We Remember The Magic Café We Remember
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Rings, strings & things » » Magic Knot / Thread Trick (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

DavidEscapes
View Profile
Inner circle
I'm Special!
1003 Posts

Profile of DavidEscapes
Hi all

Sorry if this is just basic magic which any idiot should know but I am trying to find some information a trick I saw on the Penn and Teller special 'don't try this at home'. The trick was performed by an American actress, her name escapes me. It involved her feeding a thread through a pierced earlobe then having two audience members hold an end of the thread each. The audience members then pulled the thread fowards and, without either letting go, it came free of the ear. Without a drop of blood or gashed lobe to be seen.

Many thanks all

Duncan
David Victor - The artist formally (and still occasionally) known as David Straitjacket.

My Website
Add me on facebook
KingStardog
View Profile
Inner circle
2134 Posts

Profile of KingStardog
Sounds like them to me.
...think not that all wisdom is in your school. You may have studied other paths,but, it is important to remember that no matter who you are or where you come from, there is always more to learn.
WR
View Profile
Special user
Utah
945 Posts

Profile of WR
sounds like a mini version of the Grandma's necklace to me.
Most magically yours,
WR Smile
"Tell Em WR sent Ya."
DavidEscapes
View Profile
Inner circle
I'm Special!
1003 Posts

Profile of DavidEscapes
Thanks for your help WR.

Seems like a hard trick to find! Do you have any idea where I could get some info on it? If it is the principle used by Penn and Teller I would like to find out where I could buy it. I am in the UK so a supplier here would be great. But I would be happy to order from the US if I have to. But I wouldn't mind having a supplier recommended to me. I don't wanna get stung Smile

Duncan
David Victor - The artist formally (and still occasionally) known as David Straitjacket.

My Website
Add me on facebook
WR
View Profile
Special user
Utah
945 Posts

Profile of WR
Daryl's rope vids. I believe in Mark Wilson's Ency. of magic...
Most magically yours,
WR Smile
"Tell Em WR sent Ya."
DavidEscapes
View Profile
Inner circle
I'm Special!
1003 Posts

Profile of DavidEscapes
Hi all

Thanks for all your help. I think I have this one figured out now. Grandmothers necklace is a pretty fun trick. I have already impressed all the kids on my street Smile

Duncan

My Website
Add me on facebook
WR
View Profile
Special user
Utah
945 Posts

Profile of WR
Good. WARNING MAGIC IS MORE ADDICTIVE THAN THE MOST POWERFUL DRUG!!!
Smile
Most magically yours,
WR Smile
"Tell Em WR sent Ya."
GeoMan
View Profile
New user
Nova Scotia, Canada
2 Posts

Profile of GeoMan
Hey can anyone help me out?
I am a Scout leader and I wanted
to learn some magic knots to help
the kids have some fun with their
rope work
Craig Ousterling
View Profile
Special user
561 Posts

Profile of Craig Ousterling
Again... check out Daryl's rope video's. He has Many many many knot on rope, knot off rope quickies. I beleive most are found on the first video he did one ropes.
GeoMan
View Profile
New user
Nova Scotia, Canada
2 Posts

Profile of GeoMan
Where can I get the videos?
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Rings, strings & things » » Magic Knot / Thread Trick (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2019 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.12 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL