The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Knots and loops » » Fiber Optics by Richard Sanders (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page 1~2~3~4~5~6 [Next]
lowphat
View Profile
Loyal user
Michigan
240 Posts

Profile of lowphat
Has anyone seen this yet? I saw the demonstration on the DVD the other day and all I can say is wow. Not a whole lot as far as new moves, but his way of doing them makes it look like trick photography. Needless to say I ordered it instantly.
paulsmagic
View Profile
Regular user
130 Posts

Profile of paulsmagic
It is highly recommended and very well made DVD. Visuals are excellent and the teaching is superb. You can't go wrong.
-The Scot-
View Profile
Special user
726 Posts

Profile of -The Scot-
Where is there a demo? It sounds interesting this routine. If it's anything like three ropes and a baby, it will be a classic!
respho
View Profile
New user
Hong Kong
74 Posts

Profile of respho
I would credit Fiber Optics for Sander's very animated and visual moves.

Hi Kevin I have Fiber Optics and in it there's a 3 rope routine demonstrated (as a bonus I think). I searched the web for "3 ropes and a baby" and the textual description seems to fit that video perfectly. So I wonder if that's actually it.
barwald
View Profile
New user
7 Posts

Profile of barwald
Has any found a Demo of this routine yet.

Quote:
On 2004-09-12 23:38, barwald wrote:
Has any found a Demo of this routine yet?

Ok folks, I've got it on order. It sounds like a great DVD!
MagicSteve84
View Profile
Loyal user
286 Posts

Profile of MagicSteve84
Great routine by an awesome magician. I can assure everyone that this routine is much more visual than "Three Ropes and a Baby." If your a rope fan than pick this up now.

Steve
Turk
View Profile
Inner circle
Portland, OR
3545 Posts

Profile of Turk
In reading the description, it sounds like Richard Sanders has taken his "Three Ropes and a Baby" and, as Emeril would say, he kicked it up a notch. Is sounds like Richard took every rope effect knwon to man and incorporated them into the ultimate rope routine. It appears at first blush that you can devise your own rope routine by incorporating the items you want and in the order you want, etc. As such, it appears that this DVD can be utilized as a primer for all the best rope moves and you can "cut and paste" them together to fit your style or time constriants. Is this the "Mother" of all Rope routines?

After reading the reviews, this has become a "must have" for me.

(For those of you who do not know what the routine entails, I have "cut and pasted" a description of the routine below.)

Mike

Fiber Optics by Richard Sanders - DVD

A 16 phase eye-popping rope routine with over 22 killer moves to choose from!

Never cut your rope again! Dust off your ropes and fast forward into the future with Richard Sanders’ eye-popping, mind-crunching multi-phase rope routine. Learn the amazing NEW super visual moves that amazed magicians during Richard’s lectures at FISM 2003. Fiber Optics is a 16 phase rope routine packed with NEW super visual moves designed to thoroughly amaze

Featured moves:

Throw Restoration: 2 pieces of rope restore as they are tossed out!

The Ends Switch: Switch the rope ends secretly!

Finger Cut: Visually cut the rope with your fingers!

Drop Restoration: Drop 2 pieces of rope and watch the cut visibly restore!

Ends Across: The ends of the rope jump visibly from hand to hand!

Super Slide: The ends visually slide down the length of rope to the other side!

Gravity Pull: The ends fall off of the rope!

Endless Loop: The ends vanish from the rope leaving an endless loop!

Pop Endz: Pop the ends back onto the rope and hand it out for examination!

Static Cling: The 2 ends of the rope visibly restore leaving an endless loop!

Clip Link: The ends of the rope visibly link back onto the rope!

Gravity Link: The ends of the rope literally fall onto the rope ... leaving it restored!

Toss Link: The ends of the rope are tossed onto the endless loop and all is normal!

Lickety-Split Ends Switch: The cleanest, fastest and most indetectible ends switch!

Midair Morph: A visual midair rope restoration that literally fools the brain!

Ends Away: Pluck the ends to and from the rope at will... completely amazing!

Loop Swoop: Watch the ends literally jump back onto the rope!

Air Toss: The ends link back onto the rope in midair!

Opposite Ends: The ends change places with the middle of the rope...visually!

Middle Melt: The middle is plucked from the rope and then restored!

And much much more!
Magic is a vanishing Art.

This must not be Kansas anymore, Toto.

Eschew obfuscation.
Eric Falconer
View Profile
Veteran user
Houston
378 Posts

Profile of Eric Falconer
I own this DVD. It's excellent. His routine is the basic standard 3 rope routine with self cutting ropes and end removal and a prof. nightmare. His routines are excellent. He has a 3 rope routine and a 1 rope routine. Both are excellent. Then he has a whole series of moves including ways to cut the rope, restore the rope, pull the ends off, pull the middle out, visually put the ends on, how to transition into and out of the prof nightmare and how to end clean on a 1 rope routine. It teaches his routines. But there are enough tools here to create your own. It's more than just a DVD teaching a few routines. It's a tool box with a plethora of tools for your own routine construction. I highly recommend it!

Eric
ps. plethora: that's my 5 dollar word for the day
Eric Falconer

Houston TX
Turk
View Profile
Inner circle
Portland, OR
3545 Posts

Profile of Turk
Eric,

Plethora? How erudite of you.

Thanks for the brief review. What I think I am hearing you confirm is that the Fiber Optics routine is modular and, as such, it allows a performer to pick and choose which of the 16 phases (and in which order) he might wish to utilize (assuming that he doesn't wish to perform the entire routine). What I like about that is that a performer can put together a smaller routine of moves he has mastered, and, as he masters other moves, he can then incorporate such newly mastered moves into his existing routine. That's great!!!

Finally, is a Professor's Nightmare type of rope routine too "big" for restaurant table hopping? If Professor's Nightmare routines are deemed appropriate for restaurant table hopping, then Fiber Optics certainly seems to lend itself nicely in that environment in that the performer can cut the routine short (no pun intended) if the food arrives mid-performance. Opinions on this point would be greatly appreciated.

Mike
Magic is a vanishing Art.

This must not be Kansas anymore, Toto.

Eschew obfuscation.
sclitsome
View Profile
New user
Jamaica's Alright
47 Posts

Profile of sclitsome
I have already ordered my copy too. It looks intense.
If you want to see a video of it, there's one here;
http://www.richardsandersmagic.com

I can't wait to get my copy
wulfie66
View Profile
Veteran user
347 Posts

Profile of wulfie66
Can anyone tell me if this 'routine' is something that a 'newbie' can learn? I saw the demo and was totally amazed! Smile
Anyone who goes to a psychiatrist ought to have his head examined.
oagwood
View Profile
Veteran user
Pleasant Hill, CA
377 Posts

Profile of oagwood
Looks like a lot of useful info.

oliver
wulfie66
View Profile
Veteran user
347 Posts

Profile of wulfie66
Does this DVD contain the classic "3 ropes and a baby" routine? Any help on this would be greatly appreciated. Smile
rmoraleta
View Profile
Special user
Philippines
767 Posts

Profile of rmoraleta
I've seen the primer. It looks like it's 3 Ropes and a Baby with updates.

I have wanted to see a performance of this since I bought the manuscript. I have already kinda mastered the moves but would like to see the master at work.

I might buy Fiberoptics for further clarification.
Nicodemus
View Profile
Special user
644 Posts

Profile of Nicodemus
I just want to know does this require a gimmick or can the rope be handed out at the end ?
" Res Non Verba "

" Deeds Not Words "
Daegs
View Profile
Inner circle
USA
4283 Posts

Profile of Daegs
During some phases, you couldn't hand out things out without ditching an extra piece, but there are no gimicks, per se.

You can easily having the ropes examined before and after with routining and you can do this with borrowed ropes of the right length and size.
superhiro
View Profile
Regular user
101 Posts

Profile of superhiro
Wulfie66, I'm new with ropes and I bought the DVD because I was amazed seeing the man in action. I am making good progress with the moves and routines and I feel a beginner can easily learn and master everything on the DVD. I haven't spent much time yet, only a couple days but I think it's more of getting used to the moves. There isn't really anything that complicated.

So I would definitely recommend this even for a beginner like me.

Hiro
The Great Zambini
View Profile
New user
37 Posts

Profile of The Great Zambini
Eric:
I've been doing Professor's Nightmare table hopping for years. I follow Hypnotizing The Professor which is on Million Dollar Mysteries, The Magic of James Lewis.

I can share this with you since Portland, OR is a far way from sunny Stuart, Florida!
...Simply Amazing!
THE GREAT ZAMBINI
wulfie66
View Profile
Veteran user
347 Posts

Profile of wulfie66
Well I finally broke down and purchased Fiber Optics from Elmwood, just awaiting it's arrival. I just hope it's something someone new to rope magic can follow. I tend to learn easier via video than books, don't ask me why. Smile
Gideon Sylvan
View Profile
Special user
Deerfield, IL
541 Posts

Profile of Gideon Sylvan
How long is the routine?
You know you are a magician when you have boxes full of lecture notes you have never read, but still are excited about going out and buying more.

www.gideonsylvan.com
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Knots and loops » » Fiber Optics by Richard Sanders (0 Likes)
 Go to page 1~2~3~4~5~6 [Next]
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2021 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.26 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL