The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The spooky, the mysterious...the bizarre! » » Pendulum Magick (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page 1~2~3 [Next]
Magickman
View Profile
Elite user
St.Petersburg, Fl.
402 Posts

Profile of Magickman
If you have ever used sponge balls, you know how powerful magic is that happens in a spectator's hand.

For those of you that never used a pendulum, look into it! I have been doing pendulum magick for a long time and the reactions are always high. It has gotten to the point that I take a few with me because people get "into it"! And I make a few sales! For those who haven't had the pleasure, look for these titles:

Even Wierder Close-up....Docc Hilford (video)

Pendulum Magic...........George Anderson (booklet)

The Pendulum.............Richard Webster (video)

I also have some humble offerings on
Bizarremagick.com

Check them out and have fun.

Magickman
What man knows he calls Science
What he has yet to learn he calls Magick
Both are real!

_Tony Andruzzi_
tctahoe
View Profile
V.I.P.
Lakeland Fl.
733 Posts

Profile of tctahoe
The first issue of Mind Over Magic will have Pendulum magic in it. Stay tuned for details.
Magickman
View Profile
Elite user
St.Petersburg, Fl.
402 Posts

Profile of Magickman
Looking forward to it, TC!

Magickman
Both are real!

_Tony Andruzzi_
StrangeMagick
View Profile
Special user
635 Posts

Profile of StrangeMagick
Magickman:

Yes, the pendulum is very strong, especially when the magick happens in the sitter's hands (like in Docc's video).

Richard Webster also has a book for shut-eyes and one for Psychic Entertainers, although the one for Psychic Entertainers is harder to find . The shut-eye one can be found at amazon.com.

Magickally,

Dave Birtwell
tctahoe
View Profile
V.I.P.
Lakeland Fl.
733 Posts

Profile of tctahoe
If you are trying to find any of Richard's stuff, why not go to the man himself?

esp@psychic.co.nz.

Tell I sent you,and say hey for me.

T
bluefred
View Profile
Regular user
108 Posts

Profile of bluefred
Hi, you can find the pendulum by Richard Webster in Misdirection Magic Shop in San Francisco.

Another two nice routines using pendulum are the Art of Mentalism by Bob Cassidy, and it Ain't Body Building by For Kross.
Black Hart
View Profile
Elite user
Scottish Highlands
475 Posts

Profile of Black Hart
The pendulum is an excellent psychic tool and has many possibilities. Please check out 'Pendulum Plus'. This is one item that I always take to gigs.

Black Hart
Black Artefacts, manufacturer and dealer of weird, bizarre and psychic magic: www.blackhart.co.uk
DrNorth
View Profile
Veteran user
North Starr Entertainment, Harrisburg PA
364 Posts

Profile of DrNorth
It makes a great piece for impromptu readings. I focus on Tarot. Outside on a windy day, but not too windy, the pendulum can replace the cards.

I brought one to an audition for a local ball for the well to do crowd. The women who hired me were impressed with the readings, but when they told all about the old house their museum was set in, we went on a ghost hunt. They were blown away! I got two more shows out of it!
Smile
"For it shows things that were, and things that are, and things that yet may be. But which it that he sees, even the wisest cannot always tell"
~Galadriel

"A heretic is a man who sees with his own eyes."
Sam Haine
View Profile
Regular user
San Jose, CA
159 Posts

Profile of Sam Haine
Greetings,

I am huge fan of the pendulum. I have been hunting for years for an album (vinyl disk about 2.5 times as wide as a CD - won't fit in your computer) by Kreskin (a mindreader who plagues David Letterman).

I've only listened to it once, and took copious notes. On it he leads the listener through several wonderful pendulum routines. If anyone has a lead on where to find one, I'll give you my "Razor Blade Magic" DVD and "Mind Control" by Bill Abbott.

If you ever bump into me at a convention, dark alley, or misty graveyard at midnight, say Hi and I'll demonstrate one or two.

TTFN,

Sam Haine
Magical entertainment for charities www.sam-haine.com
Magickman
View Profile
Elite user
St.Petersburg, Fl.
402 Posts

Profile of Magickman
Hi Sam,

Have you tried posting a message under "Lets make a deal"? I had no idea Kreskin made a recording. I'd be interrested in that myself!

Magickman
Both are real!

_Tony Andruzzi_
tctahoe
View Profile
V.I.P.
Lakeland Fl.
733 Posts

Profile of tctahoe
My first pendulum came with the Kreskin "board" game. Still have it.
StrangeMagick
View Profile
Special user
635 Posts

Profile of StrangeMagick
Tctahoe:

I too had one of these as a child. I still have the pendulum and some of the ESP cards. A few years ago, I purchased a complete set for $5 at a flea market. It was so cheap, because someone stepped on and dented the cover. I didn't care, as I only wanted the contents.

These board games can be found on eBay and they really aren't that expensive.

Dave
Phil Thomas
View Profile
Inner circle
Newark, Ohio
1117 Posts

Profile of Phil Thomas
I just made my own pendulum. I had no idea about this concept until Magickman brought it to my attention, again I thank you Magickman! I even creeped myself out the first time I tried it. Pretty wicked! It is almost as close to real magick as you can get. The thing moves in whatever direction you "will" it to. I made mine out of an old silver necklace chain and tied a small skeleton key at the end. I was going to use a crystal, but decided to go with the key.

Phil
"If we lose the sense of the mysterious, life is no more than a snuffed out candle."

Albert Einstein
scolman
View Profile
Elite user
Cape Town, South Africa
456 Posts

Profile of scolman
I can vouch for the impact of a pendulum routine. As mentioned in an earlier post, a recent performance of mine with some very close friends (my fiance' being one of them) resulted in some fairly "real magick" that totally upset the one person I couldn't afford to upset! Think of lost babies and you'll get the picture.
I haven't taken it out of its box since then. I'll be back in the saddle again as soon as the dust dies down.
I don't believe I've come across anything that's as powerful before.
I must also comment on the Black Hart Pendulum Plus as it has a little extra something built into it that can really add a powerful climax to a pendulum routine.
Simon
Phil Thomas
View Profile
Inner circle
Newark, Ohio
1117 Posts

Profile of Phil Thomas
Just performed my first pendulum routine for a random victim........er, I mean spectator on the street. They FREAKED. I explained to them what the motions mean. Line for yes, circle for no. I had them ask the pendulum a series of yes or no questions that only they would know the answer to and to concentrate on the answer and stare at the pendulum. I knew it was working by the reactions on her face. Her jaw dropped. She shook her head in disbelief and then she handed the pendulum back to me and walked away shaking her head. This is truly as close to real magick as you can come. Even though I think I know how it works, I am still not sure and I don't think anyone really knows how this mystery works. Thanks to Magickman for introducing me to this wonderful little item. For those of you who have not tried using a pendulum, try it! This one freaks em' out!

Phil
"If we lose the sense of the mysterious, life is no more than a snuffed out candle."

Albert Einstein
Mark Rough
View Profile
Inner circle
Ivy, Virginia
2110 Posts

Profile of Mark Rough
As I recall, there's a great bit (what a horrible word) using a pendulum in the Art of Mentalism by Bob Cassidy.

Mark
What would Wavy do?
Jonas
View Profile
Inner circle
Sweden
1065 Posts

Profile of Jonas
Hmm, in which magic way do you usually do it?

Like "Theres a spirit in this pendelium. Freak out, freak out FREAK OUT!!!!!! Oh sorry, I'm the one freaking out. Anyway, hold the pendelium to make sure I don't cheat. Now the spirit will feel the emotions of the one holding the pendelium and I will ask you a few questions and all will come out right. If it swings in a circle its yes and if it swings in a line its no. Freak out, Freak out, FREA.. Eh, alright, lets go.

Or what do you do to make it magic?
http://www.youtube.com/jonashaglund < Card flourishes and some other stuff.
Phil Thomas
View Profile
Inner circle
Newark, Ohio
1117 Posts

Profile of Phil Thomas
I simply introduced the pendulum after doing some random card magic. Then I brought out the pendulum and stated the whole story about how pendulums have been used for ages to tell the future and answer questions. It is also said that the pendulum will "circle" when a spirit is present. I handed the pendulum over and told them what the motions mean. Line for yes, circle for no. I had them ask simple yes or no questions that only they would know the answer to, this way, I have no control over the effect. I told them to concentrate on the answer. The pendulum will respond almost everytime. Try this. It really works!

Phil

Albert Einstein
Jonas
View Profile
Inner circle
Sweden
1065 Posts

Profile of Jonas
Ah phil, that makes sense.

Might have to try it sometime, it was amazing first time I tried it out, like 5 years ago.
http://www.youtube.com/jonashaglund < Card flourishes and some other stuff.
Phil Thomas
View Profile
Inner circle
Newark, Ohio
1117 Posts

Profile of Phil Thomas
Yes, do give it a try. I'm sure you will enjoy the responses you get from it. The spectators believe that this is real magick. Have fun with it, and be sure to throw in a good ghost story. That adds to the effect nicely. Anyone else?

Albert Einstein
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The spooky, the mysterious...the bizarre! » » Pendulum Magick (0 Likes)
 Go to page 1~2~3 [Next]
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.03 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL