We Remember The Magic Café We Remember
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Dvd, Video tape, Audio tape & Compact discs. » » David Williamson DVD's (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page 1~2~3~4~5~6~7~8 [Next]
JJP161
View Profile
Special user
Columbus, Ohio
509 Posts

Profile of JJP161
I hate to admit this but for someone who is unfortunately not familiar with Mr. Williamson or his videos but I am definitely intrigued by everyone's comments and praise. Would someone mind sharing a little more insight on these videos and what I might be able to expect and learn from them. Thank-you,

Joe
Review King
View Profile
Eternal Order
14446 Posts

Profile of Review King
You can learn how to be an entertaining Pro, for one.
"Of all words of tongue and pen,
the saddest are, "It might have been"

..........John Greenleaf Whittier
shomemagic
View Profile
Inner circle
Missouri
2220 Posts

Profile of shomemagic
I wonder if you need to be insane like David LOL if so I'm in!
Magically,

Mike King - Sho-Me Magic

You can e-mail me at: shomemagic@gmail.com
Magic Dave
View Profile
New user
51 Posts

Profile of Magic Dave
Like Paul Harris, Dave Williamson brings a sense of fun and play into magic. That's why he's so loved by magicians.
Jim Tighe
View Profile
Veteran user
West Virginia
363 Posts

Profile of Jim Tighe
I really enjoy his act and lecture. But is there enough there to justify a 4 DVD set. Seems a little thin at first glimpse.
Review King
View Profile
Eternal Order
14446 Posts

Profile of Review King
It's 3 DVD's.

David Williamson
View Profile
V.I.P.
190 Posts

Profile of David Williamson
Hi Jim

Thank you for your comments about my act and lecture. I think you may have misread something somewhere...
There are only 3 DVDs, not 4. My first two video tapes have been re-mastered and made into DVDs (also included on all three DVDs are bonus clips from some TV appearances in Europe)

The third DVD is all new material-explained in detail and performed for a live audience. Let me assure you than none of the material is "filler" or made up recently just to peddle DVDs.They are routines that I have performed hundreds and in some cases-thousands of times for REAL audiences-not just magic friends or lecture groups. If you were to drop in one one of my private or corporate shows, Everything you would see me do is on on the DVDs. Many of these are routines that I have made a living with for over 20 years, and I continue to do so! Many of the items from the first two videos can be found in the working acts of professional magicians around the world. I hope the same will be said of the new video.

I have been told many times that little things like tips on the top change or finesse when loading a large object into a cup or the body language of a coin vanish were "worth the price of the tape." These are things that you don't see on the table of contents.

I agree that the magic market is full of instuctional materials with questionable content, that's why I've waited almost 15 years before putting out a 3rd video. The material is real world, audience tested. That means it has changed over time and taken its final form from hundreds and hundreds of performances.

I hope that the DVDs will be judged on the actual content and value of each routine and lessons taught within each, not just the length of the table of contents.

Sorry to go on at length, but I've worked hard on my magic and I'm quite proud to offer these DVDs. I've tried to make them entertaining and informative and offer them at a fair price. Producing this 3rd DVD has been no small undertaking and I don't think that describing them, sight unseen, as "a little thin" is fair.

Jim, I realize that you were casting no aspersions and that you were basing you comments on the your mistaken impression that 4 DVDs were being offered rather than 3, but I just don't want the wrong message to get out.

Dave Williamson
thehawk
View Profile
Inner circle
2275 Posts

Profile of thehawk
Dave, I have your two videos and will get your dvds. Your videos were very entertaining and informative. Your top change rocks.
Jonathan P.
View Profile
Inner circle
Belgium
1483 Posts

Profile of Jonathan P.
Hello Dave,
Could you please remind me when the pre-ordered DVDs will be shipped?
Thanks,
Jonathan.
niva
View Profile
Inner circle
Malta (Europe)
2970 Posts

Profile of niva
Yes, I would also like to know when they will be shipped?

I enjoye your lecture and show last FISM. People, he was the most anticipated artist in the whole convention.
Yours,

Ivan
Jim Tighe
View Profile
Veteran user
West Virginia
363 Posts

Profile of Jim Tighe
Mea Culpa. Thanks for providing more detail on the quality and depth of the material. Hopefully it will live up to expectations. You obviously understand the end user frustration of buying a multi-DVD set that is only sprinkled with top-notch quality.
Magic Dave
View Profile
New user
51 Posts

Profile of Magic Dave
Of all of the series to be accused of loaded with junk...

Just take a look at the L&L catalog and you can find a lot of series that would have been better suited for 1 or 2 dvds. I know many magicians who have added material from vols. 1 and 2 to their working repitoires.
Palle
View Profile
New user
82 Posts

Profile of Palle
I had been looking for "Slight of Dave" for a very long time and finally located a copy and got it right away. And I can say that the material and the instructions on that tape is at the very highest level. Knowing how difficult it is to find a copy of Dave's tapes on the market today I am convinced that the DVDs will be even more difficult to find when they eventually go out of print. So I am taking no chances and am ordering the DVDs now.

I will never in a million years reach Dave's level of entertainment stature, but aspects of my magic have improved by studying just one of his tapes.

palle...
niva
View Profile
Inner circle
Malta (Europe)
2970 Posts

Profile of niva
I am dying to watch Rocky. I am sending the money order right now.
Yours,

Ivan
Werner G. Seitz
View Profile
Inner circle
3131 Posts

Profile of Werner G. Seitz
I can only say one thing re DW..

Get everything he puts out..

He is the ONLY magician that brought tears to my eyes..tears of fun!!!

And it was at the *Magisk Weekend* convention many, many years back in Helsingborg/Sweden..

To se him work alone, is what's good entertaining magic is all about..

To se him fumbling on stage, turning his closeup-case
upside down, filling the table with strange props was one of the greatest experiences in watching a performer..and that was what brought tears to my eyes..

To se his *serious* poker-face when doing this, made anybody believe, he really was searching for some props..

He did steal the show!
A showstopper!

Apart from the comedy, his close-up magic simply is outstandingly well done and routined!

I happen to have some private videos shot in Germany, when he was a very young men, and even at that time he did those routines he now is famous for.
And he did them outstandingly well!!!!

Apart from -in later years- he did get a bit more *crazy* (which fits the american style Smile ) his handling and teaching of the stuff he does use, is tops of the profession..

Those who never have seen him work -and love entertaining magic skillfully and well done-, have missed the threat of their lifetime!

BUT, one doesn't have to *use* the crazý style to do his outstandingly fine routines..they ARE simply great and outstanding close-up magic by themselves, also when presented in another way..nobody could reach his high level of fine presentation anyway..

I, f.ex., remember how well he acted when doing an impromptu show in the hotel for some retarded guy, using a coffe cup and some card, IIRC it was something about a folded up card, ending up in an upside down coffecup on a sourcer, but it looked to each and everybody he *missed*..I too fellt into the trap.
He's such a good actor..
He didn't miss.. Smile

Those having read his book *Williamsons Wonders*, simply should have his DVDs too..

All of the routines he does are outstanding!

I, f.ex. also recall him doing the hindu-thread -at a lecture in London- without breaking the thread at all..

It is not fair to disclose how he did it, but it has to do something with sound..
What an illusion..what a great idea!

He is a true inovator with lots of original and for anybody usefull ideas!

I assure you guys, that guy is the no. 1 in entertainment combined with magic..

I've stated somewhere else, that there are very few *real* good entertainers with magic..a few that came to mind where
Tom Mullica, Bob Read, Johnny Paul, Gazzo and last NOT least David Williamson..

That guy SHOULD be working/lecturing at the upcoming FISM in 2006 in Stockholm..
I truely hope they book him..

There is no better praise in my book..he's one of the very best ever exposing entertaining and skillfull magic...

Study his work..nobody will regret it!

(I'll give you the adress whereto send the check Dave Smile ..no honestly..I mean every single word I said..)
Learn a few things well.....this life is not long enough to do everything.....

( Words of wisdom from Albert Goshman ...it paid off for him - it might
as well for YOU!!!- My own magic is styled after that motto... Smile )
Kozmo
View Profile
V.I.P.
5427 Posts

Profile of Kozmo
Werner, we just keep on agreeing

koz
Werner G. Seitz
View Profile
Inner circle
3131 Posts

Profile of Werner G. Seitz
Quote:
On 2004-09-07 14:35, tedb wrote:
Werner, we just keep on agreeing

koz
$#@&^% ... Smile
Something must be wrong.. Smile
Learn a few things well.....this life is not long enough to do everything.....

( Words of wisdom from Albert Goshman ...it paid off for him - it might
as well for YOU!!!- My own magic is styled after that motto... Smile )
Srk7a
View Profile
New user
31 Posts

Profile of Srk7a
Dave is IMO the most under-rated magician in magic. I say this because I think he is probably the best magician I've ever seen. He is all around pure entertainment. I would buy his dvds even if there were no explanations. Believe me, you will be VERY glad you purchased his DVDs. You will learn a lot, and laugh out loud throughout.
Michael Dustman
View Profile
Inner circle
Columbus, Ohio
1172 Posts

Profile of Michael Dustman
I have not yet seen the 3rd DVD. I do have his last video Card Farm, and some of the material from that tape has been reshot for the 3rd DVD. So in saying that, let me attest that there is no filler material here. I use 2 of Dave's routines from his first video series in my stand-up act, and quite a few in my close-up act.

If anything is worth the price of the tapes, it would be to see the bonus footage of David in various settings. If there is one thing I feel fortunate in is that I have had the opportunity to see David perform for real world audeinces and he left them breathless from laughing and enjoying the magic. I have seen David at quite a few magic conventions, and we all are in awe. But to have the opportunity to witness his style in a non-magic convention setting is indeed something to witness.
Review King
View Profile
Eternal Order
14446 Posts

Profile of Review King
Dave's material is "A list" material. No fillers!

The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Dvd, Video tape, Audio tape & Compact discs. » » David Williamson DVD's (0 Likes)
 Go to page 1~2~3~4~5~6~7~8 [Next]
X
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2021 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.15 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL