The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Pasteboard Frolics » » Website update for "The System"! (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3~4~5 [Next]
juggler13
View Profile
New user
97 Posts

Profile of juggler13
The bucks and De' have always gotten along fine,its the people from the forums and stuff.
Burns
View Profile
Loyal user
218 Posts

Profile of Burns
Watch one of the Bucks promos. ANNYONE!
then watch Jerrys Promo... which one contains most Card Moves...
If I buy a XCM DVD it's for the Moves.. not the special effects that make the same looking moves look different or better.
What I want is Cold Hard XCM. Nothing more nothing less. comedy and kickass editing and theaching methods are also a great pluss. that's why I always buy from Handlordz Store and never the DanDave Store thingy.
"I'd give my right arm to be ambidextrous..." -GrumpyOwl-

"I don't invent, I do Personal Discoveries" - Myself-
Jonas
View Profile
Inner circle
Sweden
1065 Posts

Profile of Jonas
Burns, is it about Quality or Quantity?

Quality..

I know Jerrys stuff is good, but a lot of the stuff in that demo does not belong to Jerry.
I also know that Dan and Dave does a lot of Variations (But hey, its hard to make a sybil look TOTALLY new as its not a sybil if it doesn't contain those motions.)

ALso, I buy a DVD to enjoy the DVD, and being able o do the same stuff myself. As said before, Dan and Dave don't use speed up filters to make it look better.. Special effects.. What about you when you perform the cobra cut, do you do a BOOOM sond with your mouth as you close it as De´vo usually does? (Not that way, Devo uses special effects Smile)

Dan and Daves DVD will contain comedy, also nice editing. The material looks good too. Sure a lot of it has been published before, but also a lot of it havent. Lets say you bought De´vos CTG from Ellusionist, then you don't get the bonuses in the CTG forum at HL. Then its not too many moves.
Its around 10 moves then, and 18 moves in Dan and Daves DVD, and also easter eggs.

But its not about Quantity, its about Quality, and me and people I have shown likes the material by Dan and Dave, and then I'm happy and theres nothing to complain about.

THE END.
http://www.youtube.com/jonashaglund < Card flourishes and some other stuff.
Schaden
View Profile
Inner circle
Purgatory
1253 Posts

Profile of Schaden
Quote:
On 2004-09-12 15:05, Harwin wrote:
...(But hey, its hard to make a sybil look TOTALLY new as its not a sybil if it doesn't contain those motions.)...

Then why not but the sybil down and work on something new? I am not a Handlordz attach dog but, I repect Devo and crew a lot more. Tudor and The Buck's work all seem to be stuck in, what they did last time. They have so much skill and creative chops, I just don't understand why they don't use it.

Lee
Venomal
View Profile
New user
16 Posts

Profile of Venomal
Quote:
On 2004-09-12 15:53, Schaden wrote:
Quote:
On 2004-09-12 15:05, Harwin wrote:
...(But hey, its hard to make a sybil look TOTALLY new as its not a sybil if it doesn't contain those motions.)...

Then why not but the sybil down and work on something new? I am not a Handlordz attach dog but, I repect Devo and crew a lot more. Tudor and The Buck's work all seem to be stuck in, what they did last time. They have so much skill and creative chops, I just don't understand why they don't use it.

Lee

I agree with Lee, why don't they user their creative minds then and put down their sybil moves? Also Harwin, having 10 original moves is better than having 18 variation moves of one sybil/move, that is if you were to compare from the CTG dvd and the buck material, as you did in the previous post.

Venomal
Venomal
Jonas
View Profile
Inner circle
Sweden
1065 Posts

Profile of Jonas
Yeah, I can agree to that Venomal, but De´vo has excperienced more as he has don't XCM for MANY years.
The bucks have only been active with it like 3-5 years I heard. But I agree, but I still like the material.

Again, the cuts are more aimed at magicians, doing a heaven display in an Ambitious card routine would confuse a bit. Smile
http://www.youtube.com/jonashaglund < Card flourishes and some other stuff.
Venomal
View Profile
New user
16 Posts

Profile of Venomal
Quote:
On 2004-09-12 16:35, Harwin wrote:
Yeah, I can agree to that Venomal, but De´vo has excperienced more as he has don't XCM for MANY years.
The bucks have only been active with it like 3-5 years I heard. But I agree, but I still like the material.

Again, the cuts are more aimed at magicians, doing a heaven display in an Ambitious card routine would confuse a bit. Smile

lol Maybe if it magiccally appeared on top Smile

In my opinion, if the creativity of such as the bucks and brian tudor are present, they should come up with original concepts, instead of coming up with "one more packet in between the fingers", then saying it's original.

Venomal
Venomal
sc_wizard29
View Profile
Regular user
125 Posts

Profile of sc_wizard29
> if the creativity of such as the bucks and
> brian tudor are present, they should come
> up with original concepts, instead of
> coming up with "one more packet in between
> the fingers", then saying it's original.

As Harwin said, the age difference between the buck twins/Brian Tudor and De'vo/Jerry is very important...

If you've been "flourishing" for 5 years, you can't possibly have created as much original material than someone who's been flourishing for 30 years.

It's like comparing a musician who's been playing for 30 years and a musician who's been playing for 5 years and saying : "the first one has written more original songs than the second one"... doesn't make much sense don't you think ?
Stimuli
View Profile
New user
54 Posts

Profile of Stimuli
Harwin, I bought my CTG DVD from Ellusionist and I have access to the special forum with all of the bonuses. I loved CTG, I just reieved an E-mail confirmation From Xtremehandz saying that Jerry's Companion DVD to the Bible has been shipped to me and I'm on the Handlordz Forum everyday checking up on the progress of De and his Cobra Cut Project. Do I like the Buck's? The answer, yea kinda. I'm not really into the whole magic thing anymore which is why I'm glad there is no magic on their new DVD, it's all just cuts. While none of their material shows the pure imagination of De'vo or the pure fury of Jerry (Jerry is just sick with the card skills), there is no doubt in my mind the those kids do have skills with the cuts and I will be getting a copy of the system the first week it comes out so ya'll can look for an honest review from me when it is finally released. I'm thinkin' I'm gonna like it though, I've already seen all the moves just as long as they are taught well you probably won't hear very many bad things from me.
MnemonicaRedux
View Profile
Regular user
179 Posts

Profile of MnemonicaRedux
Hey guys, do remember to join the forum for some goodies! Hehe... I'm an admin there, no no worries.

All this talk about "sybil variations.." Bargh. Stereotype, stereotype, stereotype. In fact, out of the 2 dozen flourishes included in the DVD, only about 3 of them have anything to do with sybils at all!

I would more liken the system to "Packet Madness" NO ONE, and I can say this indefinitely, NO ONE can do this stuff like these guys. 360 Railslide, 00.327.0000 and all... some of the craziest stuff that just goes so fast and smooth, it's unbeleivable. And they're not just simple variations, either.. the brothers have worked hard on this one, and it will sure be a pleasure to watch.

Besides being probably the best cross artists on the planet, the twins are amazing film makers as well! All the editing and filming in the DVD is just breathtaking, to say the least.

I'm glad that Grumpy, Phantomace, and the rest of you guys who have these pre-perceived misconceptions are not getting the DVD, because it's just not your style! I best say we stick to our own styles, and not diss the other unless you have stepped into his shoes. Only then will you understand, only then.

Oh and yeah, remember: get your copies today, the rest of you guys!

-Kev
Cardjinx
View Profile
Loyal user
278 Posts

Profile of Cardjinx
So I guess this means that you have actually seen the DVD right?lol don't think so. 2 handed pivot cuts and sybil variations. same difference.

jinx
Chris Keppel
View Profile
Special user
Kansas City MO
544 Posts

Profile of Chris Keppel
Regardless of what ever you may think, the system is going to be tight. If you think its all sybils then fine, your lose. I think and know its going to be great.
www.chriskeppel.com
Kepp's Custom Carbon Fiber
Jordini
View Profile
Inner circle
San Francisco
2766 Posts

Profile of Jordini
How about....nobody makes any comments, until the ACTUAL DVD comes out? We could argue about what it MIGHT be all day, but that won't get anyone very far.
"Illusion is the first of all pleasures."
Oscar Wilde

"If you only knew the hours I spent just thinking about practicing"
-The Amazing Jonathan
rudess
View Profile
New user
89 Posts

Profile of rudess
Quote:
On 2004-10-01 02:24, Jordini wrote:
How about....nobody makes any comments, until the ACTUAL DVD comes out? We could argue about what it MIGHT be all day, but that won't get anyone very far.

That's a good idea.
Roman
View Profile
New user
London
42 Posts

Profile of Roman
I preordered, but I'm begining to wonder if the thing I ordered has even been filmed yet!

No, I'm joking of course, but still - get a move on d&d!

Roman
ralphgironda
View Profile
Veteran user
325 Posts

Profile of ralphgironda
I agree with Chris Keppel the Bucks dvd is goin to be tight and people need to shut there mouths
Burns
View Profile
Loyal user
218 Posts

Profile of Burns
Lol.. "ok"
"I'd give my right arm to be ambidextrous..." -GrumpyOwl-

"I don't invent, I do Personal Discoveries" - Myself-
GrumpyOwl
View Profile
New user
73 Posts

Profile of GrumpyOwl
Quote:
On 2004-10-13 21:05, sinamon wrote:
people need to shut there mouths

What do you mean shut your mouths anyway, when have you ever heard us speaking, all we have done is use our fingers to tap on keys and produce letters and words, never spoke on here, ever...
LiquidSn
View Profile
Elite user
New York
472 Posts

Profile of LiquidSn
I like cheese
Blog about magic. by me.

Http://www.doublefacers.com
Jordini
View Profile
Inner circle
San Francisco
2766 Posts

Profile of Jordini
I'm all for bashing...wait, let me rephrase that...

I don't mind "constructive criticism" of anything which is less than par (even if it is only that way in a particular person's eyes) but why don't we wait until someone has actually seen the DVD to start in with the bashing. That's all I ask. And LiquidSn, you BEST be talking about EXTRA SHARP CHEDDAR!
"Illusion is the first of all pleasures."
Oscar Wilde

"If you only knew the hours I spent just thinking about practicing"
-The Amazing Jonathan
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Pasteboard Frolics » » Website update for "The System"! (0 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3~4~5 [Next]
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2019 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.35 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL