The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » F/X » » Attention iPod users (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2
bloodyjack
View Profile
Veteran user
Seattle WA
343 Posts

Profile of bloodyjack
MR2 guy this will control an I-pod for 40 bucks

This is cool RF control of ipod for 40 bucks they even have a usb one for PC for 50 bucks. This will RF control your i-pod and your laptop I am ordering one
http://www.griffintechnology.com/products/airclick/index.php
"sir i sent you half the kidne i took from one woman prasarved it for you tother piece i fried and ate it was very nise i may send you the bloody knif that took it out if you only wate a whil longer"
glodmagic
View Profile
Special user
USA
501 Posts

Profile of glodmagic
Because this thread is called "Attention iPod users"
I was curious if anyone has used the iPod $99. Shuffle yet?

I was going to try it as a "sound device" for a series of sound effects to augment my regular iPod in the show. My thought was to wire it inline (with a tiny minimixer) with my wireless mic on my body then have a series of cartoon like sounds.
Remember ANY of your posts here can be Googled by your customers and Clients. Just entering your name in Google can bring up your negative comments that stay for years!
MR2Guy
View Profile
Regular user
Nashville
179 Posts

Profile of MR2Guy
Glod

I have a couple of Shuffles, and in regards to your question, I don't see why it wouldn't work. The "on" switch on the back has two positions, one for playing your tunes/sound effects concurrently (i.e. a playlist), and the second postion plays your files randomly. The Play/pause button is pretty big, so it would be fairly easy to control. I would recommend you turn the Shuffle on to its first position and play your sound effects on cue, unless, of course, you like to live dangerously. Smile

Take care

Jason
Question every rule.
There are no absolutes.
Brent Allan
View Profile
Elite user
Chicago
415 Posts

Profile of Brent Allan
Why does the shuffle cost so much less than the normal iPod?
Turn your business card into a relentless salesperson that brings you business!

http://www.TransformYourBusinesscard.com
bloodyjack
View Profile
Veteran user
Seattle WA
343 Posts

Profile of bloodyjack
Because it has no interface (LCD display) and a much smaller memory.
The memory is ram I belive therefore much smaller and cheaper to manufacture than a hard disk.
"sir i sent you half the kidne i took from one woman prasarved it for you tother piece i fried and ate it was very nise i may send you the bloody knif that took it out if you only wate a whil longer"
MichaelKent
View Profile
Special user
560 Posts

Profile of MichaelKent
I've been using the remoteremote with my ipod in my show now for a while -- great results.
Tod Todson
View Profile
Inner circle
USA
1296 Posts

Profile of Tod Todson
Doesn't the Remote take up the use of the external jack on the iPod? How then to ALSO attach external speakers for sound? You only have one jack.

Thanks,
Tod
Mystifier, Youth Speaker
<BR><BR>
glodmagic
View Profile
Special user
USA
501 Posts

Profile of glodmagic
Tod,
The remotes use a pass-through for the audio jack (they have their own mini jack) , so yes, there is of course a place to hook up to the PA.
Remember ANY of your posts here can be Googled by your customers and Clients. Just entering your name in Google can bring up your negative comments that stay for years!
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » F/X » » Attention iPod users (0 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.01 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL