The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Food for thought » » Women bare all, men watch... (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

blindbo
View Profile
Special user
Bucks County, PA
790 Posts

Profile of blindbo
A thread somewhere got me curious. Hopefully the men can sit quietly as you answer:
Ladies, what attracted you to the performing of magic?
(Gee, could it possibly be for the same reasons we boys have?)
Laughing Otter
View Profile
Loyal user
Behind you!
205 Posts

Profile of Laughing Otter
Such a direct question deserves a very honest answer:
I need an audience.

I don't easily relate to people one-on-one, but I'm great with a group. Performing is something I've always needed to do. There are lots of choices out there, and I tried a good number of them before finding the magical arts.
> As a service to my fellow man, I no longer sing in public.
> I will never play a musical instrument well enough to entertain anyone but myself.
> My particular body type is suitable only for the kind of dance that involves large headdresses and tons of sequins; even then, I'm too short to be a showgirl.
> Acting is dicey at best and, in my experience, most local/civic theaters are so full of egos it's a wonder there is room for an audience.
Magic fulfills my need to create little bits of beauty and share them with groups of people for our mutual enjoyment.

Thanks for asking.
prettylady1990
View Profile
Loyal user
206 Posts

Profile of prettylady1990
Hi
What attracted me to magic was just the excitment and joy on people face and it just happened

Sorry it's not much of an answer

Prettylady
Margarette
View Profile
Special user
Memphis area
956 Posts

Profile of Margarette
What attracted me to magic.....

When my brother told me "girls don't do magic!" Now, guess who's teaching him to do a bit of magic here and there (whenever I make it to Tybee to visit him).

Margarette
The only stupid question is the one not asked.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Food for thought » » Women bare all, men watch... (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.01 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL