The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Pasteboard Frolics » » Website update for "The System"! (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page 1~2~3~4~5 [Next]
in flames
View Profile
Inner circle
Toronto
1028 Posts

Profile of in flames
The Bucks have updated their website. It looks like we're closer to getting our hands on the DVD. For Phantom, the Bucks have a link to the Superhandz website right at the top of the page, and they credit moves where credit is due in the descriptions of whats on this dvd. Can't wait!
GrumpyOwl
View Profile
New user
73 Posts

Profile of GrumpyOwl
It is my god given rite to reply...
phantomace
View Profile
Special user
651 Posts

Profile of phantomace
It's cool Dan and Dave and Superhandz are finally seemingly getting along. It's been long overdue.

But it won't change the fact that many people still don't like the Buck Twins or never ending sybils.

I think the sybil variation fanatics will love this DVD. And XCMers or flourihsers will not. I mean who really needs more sybils? There are at leats 5 DVDs or video projects on the market dedicated to these already. Now another one? All of these devoted to sybil cuts/2 handed pivot cuts? Sure, there are some ace productions and ameture short films and so forth but really, they are mostly dedicated to sybils/2 handed pivotcuts.

I'd rather invest my money in Jerry's new DVD which looks awesome by the way from the new promo trailer! It's shipping on the 15th.
Or anything with XCM that is not just sybils and 2 handed pivot cut variations.

Here are the other DVDs that look much the same: pasteboard animations, Tudor Show off 1, Tudor Show off 2, Generation X, and Keones Xtreme Cuts, and now.......... duh duh duh! The system. Congratulations to the Buck Twins for adding another sybil video to the market.

Phantom
rkzad
View Profile
Regular user
Canada
138 Posts

Profile of rkzad
I'm really glad there's a truce between them.

I'm glad Dan and Dave recognize Superhandz as a good enough place to be featured a the top of their main page with a nice big picture, and that there is no more Player Hater's forum on the Handlordz forum.

I really didn't like how many posts were about hating each other. We should be focusing on furthering ourselves and the art of card manipulation, whichever variety floats your boat.

This truce is great news.
- richard
in flames
View Profile
Inner circle
Toronto
1028 Posts

Profile of in flames
Quote:
On 2004-09-06 14:19, rkzad wrote:
This truce is great news.

It is! That was one of my points for this post.

Quote:
On 2004-09-06 14:15, phantomace wrote:
Congratulations to the Buck Twins for adding another sybil video to the market.

Phantom

So we also then must congratulate De'vo for releasing another cut DVD? I guess you won't Phantom. Since we all know you hate all these cut dvds being released. I'm glad all these dvds are released because we get to see these awsome performers. I just hate the fact that its taking me a step closer to the poorhouse because I have to buy them. Lol!

P.S. Can't we all just get along!!
Matte
View Profile
New user
1 Post

Profile of Matte
Hey I'm new here and even I can see that phantom means sybils,not the one handed cut of them all, the cobra cut, which is not a sybil.

I will be getting the system as well, and I'll be giving fair reviews on both when the time comes.

Matte
phantomace
View Profile
Special user
651 Posts

Profile of phantomace
Lol, Thanks Matte. Thank god the Cobra cut is not a sybil!LOL

At least someone had to break the cut trend of sybil. Might as well be the world's hardest one handed cut by De'vo. Now there is a move that stands out from the plethera of look alike sybil moves.

Phantom
tylerdurden
View Profile
New user
70 Posts

Profile of tylerdurden
Quote:
On 2004-09-06 13:21, in flames wrote:
The Bucks have updated their website. It looks like we're closer to getting our hands on the DVD. For Phantom, the Bucks have a link to the Superhandz website right at the top of the page, and they credit moves where credit is due in the descriptions of whats on this dvd. Can't wait!

where is the link?

In flames

nevermind my computer is a little slow
CLJ
View Profile
Loyal user
Singapore
281 Posts

Profile of CLJ
http://www.dananddave.com

Can't wait for the System. It's going to be awesome. And yes, I agree that it's great that the Bucks and Handlordz have peace now. Jerry's companion DVDs, De'vo's Cobra DVDs and the other upcoming dvds by De'vo will definitely kick ass as well, I'm sure everyone knows that.
"Watch this, you ready now? Watch this, watch, watch, watch, watch now, watch closely, watch this, you watching now? Watch, watch..." - David Blaine
Review King
View Profile
Eternal Order
14447 Posts

Profile of Review King
These guys are clowns. I watched the trailer and it was annoying.
"Of all words of tongue and pen,
the saddest are, "It might have been"

..........John Greenleaf Whittier
CLJ
View Profile
Loyal user
Singapore
281 Posts

Profile of CLJ
Quote:
On 2004-09-07 04:29, MagicChris wrote:

What, how does their trailer make them "annoying"? Watch Spring Jam or something and see the skill they have before calling them clowns.
"Watch this, you ready now? Watch this, watch, watch, watch, watch now, watch closely, watch this, you watching now? Watch, watch..." - David Blaine
phantomace
View Profile
Special user
651 Posts

Profile of phantomace
Quote:
On 2004-09-07 04:29, MagicChris wrote:

lol! I think he was talking about the goofy stuff like that guy clucking at the end. More than half of the trailer had nothing to do with card moves. But I guess that's the same as the DVD. From what I hear, most of it is dedicated to their ameture short films.

Phantom
PasteboardPlayer
View Profile
New user
70 Posts

Profile of PasteboardPlayer
Quote:
On 2004-09-07 08:47, phantomace wrote:
From what I hear, most of it is dedicated to their ameture short films.

Shows how much you know...
phantomace
View Profile
Special user
651 Posts

Profile of phantomace
EXACTLY!

Phantom
Review King
View Profile
Eternal Order
14447 Posts

Profile of Review King
The Buck's are jokes!!
"Of all words of tongue and pen,
the saddest are, "It might have been"

..........John Greenleaf Whittier
CLJ
View Profile
Loyal user
Singapore
281 Posts

Profile of CLJ
Quote:
On 2004-09-07 23:25, MagicChris wrote:
The Buck's are jokes!!

They're jokes while you don't have a tenth of the skill they have... oh well. To each his own. If you wish to judge them by their films and not by their skill, that's your call.
monark
View Profile
Regular user
Southern IN
162 Posts

Profile of monark
Ah, here we go again with the never ending battle. To each his own, I say...
- curt™
HuronLow
View Profile
Special user
689 Posts

Profile of HuronLow
Haha...To a certain extent the teaser was annoying, but the cut at the end was very impressive.(Let's not start on whether any of the cuts were sped up or not).

MagicChris, PLEASE do check out Springjam. You won't regret it. I really dislike the way the flourish/XCM threads usually digress. Also, Phantom, if I'm not wrong the DVD has 18 different cuts, the films are just a bonus.

Huron
The T&R Project.
A revolutionary take on the Torn & Restored card.

Available now at www.HuronLow.com
Jonas
View Profile
Inner circle
Sweden
1065 Posts

Profile of Jonas
I don't know how many times its written, but ill write it again.

Dan and Dave are not Flourishers, and they havent called themselves flourishers either. They are magicians doing fancy cuts to add a sparkle to the magic they perform. I don't think magic would be as fun to watch performed if people was doing the Heaven Display, Cobra cut, Cradle to Grave combo or such interpolated into the magic.

The thing about that flourishes ruins magic is bs from what I understand now, you just have to do a reason to do everything to still make them look at it as card magic. But I cant find reasons to add the CTG combo or such in a magic routine, so that's why I just wrote that.

So for the last time, Dan and Dave don't try to be Flourishers or "Extreme Card Manipulators" as people over at HandLordz calls it, they try to be magicians.
Its 2 different arts.

So now lets get back to topic about the DVD.
http://www.youtube.com/jonashaglund < Card flourishes and some other stuff.
Chris Keppel
View Profile
Special user
Kansas City MO
544 Posts

Profile of Chris Keppel
Quote:
On 2004-09-09 12:53, Harwin wrote:
I don't know how many times its written, but ill write it again....

snippped for brevity

I second that. People need to hush up and quit bashing left and right when most likely they can't do the material in the first place. I'm not going to mention any names but anyone who reads these threads knows who I'm talking about.
www.chriskeppel.com
Kepp's Custom Carbon Fiber
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Pasteboard Frolics » » Website update for "The System"! (0 Likes)
 Go to page 1~2~3~4~5 [Next]
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2019 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.14 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL