 Go to page 1~2 [Next]
X
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.03 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL