The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Polly wants a cracker... » » Dove cage to girl.. (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page 1~2 [Next]
Steven Fox
View Profile
New user
Guatemala
28 Posts

Profile of Steven Fox
You cover your cage with about 3 or 4 birds in it, but when you lift up the cloth, there is a girl standing there, NO CAGE..

I'm really interested in doing this one, does any body know the name of the illusion, where I can get it, or any imput on it?
benscholz99
View Profile
Loyal user
282 Posts

Profile of benscholz99
Greg Frewin did a version on world's greatest magic. He used a Proline or Nielson vanishing cage. He somehow brought it foward and then produced the girl.

Ben
Alex Tan
View Profile
Loyal user
Singapore
289 Posts

Profile of Alex Tan
I don't think Greg used a Proline or Nielson vanishing cage, it should have been custom built.
sperris
View Profile
Special user
http://www.Anti-Conjuror.com
879 Posts

Profile of sperris
You're right, he didn't. I believe he built it himself. The cage to girl illusion is the Gemini Cage, I'm no sure if it is still built. It is a pain for the girl to have to be there the whole time so rarely is it used as a cage sitting there the whole show. Every time I've seen someone use it the cage is wheeled out towards the end with the doves in it. It works similar to a blamo box/doves to bunny. I think Joe Yu has one, he's on the Café every once in awhile.

SperriS
DANSPERRY.COM
hugmagic
View Profile
Inner circle
7353 Posts

Profile of hugmagic
Absolutely, Greg has built 99% of his own equipment. That cage and whole sequence was his own idea and make.

And Dan is correct, it is a pain for the girl. Rick Thomas still does this but he rolls the cage out during the act so the girl is not loaded as long.
Richard E. Hughes, Hughes Magic Inc., 352 N. Prospect St., Ravenna, OH 44266 (330)296-4023
www.hughesmagic.com
email-hugmagic@raex.com
Write direct as I will be turning off my PM's.
RVH Magic
View Profile
Special user
877 Posts

Profile of RVH Magic
Sperris,

The cage to girl (gemini cage) works like the vanishing dove cage (only bigger & with an add on)

Frewins version is his own fabrication (from an idee suggested by Eric Magoo)
ARNOMAGIE
View Profile
Regular user
France
200 Posts

Profile of ARNOMAGIE
The Gemini cage (performed by Rick Thomas, Lance Burton in his TV show, Philippart) is build by Creative Illusions from Las Vegas. Created by Ken Whitaker. He passed few years ago, so I don't know if Creative illusions still exists.
It's a fantastic effect but as I know with some angle problems and maybe some pain for the girl if she's not a contortionist!
The Greg Frewin final effect belongs to him and everyone would do it would do a rip off.

ARNO
hugmagic
View Profile
Inner circle
7353 Posts

Profile of hugmagic
I agree that Greg's is his and should be left alone.
Richard E. Hughes, Hughes Magic Inc., 352 N. Prospect St., Ravenna, OH 44266 (330)296-4023
www.hughesmagic.com
email-hugmagic@raex.com
Carron
View Profile
Special user
UK
958 Posts

Profile of Carron
I saw an effect similar to this performed by Raphael where the assistant appears wearing a white feather leotard

Tom
RVH Magic
View Profile
Special user
877 Posts

Profile of RVH Magic
As far as I know there are 3 authorized versions of this effect (dove cage to girl)
1.) The gemini cage invented by Ken Whitaker & sold by creative illusions
2.) The version of Greg Frewin - not for sale
3.) The version by Rafael (which is a growing cage of doves to a girl) - not for sale
All 3 performers came up with their version independently.
Other versions are a duck to a girl (blammo box as performed by Ed Alonzo) & a version of the palaquin illusion (doves to girl in a big cabinet)
Steven Fox
View Profile
New user
Guatemala
28 Posts

Profile of Steven Fox
I really like this illusion because its very different, most dove workers end their routines with the vanishing cage, this is a transformation. Knowing the basic principal, the variations can ben endless. But I cant find the cage anywhere. Creative illusions does'nt have a web page, so I'm thinking about building one my self.. but I shure gonna need some help, If you guys can give me any suggestions please send them to: foxestudios@yahoo.com

Please note that I'm asking for suggestions because their is no dealer for this product, (other wise I would buy it) I respect the Café rules very much, so that's why I'm making this statement clear.
hugmagic
View Profile
Inner circle
7353 Posts

Profile of hugmagic
You might want to contact Bill Smith in Las Vegas and see what the situtation is on the rights, etc.

If there is no problem with right, I am sure Bill could build one. If not Bill can probably direct you to the right person. Bill is a good guy and a straight shooter that I cannot recommend high enough.
www.hughesmagic.com
email-hugmagic@raex.com
RVH Magic
View Profile
Special user
877 Posts

Profile of RVH Magic
I don't think it is a good idee to build this illusion yourself - respect the creators!
I think you can find one for sale at :
http://www.joeyu.com
Rupert Bair
View Profile
Inner circle
?
2107 Posts

Profile of Rupert Bair
Like Pete Biro says
Their is nothing new in magic just magicians.
I have books with same principals for vanishing cages from many many years ago. Also were do you think dealers get a lot of their new stuff from? A lot of it is from magazines.
matt
Darcy
View Profile
Regular user
128 Posts

Profile of Darcy
If I remember correctly does John Shyrock not perform this effect? I saw him do it a few years ago so Im not to sure if he still performs it.

Darcy
benscholz99
View Profile
Loyal user
282 Posts

Profile of benscholz99
Get the blammo box from CHalet magic or http://www.Dennymagic.com
Ben
Steven Fox
View Profile
New user
Guatemala
28 Posts

Profile of Steven Fox
Thanks for all of your opinions on this matter, But now I would like to point out a few things:

1- I already have 2 vanishing cages (each one has different system), a Blammo Box and a Blammo Cage (looks like a fire cage but works like a blammo box). So thanks for suggesting these illusion, but I'm looking for a Transformation Cage. Not Box.

2- Joe you shows pictures of his Gemini Cage on his site for visitors to know what kind of magic he performs, he isn't selling it.

3- el Rafael wrote: I don't think it is a good idea to build this illusion yourself - respect the creators!

To which I answer: I'm not planning on steeling anybodies illusion.

Before Greg, somebody had performed it, maybe not the same method but the same illusion, then Ken Whitaker, then Rafael, and I'm sure there are more cages floating around somewhere created by other magicians who said "hey I think I can make my dovecage turn into a Girl". The point is, Not because I'm planning on building one, it means I'm going to use somebody's exact method.

I'll take suggestions, put together a few ideas and INVENT MY OWN.

I ask you This ¿How many versions of the levitation exist? more than a dozen, and there will be more as long as something is different about them.

Back to the subject, thanks Richard Hughes for suggesting Bill Smith, I think I'll contact him and then evaluate if having it built is a smarter choice then builting it myself.

Sorry if I had Spelling errors, but I'm from Central America, don't practice my English too often.
Alex Tan
View Profile
Loyal user
Singapore
289 Posts

Profile of Alex Tan
Yes, Joe Yu does want to sell it from what I last heard from him.

He is on the Café too, maybe you would like to PM him.
Steven Fox
View Profile
New user
Guatemala
28 Posts

Profile of Steven Fox
Can somebody tell me his username?
Alex Tan
View Profile
Loyal user
Singapore
289 Posts

Profile of Alex Tan
Joe Yu
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Polly wants a cracker... » » Dove cage to girl.. (0 Likes)
 Go to page 1~2 [Next]
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2019 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.13 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL