The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Puzzle me this... » » 26 (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

el toro
View Profile
Veteran user
Across the atlantic
325 Posts

Profile of el toro
The number 26 is unique. Why?
Kevin Ridgeway
View Profile
V.I.P.
Indianapolis, IN & Phoenix, AZ
1832 Posts

Profile of Kevin Ridgeway
26 is the only number that is directly betweeen a square and a cube. 25 being a square of 5 and 27 being a cube of 3.

Kevin
Living Illusions
Ridgeway & Johnson Entertainment Inc

Kevin Ridgeway &
Kristen Johnson aka Lady Houdini
The World's Premier Female Escape Artist

www.LadyHoudini.com

www.livingillusions.com
DamienT98
View Profile
Regular user
London UK now live in Austin Tx
180 Posts

Profile of DamienT98
Wow, that's good, I was just going to say its the only 2 digit number that starts with a 2 and ends in a 6.
el toro
View Profile
Veteran user
Across the atlantic
325 Posts

Profile of el toro
Well done Kevin.
honus
View Profile
Veteran user
354 Posts

Profile of honus
Every number is unique. Proof?

Say that some numbers are not unique. Then one of those numbers must be the smallest non-unique number. That number is therefore unique. Making the next smallest the smallest non-unique number . . . .
Perl
View Profile
Veteran user
Taiwan
376 Posts

Profile of Perl
Is 7 unique? it is always used in the sports game. For example, in jap comics, basketball player with a number 7 behind is always the MVP, and number 7 david beckham, also very popular in the world... I heard 7 has more uniqueness... can someone tell me more abt 7?
k
View Profile
Loyal user
Marseille
283 Posts

Profile of k
7 is just a religion stuff, that's why... Consirering cultural history of numbers, each number is "unique" in it's own way.

1 unity
3 trinity
etc.
5 bieng my favorite (5 finger, 5 senses, etc...)
I'm just a blind Con that lost his I...
remember, Magic's everywhere... ("Your are the magic !" - Albert Goshman)

"Voici mon secret. Il est très simple. On ne voit bien qu'avec le coeur. L'essentiel est invisible pour les yeux" St-Exupéry
Wolflock
View Profile
Inner circle
South Africa
2257 Posts

Profile of Wolflock
Many numbers are unique for religious or superstitious reasons.

1, 3 and 5 Mentioned already. Just an added note to the trinity, it is not just the holy trinity but with other religions too. Egyptian - Iris, Osiris Horus. Celtic - Helenos, Belenos and another one (cant remember.)
6 - bad - 666 mark of beast. In chinese it is pronounced the same as the word for death I believe. Hope someone can back me up on this or correct me.
7 Has been mentioned.
8 - Eternity, Infinity
12 - Months, Disciples, Tribes, Commandments (including the two added after), Hours, etc.
13 - Disciples including Jesus, Bakers Dozen, etc.

Anyone have others to add?
Wolflock
Pro Magician & Escapologist
Member of JMC (Johannesburg Magic Circle)
South Africa
acmp
View Profile
Elite user
Nottinghamshire
466 Posts

Profile of acmp

Not only the answer to the ultimate question of life, the universe and everything but also a very popular number in religion and film.

Keep an eye out for it.

Oh, and also how many liters of petrol my car needs when the light comes on.
acmp<><

"Well if I had one wish in this god forsaken world, kids
It'd be that your mistakes would be your own"
Alan Wheeler
View Profile
Inner circle
Posting since 2002 with
2038 Posts

Profile of Alan Wheeler
In Chinese, 4 is pronounced "suh" (fourth tone) while "Death" is pronounced "suh" (third tone). So sometimes four is considered unlucky, and cell phone numbers with multiple 4s are cheaper per minute!

6 is a lucky number here. 8 is a very lucky number, and the Olympic games will begin in Beijing at 8 minutes after 8 on the 8th day of the 8th month in--you guessed it--2008.

alan a.k.a. alleycat
The views and comments expressed on this post may be mere speculation and are not necessarily the opinions, values, or beliefs of Alan Wheeler.
A BLENDED PATH
Christian Reflections on Tarot
Word Crimes
Technology and Faith........Bad Religion
Avrakdavra
View Profile
Loyal user
The Pine Tree State, USA
224 Posts

Profile of Avrakdavra
I went to a Chinese restaurant in Philadelphia to celebrate my birthday on 8-8-88. Among us was another friend who shared that birthday. When the proprietors found out the auspicious circumstances of the occasion, they treated our entire party to a free meal!
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Puzzle me this... » » 26 (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.02 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL