The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Penny for your thoughts » » Dream Signs (1 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page 1~2 [Next]
Ken Dyne
View Profile
Inner circle
UK
2269 Posts

Profile of Ken Dyne
I have just received Dream Signs by one of the Café's own Daniel Love. I was wondering who else has purchased this from Daniel?

The method is so *** good! I am not receiving financial gain from Mr Love, however I must say that this is the closest to real mind reading that we have come!

In case you don't know the effect here goes:

Participant concentrates, visualizes their star sign. You ask no questions, nothing is written down, no pre-show and totally impromptu you can read their mind, you name their star sign!

What's more no progressive anagrams. You can do it face to face and over the phone!

I am really impressed with this and have already started practicing with my friends!

Has anyone any thoughts on this?

Oh, if you are after it I got it from
http://www.magic-notes.com

and its worth 3 x the price at least!

Kind thoughts
Kennedy

P.s I do not know Daniel and receive no benefit from these sales
MR GOLDEN BALLS 2.0: https://mentalunderground.com/product/mr-golden-balls-2-0/" target="_blank"> https://mentalunderground.com/product/passed-out-deck/

BAIRN: Named 'Best Mentalism Product Of 2014 by Marketplace of the Mind is my collection of more than 40 mentalism routines in a beautiful paperback book: http://www.mentalunderground.com/product/bairn
DanielLove
View Profile
Loyal user
UK
265 Posts

Profile of DanielLove
Dear Kennedy,

Thanks for your kind words,
It's really very much appreciated - thank you very much!

I'd like to point out to those whom have not yet purchased Dream Signs; this is a psychological effect that is very much aimed at the professional or experienced performer. Certain aspects of the methodology require a good deal of participant guidance that only comes with those who have had a lot of real word performance practice.
I say this so that those of you who are relatively new to mentalism are not disappointed with Dream Signs - this is not a plug-and-go effect, but a method that requires practice and a level of performance skill. That's not to say you cannot learn from it!

Also the more experienced performers will see that the methodology involved is designed to get the mental-cogs moving and with a little thought, is easily adaptable to create other similar effects.

I must say that please bear in mind that like any methodology, you will have to exert some degree of effort to achieve maximum effect - possibly adapt the methodology to fit your own personal style (those who own the manuscript will understand.)

All in all I am very proud of Dream Signs and thank all who have taken the time to contact me with your great feedback and reviews!

Thanks,

Daniel Love
david_a_whitehead
View Profile
Inner circle
USA
2122 Posts

Profile of david_a_whitehead
You must also cater to people who are familiar with the zodiac. Readers will have a lot more success with this than traditional mentalists...imho.
DanielLove
View Profile
Loyal user
UK
265 Posts

Profile of DanielLove
I've used it sucessfully for years as a Mentalist David, but yes Readers will find DreamSigns very useful, perhaps A little more than the Mentalists but it really depends on how you approach Mentalism.
I always try to adapt my presentation to be as meaningful for the participant as I can - so I would avoid a Zodiac based effect for someone with no interest anyhow.
Winnes
View Profile
Veteran user
375 Posts

Profile of Winnes
I got this a couple of weeks back, and still "tweaking it".

There are parts of the branch that seem a bit.. illogical I suppose is the best word to describe it, but can be easily covered up in the presentation.

I am a huge fan of PA's and The Underground Collective's "Sensory Projection" - and this technique is very similar to that, and I do like it a lot.

Like Daniel says, it needs to be "worked", and you need to know what youre doing or it'll just fall flat. I would suggest newcomers to get some experience of traditional PA systems before trying this.

Overall though, a great effect.
DanielLove
View Profile
Loyal user
UK
265 Posts

Profile of DanielLove
Thanks Craig!

Yes, certain aspects of the method may appear a little odd at first, but trust me with the right presentation it flows as smoothly as a well oiled stoat.
salsa_dancer
View Profile
Inner circle
1935 Posts

Profile of salsa_dancer
I must say that for the advert to say that it has no progressive anagrams and then to go and use PA techniques was a little misleading.

I suppose we come to expect that in this day and age.

It uses concepts that a good PA user will already use anyway. A bit disappointed. Smile
Ken Dyne
View Profile
Inner circle
UK
2269 Posts

Profile of Ken Dyne
For me a PA's difficulty is in recalling the letter process, this is not the case with Dream Signs as it is a visual cuing system and all memory is visual as opposed to linear like letters.

Another advantage, IMO that you have with Dream Signs is that the spectator need not speak, where as in a standard Whats My Sign your saying "Does it have an E in it?" and you expect a reply 99% of the time.

Plus (oh yes) if you were to read someone's mind then you wouldn't' say, "think of your star sign and now think about how you spell it", well I know I wouldn't anyway so the visualization in the technique brings us a step closer to what I would call the real work.

These are the reasons I like it and I have only had it under a day and can easily recall the process. I am unable to perform it as yet but with work I am sure it will come...i might even make some improvements and maybe Mr Love will include them in a second edition Smile

Hey, it needs tweaking to fit your own personal style
I agree 100%, but then if you didn't do this with every effect then we would all be clones.

Example, if I work For Andruzzi (Jermay) just as Luke does then I fail every time, if I do it my way then it is 99% efficient.

"One man's ... is another man's poison"

Kind thoughts
Kennedy
MR GOLDEN BALLS 2.0: https://mentalunderground.com/product/mr-golden-balls-2-0/" target="_blank"> https://mentalunderground.com/product/passed-out-deck/

BAIRN: Named 'Best Mentalism Product Of 2014 by Marketplace of the Mind is my collection of more than 40 mentalism routines in a beautiful paperback book: http://www.mentalunderground.com/product/bairn
DanielLove
View Profile
Loyal user
UK
265 Posts

Profile of DanielLove
Salsa_dancer,

Sorry you are disappointed - however I think that the claims of no progressive anagrams is completely fair, after all the definition of anagram is "a rearrangement of the letters of a word"

Once again, sorry if you feel you were mislead - but I personally cannot see why. I have had a good deal of very good feedback on Dream Signs with many people being more than happy with the methodology - I've given plenty of warnings that the effect takes a good deal of practice and a developed presentational skill and I think these need to be considered before purchase - as I said it is not "plug and go effect" but a methodology that needs careful practice.
templemagic
View Profile
Elite user
Sunderland, North-East England
420 Posts

Profile of templemagic
I downloaded it last night after reading Kennedy's review. I think it is great. I am looking forward to using this in the future.

Congratulations Daniel on this brilliant work.

TM
ROBERT TEMPLE
"The Power to Amaze"

robert@roberttemple.co.uk
http://www.roberttemple.co.uk
DanielLove
View Profile
Loyal user
UK
265 Posts

Profile of DanielLove
Thanks, Temple magic - do let me know how you get on!
salsa_dancer
View Profile
Inner circle
1935 Posts

Profile of salsa_dancer
Daniel,

The method is very good, and I think anyone who uses PA's should get it to give them some extra thinking into other ways of handling.

I was personally disapointed in that it offered nothing new to me apart from the ability to reveal a star sign. I was hoping for something that I could adapt to other things. As it turns out it is an adaption of techniques I already use to create an effect I wouldn't do.

It is my mistake though I should have asked questions first, nothing wrong with the product.
DanielLove
View Profile
Loyal user
UK
265 Posts

Profile of DanielLove
Thanks Salsa,

I'm glad to hear that it's just a matter of you already being skilled in similar methods rather than Dream Signs itself.

Do have a good re-read of DS though as perhaps there are a few subtleties you could pick up on!

All the best,

Daniel
ddyment
View Profile
Inner circle
Gibsons, BC, Canada
2128 Posts

Profile of ddyment
Kennedy wrote:
Quote:
... in a standard Whats My Sign [sic] your saying "Does it have an E in it?" and you expect a reply...

Lord, Lord... I hope not. Smile

Surely only the rankest of beginners would do anything like this (and rapidly discover that the audience is not very impressed)!

... Doug
Doug Dyment's Deceptionary :: Elegant, Literate, Contemporary Mentalism ... and More
DanielLove
View Profile
Loyal user
UK
265 Posts

Profile of DanielLove
I think Kennedy is exaggerating the concept to make a point - but yes you're right Doug!
Patrick Redford
View Profile
Inner circle
Michigan
1733 Posts

Profile of Patrick Redford
How does this technique differ from what Alain Nu has put out in the Mystery School Book?

-George Tait
DanielLove
View Profile
Loyal user
UK
265 Posts

Profile of DanielLove
Haven't read the book yet so cannot comment on that George, if you PM me I'll do my best to help!
Ken Dyne
View Profile
Inner circle
UK
2269 Posts

Profile of Ken Dyne
Hi Doug, yeah sorry for sounding serious, I was merely poking fun as I feel Mr Love's idea beats the pants off of the original, apologies again.

As for the Alain Nu effect, his effect Zodiattack is very different indeed to Dream Signs. The process he describes (this was just a brief reading a long while ago, so please excuse any misinterpretations) you reply on asking questions "It doesn't fall under any of these does it?" type things.

However I would say that it is more directly linked to Love's idea than a PA is. However, no reply is requested of the spectator (Mr Love I want a commission I sound like I'm your bloomin' promoter! lol)

Kind thoughts,
Kennedy

DanielLove
View Profile
Loyal user
UK
265 Posts

Profile of DanielLove
I'd just like to announce that I shall shortly be releasing a second book "In League with the Devil"
More on that later!

Daniel
DangerMouse
View Profile
Special user
LONDON CITY
506 Posts

Profile of DangerMouse
How did it break Café rules??

I thought it just linked to a review page?!?

Curt...Confused.
Cheese is nothing but thick milk.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Penny for your thoughts » » Dream Signs (1 Likes)
 Go to page 1~2 [Next]
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2020 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.16 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL