We Remember The Magic Café We Remember
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The workers » » Fastest Way to New Deck Order? (1 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2
Uli Weigel
View Profile
Inner circle
Berlin, Germany
1478 Posts

Profile of Uli Weigel
I use the Hamman method to set up a Si Stebbins stack, but I don't do it in front of an audience. It's good because it's fast and to memorize the order of the necessary culls is not very difficult.
Patrick Differ
View Profile
Inner circle
1540 Posts

Profile of Patrick Differ
Steven Youell published a NDO to Si Stebbens in one of his lecture notes or books...The Card Guy? It's easy to do and (importantly) easy to remember. Sorry I don't have any more information, some of my books magical are still in boxes...
Patrick Differ
Will you walk into my parlour? said the Spider to the Fly,
Tis the prettiest little parlour that ever you did spy;
The way into my parlour is up a winding stair,
And I've a many curious things to show when you are there.

Oh no, no, said the little Fly, to ask me is in vain,
For who goes up your winding stair
-can ne'er come down again.
dchung
View Profile
Special user
Montreal
616 Posts

Profile of dchung
Patrick,

Steven did not publish this at all. He did however tip it at his lectures. He uses Ortiz's Si Stebbins Secret, which can be found in Ortiz's at the Card Table.
Daegs
View Profile
Inner circle
USA
4283 Posts

Profile of Daegs
Just FYI the basic faro system for getting from new deck order to Si Stebbins is posted in the secret sessions forum.
amccrawford
View Profile
New user
65 Posts

Profile of amccrawford
The following cull will set up the deck sorted from the face A-K, SDCH. I tried to structure it to minimise the number of cards culled on each pass. It assumes you cull the cards to the rear of the deck each time.

1. Even
2. 3,7,J - 4,8,Q
3. 5,6,7,8,K
4. 9,10,J,Q,K
5. Red
6. Clubs, Hearts

This clearly is not USPCC NDO. To get there you could either do a couple of 13 card runs and a cut (run 13 heart cards and drop the pack on top, run 13 clubs and drop the pack underneath, cut 13 hearts back to top of the pack), or you could do a more complicated cull:

1. Even S,D; Odd C,H
2. 3,7,J,4,8,Q of S,D; 2,6,10,3,7,J of C,H
3. 5,6,7,8,K of S,D; A,6,7,8,9 of C,H
4. 9,10,J,Q,K of S,D; A,2,3,4,5 of C,H
5. Red
6. Clubs, Hearts

Not recommended! Smile
Maestro
View Profile
Special user
823 Posts

Profile of Maestro
Quote:
If I could improve from 1:30 to 0:45, then after 10 time I'd have saved like 7 minutes!!!

But how much time have you spend reading this topic/timing yourself, hehe Smile.
Patrick Differ
View Profile
Inner circle
1540 Posts

Profile of Patrick Differ
Dchung,
Sorry it took so long...I've been digging through boxes.

Darwin Ortiz published NDO to Si Stebbins in "Darwin Ortiz at the Card Table", The Si Stebbins Secret, p. 137, copyright 1988, published by Kaufman and Greenburg. Mr. Ortiz credits Rusduck (Cardiste No.3. pp.15-6) & Marlo (Hierophant NO.2, pp.61-2.) with also working out methods.

Steven Youell reprinted, with permission, Ortiz's NDO to Si Stebbins again in "The Card Guy presents STUFF I TALKED ABOUT AT IBM 1995" copyright 1995, pp 8, Casing the Bluff.

My error was using the word "published" instead of "reprinted." Thank you for pointing it out.

Patrick
Will you walk into my parlour? said the Spider to the Fly,
Tis the prettiest little parlour that ever you did spy;
The way into my parlour is up a winding stair,
And I've a many curious things to show when you are there.

Oh no, no, said the little Fly, to ask me is in vain,
For who goes up your winding stair
-can ne'er come down again.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The workers » » Fastest Way to New Deck Order? (1 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2021 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.09 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL