The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The side walk shuffle » » Too scared! (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2
Ron Giesecke
View Profile
Special user
Redding, Ca.
947 Posts

Profile of Ron Giesecke
I think that street magic carries certain nervous baggage that other venues do not. Some people are afraid of causing too much of a ruckus--almost invariably bringing the constable round the corner.

The other thing is that you are interrupting a to-and-fro traffic, that had no idea you would be performing for them. So there is a certain tension that arises, that says "I hope I'm good enough to justify making them 5 minutes late for work"or something like that.

These are at least a couple of reasons that come to mind. See whether this may be what makes you nervous.

Cheers,

Ron
COINAMGIC
View Profile
New user
26 Posts

Profile of COINAMGIC
Don't be scared, just go out and go to it. I have only done street magic one day and I was just doing tricks for a friends then a parent and kids passed by, they said look; David Blaine. Then I said so you like him they said yes, I said would you like to see a trick they said were in a hurry I said its short, and I did in a flash to them just be yourself and say just a short trick then they stay long. lol Any way, that's my 2 cents
coins n' card there all good
flooglestreet
View Profile
New user
New York
63 Posts

Profile of flooglestreet
Part of the feeling is stage fright, which you can use to put an edge on your act. Then too, you are doing something nobody else is doing. This is unique to street arts, (so don't feel guilty about the bucks you get, few people can work up the gumption to do this) Sorry I cant provide exact titles and authors but I live the life now, instead of reading about it. I dont have a library anymore. Be a Street Magician by David (somebody besides Blaine) mentions excercise stretches and the Author says his hats are better after stretching and warm ups. Also try this. Stand heels together, bend slightly at the waist hands together at the palms fingers extended and joined pointing downward, held just in front of the groin. Relax and visualise a ball of energy in your solar plexus. Do not be rigid. Now unfold stretch your arms out straight legs apart raise your head towards the sky. While you do this visualise the energy reaching your extremities. Repeat two or three times. This movement is from Be a Clown again Ive forgotten the authors name. You should feel relaxed. Sometimes people will be staring at you. If you are embarresed, you are approaching things in the wrong light. If you realize that you have started to build a crowdf, you have the correct attitude.
If ya wanna be the Top Banana, Ya gotta start at the bottom of the Bunch (Johnny Mercer)
Looch
View Profile
Inner circle
Off by
3353 Posts

Profile of Looch
when i first started performing for people i could feel my hands literally shaking, id stutter my patter, and try and rush trough tricks, but the more and more i practiced and put this into my performing i found that it became 2nd nature to me, dont get me wrong if im doing a banquet night or table hopping in a huge party (which occasionally i do) i feel really nervous before hand, but once youve approached the first person/s and broke the ice then it all comes natural

be yourself and good luck
Mentalism Products: https://www.readmymind.co.uk/ Learn Mentalism with the Pro's: https://www.mymind.rocks
Stick Man
View Profile
Regular user
UK
178 Posts

Profile of Stick Man
Make sure your routine is sorted, its terrible just standing there trying to think of another trick. try to have three types.e.g. cards, sponge balls and coins Smile
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The side walk shuffle » » Too scared! (0 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.01 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL