The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Dvd, Video tape, Audio tape & Compact discs. » » Ammar/Cloutier/Topit Question (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

adamjames
View Profile
Loyal user
England
205 Posts

Profile of adamjames
Hi, guys

I've recently bought Michael Ammar's Topit DVD and Topit pattern. I think those old tapes of his are great!

I've heard about the "Cloutier system" of topiting and sl**ving and am considering getting his "Third Hand Magic" video.

What I'd like to know is if Cloutier's "system" is useable with the Ammar topit. How do the two compare?

Is Cloutier's vid really any different from Ammar's or is it just more of the same?

Thanks

Adam
McScratchy
View Profile
Regular user
Chicago
114 Posts

Profile of McScratchy
Hey Adam,
The only difference in the actual topit is that Cloutier's Topit is a little bit lower in the coat and has a longer tucking strip. He also uses a clip to hold the strip in place. I still recommend getting his tape because there are some different moves and some great routines. A lot of the stuff on his video is just ideas and hypothetical stuff too. Good source of idea's.

I must add that Ammar is a much more thorough teacher of the topit.

-Gared C.
adamjames
View Profile
Loyal user
England
205 Posts

Profile of adamjames
Ok, thanks.

What about Cloutier's "World Class Magic" tape? That seems to involve the same sorts of thing (?)

Adam
samuelchong
View Profile
Loyal user
Penang
237 Posts

Profile of samuelchong
Cloutier's "World Class Magic" also involves a lot of topiting and sl**ving technique. Therefore, it is good for anyone who plan to purchase it, have the basic knowledge.

In this tape, he shows you various ways and ideas to apply those techniques.
Kjellstrom
View Profile
Inner circle
Sweden, Scandinavia, Europe
4914 Posts

Profile of Kjellstrom
Jay Scott Berry has some fine Topit products plus his great sleeve pockets:
http://www.jayscottberry.com/jsbtopits.html

I have Ammar Topit book and its very informative and useful. I also have Cloutier Topit video and you will find several nice routines on his tape.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Dvd, Video tape, Audio tape & Compact discs. » » Ammar/Cloutier/Topit Question (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2020 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.16 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL