The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Not very magical, still... » » S&R Cartoon show (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

ed rhodes
View Profile
Inner circle
Rhode Island
2889 Posts

Profile of ed rhodes
I have to work Tuesday nights. So I missed the opening episode.

I'm hoping to be able to record it tonight, but I'm not certain it'll happen.

Any opinions on the quality of the show? Writing, performing, animation? Smile
"...and if you're too afraid of goin' astray, you won't go anywhere." - Granny Weatherwax
Shane Wiker
View Profile
Inner circle
Las Vegas
1199 Posts

Profile of Shane Wiker
When is this on? I wanted to see it, but didn't know when or what station it is on. When is the next time I can see it?

Thanks,
Shane Wiker
ed rhodes
View Profile
Inner circle
Rhode Island
2889 Posts

Profile of ed rhodes
Tuesday nights, I think it's NBC. Better hurry, network animation that isn't disruptive families "The Simpsons" "King of the Hill" "Family Guy" don't seem to last too long
"...and if you're too afraid of goin' astray, you won't go anywhere." - Granny Weatherwax
Payne
View Profile
Inner circle
Seattle
4571 Posts

Profile of Payne
Quote:
On 2004-09-08 13:57, mandrake01 wrote:
Tuesday nights, I think it's NBC. Better hurry, network animation that isn't disruptive families "The Simpsons" "King of the Hill" "Family Guy" don't seem to last too long

How true, the Simpsons have only been on Network TV for a decade now, and King of the Hill is entering it's Eigth year.
"America's Foremost Satirical Magician" -- Jeff McBride.
Profan
View Profile
New user
59 Posts

Profile of Profan
Actually, the Simpsons are coming up on their 14th season, making them the longest-running sitcom in history. But I digress.

Father of the Pride is, at best, okay. The quality of the animation is good, the jokes are funny at times, and S&R come out looking like a pair of bumbling idiots. Don't go into this expecting it to be about S&R and their magic. It's not.

I dunno. I'd watch it if there's not much else on, but I highly doubt it's going to become one of my favorites.
Reg Rozee
View Profile
Special user
Vancouver, Canada
592 Posts

Profile of Reg Rozee
I've seen the show, and I like it a lot. Some of the humour is suprisingly adult/risqué— John Goodman's voice may be there, but this is NOT "Monsters, Inc.". The quarrels S&R have with each other are hysterical. This last episode had them fighting "kung fu style" with staves in a very funny bit.

I think the point about the survival of animated series is that if it is a dysfunctional family setting, it has a decent shot (like the Simpsons or King of the Hill), but anything else will have a real hard time. Futurama was very funny, had Groening behind it, got great ratings, sold out its first season DVDs in every store that carried them, and still got the axe.

See this one while you can, I really enjoy it but don't expect it to last past Christmas.
Reality is what doesn't go away when you stop believing in it. -Phillip K. Dick

Who are you going to believe, me or your own eyes? -Chico Marx
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Not very magical, still... » » S&R Cartoon show (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.01 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL