The Magic Caf
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Not very magical, still... » » Enough stupidity! Time to get Serious! Poll: (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3~4 [Next]
Jordini
View Profile
Inner circle
2766 Posts

Profile of Jordini
Baja Fresh. I find taco bell to be the most horrid "eating" establishment I've ever wasted my money on. GROSS! Baja Fresh is goooood stuff however.
dynamiteassasin
View Profile
Inner circle
Naval Air Facility, Atsugi, Japan
1158 Posts

Profile of dynamiteassasin
I'd go for Taco Bell. Their food is really pleasing to my taste buds.. Smile
irossall
View Profile
Special user
Snohomish, Washington
529 Posts

Profile of irossall
Quote:
On 2004-09-16 11:49, Xmosis wrote:

Exactly when, where and how did all this brainwashing take place?

Doug

Brainwashing? Maybe Smile
Many of us (maybe most of us) not only eat because we need to in order to maintain good health but eating is also a form of entertainment. Most people (and I am one) would rather be entertained by someone else rather than to entertain ourselves. While some people consider it a form of entertainment to prepare a fine meal (or not so fine) most would not consider the mess afterwards to be very entertaining.
Why not let someone else do the work while we just sit back and enjoy the feast?
As I look around me these days I would say that a lot of people are getting too much entertainment but let's face it eating out is great fun and who doesn't like to have fun.
As far as "Brainwashed" goes I tend to agree that McDonalds has to be brainwashing our kids because I don't think that their food is very good tasting and when my Daughter asks to go to McDonalds she makes it very clear that it is the new toy in the Happy Meal that interests her, not the food.
Iven Smile
Give the gift of Life, Be an Organ Donor.
MinnesotaChef
View Profile
Regular user
Minneapolis,MN
176 Posts

Profile of MinnesotaChef
" For the millions glued to the computer keyboards at work and TV monitors at home, food may be more tha entertainment. It may be the only sensual experience left" Barbra Ehrenreich
Why waste it on bad food?
"Great restaurants are, of course, nothing but brothels.There is no point in going into them if one intends to keep one's belt buckled."- Fredric Raphael
Dennis Michael
View Profile
Inner circle
Southern, NJ
6018 Posts

Profile of Dennis Michael
Pat's Steaks in Philadelphia. The original Philly Cheese Steak.

If you talked to the meat inspectors of these fast food places, you'd never eat there again!

My choices locallay are: Atco Diner, NJ Diner, White Horse Diner or Pallas Diner...

Or: McDonalds, Berger King, Taco Bell, KFC, Arby Roast Beef, Pizza Hut, Wendy, Subway, Quenzeos,

Or: Chinese, Chinese, or Chinese

Or: Boston Market, or IHOP

My 1st local choice hands down would be TACO Bell because they are the only ones who really have Hot Spicy Stuff.

My 2nd local choice and many times my 1st, is Picallily (Russells) Hot wings. There is no one in the country that can match this specially made secret sauce. It will surely open your pores and you WILL leak from the heat generated!

My third Choice is Panzorotti, another local specially made "Pizza (Turnover)" with a secret bread formula.

All of the above are on my Cardologist DO NOT EAT list!
Dennis Michael
Bohh
View Profile
Regular user
Northeast Ohio
162 Posts

Profile of Bohh
I tend to go for TacoBell. It's near by and I really like the food there. But, BajaFresh is really good too when I'm near one.

I wish we had a Sonic around here though. I see their commercials on T.V. and the food looks pretty good.
Jordini
View Profile
Inner circle
2766 Posts

Profile of Jordini
Quote:
On 2004-09-18 06:50, DenDowhy wrote:
Pat's Steaks in Philadelphia. The original Philly Cheese Steak.

Jim's is also quite good.
chajodawg
View Profile
New user
33 Posts

Profile of chajodawg
I've always wanted to try Sonic too, Bohh. I've never lived within a couple hours' drive of one though...maybe one day Smile
giochi
View Profile
Elite user
492 Posts

Profile of giochi
PATS , JIMS, GENO's = just for tourists
Bob T.
View Profile
New user
55 Posts

Profile of Bob T.
I vote for Wendys (burger and chili)
ed rhodes
View Profile
Inner circle
Rhode Island
2817 Posts

Profile of ed rhodes
Quote:
On 2004-09-10 11:25, drwilson wrote:
What are we talking about here...I'd go to Starbuck's!

With enough of a buzz you wouldn't be hungry, they also have pastry and such.

I just think of Starbucks because I am a very long way from one.

Yours,

Paul

If you're going to Starbuck's, ten dollars won't fill you or give you much of a buzz. Smile
"All the world's a stage, but the play is badly cast!" - Oscar Wilde
ed rhodes
View Profile
Inner circle
Rhode Island
2817 Posts

Profile of ed rhodes
I don't believe NOBODY picked Long John Silver's! I don't care for fish myself, but I have fond memories of the chicken planks!
"All the world's a stage, but the play is badly cast!" - Oscar Wilde
prettylady1990
View Profile
Loyal user
206 Posts

Profile of prettylady1990
KFC
tuffnavyrn
View Profile
Inner circle
San Diego, CA
1238 Posts

Profile of tuffnavyrn
I'll go for a Taco Bell stop any day of the week and twice on Sunday! My next favorite would be Carl's Jr.
Brian-
"That smart thing that somebody else said".
Doug Higley
View Profile
V.I.P.
Here and There
7165 Posts

Profile of Doug Higley
Mandrake01:

I have always liked Long John Silvers...hadn't had one around me for years...but a few weeks ago found a new one doubled up with a KFC.

Wish they still had Peglegs! But it was good!
Higley's Giant Flea Pocket Zibit
Shane Wiker
View Profile
Inner circle
Las Vegas
1199 Posts

Profile of Shane Wiker
I change my vote to Long John Silvers. Those chicken planks are my single favorite food when I eat out.

Shane Wiker
enigmatic aura
View Profile
New user
glitter of neutrons, protons, electrons
50 Posts

Profile of enigmatic aura
Definitely souplantation. All you can eat salads and soups for 6.95. I love to alkalize my blood level.

Lance
Beauty of poetic magic...

Poetry isn't written to be analyzed. It is meant to inspire without reason; to touch without understanding.
- Nicholas Sparks
bjiamin
View Profile
New user
51 Posts

Profile of bjiamin
Would go taco if there was one around here

so in 2nd place would be .. KFC
Doug Higley
View Profile
V.I.P.
Here and There
7165 Posts

Profile of Doug Higley
Living in San Diego, it is not a plus when you're not a total fan of Mexican Food joints. There are only couple of restaurants that pass my test of 'Hearty' and Full Flavored...etc.
Most serve just scraps of this and that thrown onto a Tortilla...as to Mexican fast food, I do like the Taco Bell Tacos (regular) as a quick snack and their little Mexican Pizza is ok as well.

But my Wife is a Mexican Food lover no matter what it is...so I get to sample lots of stuff...but usually that's what I call it a sample...big slabs of meat are not usually on the menu.

There is a Mexican Restaurant in Old Towne San Diego that has an offer on the menu called El Grande.

I ordered this and it was the only time I could barely walk out of a restaurant...the 'plate' turned out to be a huge PLATTER...I mean really huge...with about a ton and a 1/2 of food on it...good too! It had nearly everything on the menu and probably stuff from other nearby restaurants as well...including a big Carne Asada Steak.

Lately we've found a Home Town Buffet in San Marcos that is truely a wonder...anybody in this So Cal area would do well to find it...not only the usual big as you can handle portions but the cooks have been there for years and learned their trade and how to spice...the flavor of most all the entrees is off the hook...I've been to a few Home Town Buffets but this one is KILLER!

Anybody else been there?

Doug
Higley's Giant Flea Pocket Zibit
MagicalPirate
View Profile
Special user
Shamokin, PA
828 Posts

Profile of MagicalPirate
Rally's Burgers, best burgers I've eaten. Got to get back up north one of these days so I can have another of their burgers. Discovered them when we were in Indiana and couldn't get enough.

Martin Smile
Martin Blakley, CSH, DASH, CMSA
http://www.thehypnoguy.com/HYPNORESOURCES
http://www.docgrayson.com/
How To Sell Anything Online
http://tub.bz/?r=1z
Copyright to my own words retained 100%.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Not very magical, still... » » Enough stupidity! Time to get Serious! Poll: (0 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3~4 [Next]
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2022 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.03 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL