The Magic Caf
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Tricks & Effects » » Conradi Rope Trick (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

TrickyRicky
View Profile
Inner circle
TrickyRicky
1642 Posts

Profile of TrickyRicky
Anything on the "Conadi Rope Trick"?
Ted Lesley release from Hocus Pocus
Seems to me that, this effect was in print in the Encyclopedia of rope tricks.
Richard Lyn
runawayjag
View Profile
Inner circle
1085 Posts

Profile of runawayjag
This seemed to me to be an awful lot of set up for a trick that could be duplicated more easily. I also seem to recall reading an older version, maybe from Owen as they used to sell this, that did not require that you replace the rope each time you do it as required by the Ted Lesley version. It's a good trick, but there are far better and more convenient ways to get exactly the same effect. There are also better uses for the gimmicks. Just my opinion.
Dario
View Profile
Veteran user
332 Posts

Profile of Dario
Hello,

In the description of the effect in the Steven's magic says:

"The rope is really cut by the spectator and—no, you don’t have to use a new piece of rope every time."

Is this true?

Dario
Kjellstrom
View Profile
Inner circle
Sweden, Scandinavia, Europe
5160 Posts

Profile of Kjellstrom
I saw these effect many years ago and I had no clue how it was done? Looked very magical..
runawayjag
View Profile
Inner circle
1085 Posts

Profile of runawayjag
No, it's not true. You must replace and re-set the rope every time.
TrickyRicky
View Profile
Inner circle
TrickyRicky
1642 Posts

Profile of TrickyRicky
Someone mentioned that this effect is in one of the Abbots published encyclopedia of rope tricks.
Can anyone verify this?
Richard Lyn
Harry Murphy
View Profile
Inner circle
Maryland
5402 Posts

Profile of Harry Murphy
The Conadi Rope Trick is a very, very clean cut and restored rope trick.

Yes there are at least a dozen different methods to cut and restore a rope. Ted Lessey put out a very easy version that has no false moves, extra bits of rope, or pulling a loop of rope up in the magician’s hand.

Here a spectator finds the middle of the rope and cuts it without the help of the Magician. The magician takes the two lengths of rope and restores it. Just that easy.

You will lose an inch or two of rope each time you perform. You do NOT have to replace the rope after every use, BUT you will have to reset it, which can be time consuming. In the instructions, Mr. Lessey clearly explains how to do a reset such that you can use the original rope.

There are versions of this trick under other names in both Tarbell’s and in the referenced rope magic book (Abbott’s). It would be unfair to give the titles of those tricks just so you can see a close version of this trick.

By the way, after the cutting and restoring of the rope, you are set up to do a fine version of a rope through body.
The artist formally known as Mumblepeas!
Bill Palmer
View Profile
Eternal Order
Only Jonathan Townsend has more than
24306 Posts

Profile of Bill Palmer
This is an improved version of the Conradi rope trick. It does not, as runawayjag claims, require that you replace the rope each time you do it.
"The Swatter"

Founder of CODBAMMC

My Chickasaw name is "Throws Money at Cups."

www.cupsandballsmuseum.com
Ted Lesley
View Profile
V.I.P.
Berlin / Germany
421 Posts

Profile of Ted Lesley
Friends:
If you have read my instructions for this trick, you`ll find out, that you can reset it in less than 5 minutes!

....and the "Conradi Rope Trick" is one of the better "cut and restored Rope Tricks"!!!

Magically Yours

Ted Lesley
Ted Lesley

( The "Victor Borge" of Mentalism )
Magicman862
View Profile
Veteran user
Cincy, OH
385 Posts

Profile of Magicman862
Hocus-pocus no longer lists it on there site, anyone know where it went?
Pete Biro
View Profile
1933 - 2018
18558 Posts

Profile of Pete Biro
STAY TOONED... @ www.pete-biro.com
magician81
View Profile
Loyal user
singapore
293 Posts

Profile of magician81
Hmmm....this sounds familiar like the pavel walking knot......may I know which one is more 'easier to perform'?

yujie
never try, never know
Pete Biro
View Profile
1933 - 2018
18558 Posts

Profile of Pete Biro
They both require some skill, but not difficult, however you need to practice a lot to get it to look like you are not doing anything.

The effects are totally different, however.
STAY TOONED... @ www.pete-biro.com
magician81
View Profile
Loyal user
singapore
293 Posts

Profile of magician81
Thxs a lot.
never try, never know
Dario
View Profile
Veteran user
332 Posts

Profile of Dario
The effects are very different. I supose that Lesley have produce a quality effect.The good think is be able tyo use a gimmicked rope with espectators as assistants, but perhaps, like in the pavel trick, is not a more a question of dificulty but do the moves naturally and "worry free" thanks to the rehearsal

Darío
Mike Giusti
View Profile
Veteran user
371 Posts

Profile of Mike Giusti
Quote:
On 2004-09-14 22:34, Magicman862 wrote:
Hocus-pocus no longer lists it on there site, anyone know where it went?

Waddaya mean? I just saw it on the site...
Magicman862
View Profile
Veteran user
Cincy, OH
385 Posts

Profile of Magicman862
I know its on there now but there was a span of two to three days where it just dissappeared
magician81
View Profile
Loyal user
singapore
293 Posts

Profile of magician81
Stevens magic is selling conradi rope trick for $77.50, hocus-pocus selling it for $ 84.75....hmmmm wat's difference in price?
never try, never know
Steve Haynes
View Profile
Inner circle
Southeastern United States
1119 Posts

Profile of Steve Haynes
$7.25
TrickyRicky
View Profile
Inner circle
TrickyRicky
1642 Posts

Profile of TrickyRicky
Quote:
On 2004-09-26 20:12, magician81 wrote:
Stevens magic is selling conradi rope trick for $77.50, hocus-pocus selling it for $ 84.75....hmmmm wat's difference in price?

Well Ted. Is it the same set up or,yours is the improved version?
Richard Lyn
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Tricks & Effects » » Conradi Rope Trick (0 Likes)
X
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2023 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.02 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL